Sign in to follow this  
NordicBearskin

Q who?

After watching Q who? this evening it was interesting seeing the very first appearence of the Borg on Star Trek. Its amazing how far the Borg have evolved from Q who? to say, Endgame. They have changed dramaticly since then but the core points of the Borg are there from regeneration to collectiveness. Who knew that within a few years, a Borg drone would be a major charater in a Star Trek TV series? It's at times like these that I wish that I could erase all my memoy of Star Trek and strt again, through seasons 1-7 of TNG, DS9, VOY and then ENT, just to get the full force of the story lines. Ah well...

Q who? was also a great show in itself, with plenty o action fraught with tension. As Picard says it was a 'kick in the pants'. (note he doesn't say whether from the front or back) But even better was the debating other humanity's value and ideals, something that always happens when Q is around. :) I believe this episode also marks the ending of TNG's 'complacency'. The speacil effects were flawed at best, espeacily when compared to Voyagers lavish Borg sets, but who cares? The story rivaled anything Voyager could come up with.

All hail Q who?

:)

Edited by Sasooni

You know, I don't think Q was trying to be the bad guy. I think he knew Voyager would end up encountering the Borg, and that Voyager would need knowledge of the Borg to understand how to deal with them to defeat Species 8472 and eventually the Borg in end game. Now the galaxy is safe, and if I'm not mistaken, I think Q told his son Q in Q2 that the Q are meant to keep order in the universe... which I think was done. Think of all the other times Q has been around. He usually had a lesson to teach Picard!

Yes...as I watched Q who? I wondered whether this show was the seed that eventualy grew into Voyager. In hindsight, some of the things said in this episode seem to be hinting at what might be done in years to come...

Um it's not your PC it's me, I goofed and deleted it. I mustta had too much birthday "cake" :) Here it is again to the best of my memory...

Yep that was where it all started, I still remember the cord of terror seeing them for the first time struck in my heart > :) < I honestly thought the Borg were going to be the ones dealing crushing blows to the Federation but in true Trek form hope was maintained and humanity lived on…

Q who? was also a great show in itself, with plenty o action fraught with tension. As Picard says it was a 'kick in the pants'. (note he doesn't say whether from the front or back)

:) LMBO!

I like this episode a lot, especially the first part of it, in which this young ensign runs into Jean-Luc and tips her drink over his uniform... And the scene in the shuttlecraft with Q.... :)

But, back to the Borg appearance... I think Q picked up an excellent example to show Jean-Luc that humanity can't deal with all threats which are "out there". I enjoyed the moment when he begged Q to bring them back and admitted in front of the whole bridge crew that he had overestimated himself and humanity.

Mrs. Captain Picard

Stardate:213803.9

Definitly a great episode.IMO it is the most important TNG epsidoe.Just think if this episode never existed.We might have never seen the borg therefore no Star Trek First Contact,no borg arc in voyager,and no regeneration in ENT.Definilty a pivatal episode in the Star Trek Franchise

And the episode also tied in with Generations, with the Borg/El Erian history. Why was Guinan an 'imp' though? I think sadly this character point never developed.

Yes, it was a great episode, but it's been about ten years since I saw it,so I don't remember much... :blink:

But it was this episode that got me Borg-crazy! :wow::wow: Yes, I was very interested in the Borg from the beginning.

:wacko:

I was soooooo creeped out when I first saw the Borg. They're some great bad guys :clap:

Did anyone else think that idea of a cube ship was really funny? Or am I just insane?

Yes great episode.

Wierd thing, it is probably just me but the first Borg that htey encounter in Engineering looks like Brent Spiner to me for some reason with a Borg costume. Well, at least he has Brent's nose.

I saw Q Who a few nights ago, and I couldn't believe how little I was remembering from it. It was like seeing the episode for the first time again!

By the way, did you notice the Borg insignia inside the Cube? I did. :dude:

:blush:

After watching Q who? this evening it was interesting seeing the very first appearence of the Borg on Star Trek. Its amazing how far the Borg have evolved from Q who? to say, Endgame. They have changed dramaticly since then but the core points of the Borg are there from regeneration to collectiveness. Who knew that within a few years, a Borg drone would be a major charater in a Star Trek TV series? It's at times like these that I wish that I could erase all my memoy of Star Trek and strt again, through seasons 1-7 of TNG, DS9, VOY and then ENT, just to get the full force of the story lines. Ah well...

Q who? was also a great show in itself, with plenty o action fraught with tension. As Picard says it was a 'kick in the pants'. (note he doesn't say whether from the front or back) But even better was the debating other humanity's value and ideals, something that always happens when Q is around. :clap: I believe this episode also marks the ending of TNG's 'complacency'. The speacil effects were flawed at best, espeacily when compared to Voyagers lavish Borg sets, but who cares? The story rivaled anything Voyager could come up with.

All hail Q who? 

:dude:

82603[/snapback]

It is interesting how allot of species evolve or de-evolve. I mean look at the Ferengi when we first met then they were fierce and stronger than hu-mans with those cool phaser whips! Now they make them out to be weekling little worms who have no army! I believe there was a thread about the Dominion getting weaker as well. :blush::laugh: :angry: