Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

Star Trek XII tenatively scheduled for June 29th, 2012

Jack, do you have a three year calendar to mark off each day? lol

Since they have so much time to make this movie, does that mean it will be twice as good???

Jack, do you have a three year calendar to mark off each day? lol

Since they have so much time to make this movie, does that mean it will be twice as good???

No, I just worked it out. I did a countdown for Star Trek XI (both in theatres and DVD) on my MSN, so I jokingly worked it out for Star Trek XII and posted that there.

They really don't have that much more time work on it. Star Trek XI was announced in April 2006 (and Abrams and company contacted in late 2005) and is was released in May 2009, so roughly three years. Star Trek XII was announced on March 30, 2009 and will be released in June 2012. So again, roughly three years.

I'm just glad they're taking their time and not trying to rush it like Transformers Revenge of the Fallen. Well, that's biggest problem was that is was rushed through the writers' strike, not just that it was rushed.

Will 'Star Trek 2' Boldly Go Without Spock?

01.28.10 By: John Gholson

Could the sequel to 2009's Star Trek be Spockless? "I'm stepping away from Star Trek for at least two years -- no movies, no conventions, no anything for a while," actor Zachary Quinto told Wired, while promoting the upcoming PC game Star Trek Online. In it, he plays holographic Vulcan medic Mark VI, not Spock, as the game is set in the original "Prime" universe. (Leonard Nimoy will provide the voice of Spock in the game.)

The interesting news here is that Star Trek 2 (or whatever it'll be called) laid claim to a June 2012 release date last week. That would put Quinto back in the Spock ears sometime next year. If Quinto wants a two-year break from Spock, he's simply going to have to find a new job. Paramount needs to get on the phone with him quick and work this out.

I'm certain he's contractually bound for another Star Trek film, whether he wants a vacation from Trek or not. Surely, he, of all people, would understand that a Star Trek film without Spock, this early in the renewed franchise, would be highly illogical.

WHAT is this guy thinking?....Sheeesh!

He has clarified:

i have been inundated with questions and confusion about a comment i made during an interview with wired - about the new atari star trek online game - in which i said i am stepping away from trek for the next two years. obviously i will be a part of any upcoming films... reprising my role as spock. what i meant was that in the meantime i won't be making any public appearances related to the franchise - or doing any more auxiliary projects pertaining to the trek universe. i will be focusing my efforts on other projects and preparing to shoot the next film - which will be released in june of 2012... two years from now. hence the no trek for two years remark. worry not trekkers. it was a misunderstanding of context. i am not spock. but i am spock. all at the same time.

ll & p.

zq.

ZacharyQuinto.com