Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holland

Ferengi ships.

We weren't fortunate enough to see many of them in battle conditions.But,when they did threaten the Enterprise-D,they seemed quite capable of holding their own against the Federation flagship.

Yep, a Ferengi Marauder is almost as powerfull as a Galaxy class starship. And I agree we didn't see enough of them. Given their strength and numbers I can't see why they weren't involved in some of the conflict seen in DS9. For profit of course.

Yep, a Ferengi Marauder is almost as powerfull as a Galaxy class starship. And I agree we didn't see enough of them. Given their strength and numbers I can't see why they weren't involved in some of the conflict seen in DS9. For profit of course.

Unless the Dominion directly threatened Ferengi commerce,there was no reason for Grand Nagus Zek to commit Ferengi forces to war.It would not have been profitable,afterall.Also,in the aftermath of the war,while the warring powers were weakened from the conflict,the Ferengi Alliance would retain much of its power and influence,increasing its stature in the quadrant and at negotiations tables.

:klingon:

From what I've seen,the Ferengi are not very keen on military confrontation.They either surprise their opponents or covertly act against them from a distance.There have been very few instances of Ferengi directly challenging another species.

The Ferengi Marauder is a powerful and fast starship,though.

:klingon: