Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Borg Queen

The Borg Queen is an incredibly complex being considering she is the "leader" of a collective of automatons. It would have been very easy to create a one-dimensional character rather than the rich character they did.

I would have loved to know more about her own background before she became Borg. It would have been fascinating to find out how she was able to become Borg Queen after her own species was assimilated.

The Borg Queen is definitely one of the best villains to hit the screen and not just in the Star Trek universe.

I liked her very much as a villain. I enjoyed her talk with Data in First Contact, and the moment when she told Jean-Luc how small he has become (or something).

Like Jean-Luc says in the end of First Contact:

"She was unique."

He's very right with that. :clap:

Mrs. Captain Picard

The Borg Queen is an incredibly complex being considering she is the "leader" of a collective of automatons.  It would have been very easy to create a one-dimensional character rather than the rich character they did. 

I would have loved to know more about her own background before she became Borg.  It would have been fascinating to find out how she was able to become Borg Queen after her own species was assimilated.

The Borg Queen is definitely one of the best villains to hit the screen and not just in the Star Trek universe.

Agree with you there. :) And I have also wondered if there would be any series/movies that explain how the Collective was created. B) :)

:)

Stardate:213816.9

I too have been very interesting in the borg's early history.How they were created,who was the first borg,and how the queen became the queen.

I didn't much care the Voyager's Borg Queen,but the "First Contact" Queen,as played by Alice Krige was incredible.I can understand why Data was fascinated by her.She had an odd attractive quality that made you forget about everything she represented. :borgqueen:

I always enjoyed the character of the Borg Queen. I found her intriquing. And I to would love for TPTB to find a way to give more information on the origin of the Borg.

I to have to agree with you all there that the borg queen is cool and i would also love to now how the borg were created not just the queen. Who was the leader of the borg before the queen because her race was not the first to be assimilated.

:lol:

Edited by Tal Shiar 8472

It would've been awesome if the Borg were the "children" of V'Ger/Decker/Ilia from Star Trek:The Motion Picture.Too late for that now,of course.Unless,they throw in an odd time-travel spin,in which the joined V'Ger entity somehow transported back in time (maybe falling through a hole in space-time?)...

:huh:

The Borg are very unique in Star Trek, but they are all the same... just drones. What I like about the queen is that she is NOT mindless and subscribes to Borg philosophies to an extreme extent. Other modern (ie Voyager) Borgs always talk about perfection and things too, but most drones just walk around and don't do much. The Queens are too much fun, especially in First Contact.

I agree that the BQ was one of the most frightening villains in any of the movies. She has a complete lack of human sentiment. As for the borg being descended for m Ilia/Decker isn't that what Shatner said in on of his novels?

I think that the borg Queen is one of the greatest villains of all time!! she is sexy and ruthless and has a need to be perfect! lol :borgqueen:

I agree that the BQ was one of the most frightening villains in any of the movies.  She has a complete lack of human sentiment.  As for the borg being descended for m Ilia/Decker isn't that what Shatner said in on of his novels?

Well, that's been disproved in ENT "Regeneration" when the surviving Borg from FIRST CONTACT are thawed and assimilated an Earth transport so they can rejoin the collective. The episode is set in 2152, THE MOTION PICTURE is set in 2271. :dude:

I agree that the BQ was one of the most frightening villains in any of the movies.  She has a complete lack of human sentiment.  As for the borg being descended for m Ilia/Decker isn't that what Shatner said in on of his novels?

Well, that's been disproved in ENT "Regeneration" when the surviving Borg from FIRST CONTACT are thawed and assimilated an Earth transport so they can rejoin the collective. The episode is set in 2152, THE MOTION PICTURE is set in 2271. :dude:

How does that disprove anything CJLP?

Regeneration is set in 2152, and The Motion Picture is set in 2271. But what you have to realize is that those drones are NOT from 2152, they are from AFTER 2271.

Well, that's been disproved in ENT "Regeneration" when the surviving Borg from FIRST CONTACT are thawed and assimilated an Earth transport so they can rejoin the collective. The episode is set in 2152, THE MOTION PICTURE is set in 2271. :eek:

How does that disprove anything CJLP?

Regeneration is set in 2152, and The Motion Picture is set in 2271. But what you have to realize is that those drones are NOT from 2152, they are from AFTER 2271.

Correct, but they were trying to reach the Borg collective "of" 2152. :dude:

More accurately, they tried to send a signal to the Borg collective, but even if that message travels at high warp it would take 60 years for it to travel. If the message travels through subspace at a slower speed it could take more than 120 years. I agree that this is unlikely however because it would take time for the borg collective to grow beyond decker and ilia and get to the delta quad. Perhaps decker and ilia somehow got into the past and created the Borg collective.

Actually I thought the book gave a slightly different theory about how the technological species had something to do with V'gers altering created the borg or were the borg.

?

Well, in FIRST CONTACT, the Enterprise-E followed a Borg Sphere from 2373 back to 2063. Here's a line from the movie:

"But the in the 21st century, the Borg are still in the Delta Quadrant." - Beverly

In ENT "Regeneration" 2 surviving Borg assimilate humans and their transport, as well as aliens on the way, to head for the Borg Collective of the 22nd century while transmitting Earth's coordinates incase they are destroyed.

In the VOY episode "Dragon's Teeth", Voyager discovers the last survivers of a race of aliens, the Vaadwaur, who had bene in stasis for 700 years. One of the Vaadwaur had recognised Seven as "Borg". This indicates that the Borg were a major power as far back as the 17th century. Guinnan also said in TNG "Q, Who?" that the Borg had been arround for thousands of centuries.

So, it is far more likey that V'Ger's ship was constructed by the Borg or a similar race.

I liked the Borg Queen, although the one from Voyager was sorta boring.

Which one? The Borg Queen seen on VOY was intended to be the same character as seen in ST:FC, only played by a different actress. I just figured she cloned herself and built a new body each time or something.

Star Trek: First Contact - Alice Krige

VOY "Dark Frontier" - Sussanna Thompson

VOY "Unimatrix Zero" - Sussanna Thompson

VOY "Endgame" - Alice Krige

Wow, I feel somewhat embarrased with myself. I never knew that Alice Krige played the Borg Queen in Endgame. But I do have a good explanation that really makes Alice look good.

Every time I saw Thompson play the Borg Queen I always thought to myself, I miss Alice Krige. She did so well in her role. I guess it turns out that she did so well that I didn't even notice her as the Borg Queen in Endgame cause all I could see was the Queen herself and not Alice Krige! Wow! I just watched the episode the other night too!

i love how they made her an individual while being the collective at the same time. I love the depth the Alice Krige gave the Queen.

I didn't much care the Voyager's Borg Queen,but the "First Contact" Queen,as played by Alice Krige was incredible.

lol same person... mostly

any way the borg queen the "real" borg queen maintains the borg and the will of all the "queens" seen in voy/movie 8 from a gigantic space station that maintains position outside of the galactic boundry...

Vash

u are avoiding my 2 attempts in asking u about your idea on the "real Queen"

Now I'm, starting to believe, this is totally a made up idea of yours with no real idea if it exists or not.

no offense :)

Your idea of another complex outside the galaxy is not possible. The Borg like all species are still in the growing stages. They only owned 20,000 light-years in diameter of space, how do u expect them to even bother making something out side the borders of the galaxy?

& for what, it doesn't seem to serve any purposes.

right now, signs on every series portraying Borg, shows there's only 1 Queen which receives replacements everytime 1 dies.

at the moment when there's no Queen the Collective is controlling themself performing their tasks

Queen :borgqueen: - Collective - Drones :)

The Borg are very unique in Star Trek, but they are all the same... just drones.  What I like about the queen is that she is NOT mindless and subscribes to Borg philosophies to an extreme extent.  Other modern (ie Voyager) Borgs always talk about perfection and things too, but most drones just walk around and don't do much.  The Queens are too much fun, especially in First Contact.

I agree is manly a star trek thing ... The Borg Queen is a amazing persona she is all of the borg minds at onceBlue

Guest Guest
The Borg are very unique in Star Trek, but they are all the same... just drones.  What I like about the queen is that she is NOT mindless and subscribes to Borg philosophies to an extreme extent.

Actually, she showed that the Borg have a consistent philosophy. It's one we don't agree with, but it is consistent.

yeah, but she's dead now so it's over. Voyager kicked her *buttocks*, and she felt the wrath  :wow:

Actually, it's the 3rd time we've seen her die, so chances are, we'll see her again. :huh:

I don't know..the unicomplex was destroyed..if she survived, then long live the borg :wow:

I don't know..the unicomplex was destroyed..if she survived, then long live the borg  :wow:

She's dead alright, but she's still alive at the same time :wow:

all they need is a female Drone's body & memory of the Queen stored in the Hive-Mind, & poof a new :borgqueen: is born :huh:

That's how IMHO & most logical possibility of how it works :huh:

Oh & another thing, we only see 2 Queen died, not 3.

The Queen is not as stupid as we humans to hop onto a vessel to chase down a tiny stupid vessel.

She was safe in her Unimatrix while her "Diamond" went after the Delta Flyer.