Sign in to follow this  
ensign_beedrill

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot

10 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Earl Grey tea?

• I like it and have it often.
    • It's alright, but I don't drink it that much.
    • I tried it once and never again.
    • I've never tried it but would like to.
    • I've never tried it and have no intentions to.

Anyone out there curious enough about the stuff to have tried it? A few years ago, my dad came home from the grocery store with a box of it. He said he saw it on the shelf and thought of me. I, of course, was just thrilled about that. So I heated up some water and made some tea.

It was gross. Wow. And now I had a whole box of it to go through. So as I made more cups, I tried adding different things like sugar and lemon juice. Once I dumped a whole small cup of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream in there.

But the more I drank it, the more it grew on me and now I like it just plain. Haven't had much of it lately because I try to avoid caffeine, but recently found some non-caffeinated Earl Grey. Jackpot.

Edited by ensign_beedrill

I tried it. It tastes like pepper dumped into hot water. Its awful!.....No wonder picard was such a tight-ass!....... :yucky:

It took me a while to get used to it as well, you're not alone. :yucky: Can't imagine NOT drinking it... lol.

Ewww!!

Think of it as health food. Coffee and tea have been shown to have polyphenol compounds that could protect the brain from developing Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia. Lemon juice helps with the absorption of the polyphenols.

When I first tried it, I thought, "This is OK." I didn't especially like it or dislike it. The more I drank it, the more it grew on me. I usually drink it with honey.

Computer---Earl Grey, hot!