Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Star Trek: Of Gods and Men

What Rating would you give Star Trek: Of Gods and Men  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What Rating would you give Star Trek: Of Gods and Men?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

ofgods.jpg

For those that don't know what the movie is about, a short summary of the story is that Charlie Evans (from the TOS episode Charlie X) years later is still angry at Kirk and is on a manhunt to kill him. When he discovers that Kirk "died" trying to save the Enterprise B 12 years ago, Charlie uses the Guardian of Forever to go back in time and kill Kirk's mother while she is pregnant with him. Doing so changes the events of history drastically for the worse. With Tuvok's help, Uhura eventually remembers the way history used to be before Charlie changed it. She then gets the help of those who will to return history to the way it was before Charlie messed with history,

I have to say that, at first, I was a little turned off by the look of the ships since it obviously isn't on par with the other movies and TV series. Of course, I knew that it wasn't going to. The story gets better the more it unfolds. It is real fun watching to see what Trek actor would show up next. There are major actors of the Trek alumni that make appearances, but also minor but famous actors such as Arlene Martel. You would know Arlene as T'Pring (Spock's bride-to-be from Amok Time).

The movie's climax is the battle between Gary Mitchell (from the TOS episode "Where No Man Has Gone Before") and Charlie! That is like a fan dream scenario for battle. It is very exciting, although it's a shame that neither actor fromt he original episode reprised their roles). With that said, Daamen Krall is excellent in the role of Gary. He is the central villain of the film and he is very convincing.

My favorite character of the film is Garret Wang's portrayal as Garan. He was just a really cool character and Garret pulled off the role very well. Anyway, to sum it all up, I loved the movie. It is a great treat for fans and really does honor the series. The only downer I could see in the film is that only Trek fans can catch all of the refences made and truly appreciate the film for what it is. That's not bad since this movie was specifically made for us fans. I can just tell that seeing Gary and Charlie fight in a big battle looks really cool, but it means so much more if you know the characters.

I would definitely recommend watching this movie if you haven't seen it yet. If you can get past the special effects then you will find a really good story. You can see it for free at http://startrekofgodsandmen.com/main/ or you can now get it on DVD! Renegade Studios gives away a free copy on their website when you buy anything at their store. That's what I did and it's worth it. Just buy a cheap poster and you get this for free, or the poster for free (however you wanna see it).

I am of course familiar with it, but have never seen it....that said, boy, does that big rumble between two super-telepaths sound cool. 'Charlie X' and 'WhereNo Man' are two favorite eps...yes, too bad Lockwood and Robert Walker weren't on, but, the concept is great. I wasn't aware of that plot element.

I watched it when it first came out. I thought the story was really good but the FX were really lacking.