Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Has anything "Made Your Day" today?

I talked with the Lead construction worker managing a job that has kept us from parking on our street for weeks and he said they'd be done on our block in another week. :) That made my day.

Has anything "Made Your Day" today?

Not really; it's still early. I did have the fortitude to get up early and work out, so that was pretty cool.

But what made my day yesterday? My mom works at a library and over Christmas, she gave me a big Phantom of the Opera book. She told me it was in a pile of books the library was getting rid of and she rescued it for me. I just started looking through it yesterday and it had a history of the Paris opera and some stuff about the original book and the 1925 movie and a couple of other movies. Then it had tons and tons of pictures and stories about the Andrew Lloyd Webber version. Oh, it was awesome. But what made me gasp in total surprise was when I flipped the page and saw a big old title page staring back at me with the words "Libretto." I leafed through the section and it was all there. Every word, every song. Wow! If I ever need a Phantom fix, I can put on my original cast recording, and read along, pausing the track during the dialog. I can play every part. It was such an awesome find! I will definitely have to read through the rest of that book one day rather than just flipping through and looking at the pictures. :)

Hmm made my day today, yes I would say.

My son had his 15 month check up today and the doctor told me that he is in the 90th percentile for his height he is really tall she also told me that he looks and sounds healthy and happy and that I was doing a very good job raising him that made me happy I know I am doing a good job just sometimes it's just good to hear it

Rachael aced her math assessment on a lesson she's been really struggling with and Paul's visits to the melmed center are covered for the next 6 months.

On Saturday, I was at a baseball game. Near the end, a kid walked over to me, held out a baseball to me, and told me it came from the dugout. The first thing I noticed was that it was signed by one of our middle infielders. I thought that was very nice of him to send me a ball. Then I noticed there was a phone number on it and I was a bit puzzled. Then I turned it over and it said "call me." Lol. That's never happened to me before. Definitely made my day.

I finished my 5 Paragraph paper for Comp. I so I'm all done with school for this semester. Now I can go back to worrying about other things full time :laugh:

Realizing that this is a four day week! Three day weekends are great. But the unexpected side effect of a four day week after a Monday holiday is always nice. :yucky:

My daughter's health improving, now that we got the ok from our nutritionist and did what we wanted (and our family was saying) and are feeding our daughter more than what the consultants (aka :flowers: ) told us we could. She is getting stronger & sleeping longer now. :laugh: That makes my husband's and my day.

As does the fact that our water bill doesnt suck like we thought it would!!!! A water line broke and I called the city about it at like 11pm when we noticed there was not much pressure, they didnt come until 2:30pm the next day saying I should have taken my little girl out in the middle of the night to search for the leak (or the rainstorm that morning). Or leave her by herself in the house (my hubby had left for work), mmm how 'bout I not?? So they said we'd have to pay for all the water that poured out, I called the city to share MY feelings... So far I'm not seeing a charge for the 100,000+ gallons THEY let pour before the came to check it out. I hope it stays off or I will be angry.

Seeing Bethlehem vote for himself for "sexist person" and not "sexiest person". LOL

That is because not only am I challenged in spelling, I am also challenged in reading.

Atty, my great horned owl friend of several years, came to visit me tonight. I just adore her.

Finishing and emailing my UNIX final to my UNIX professor and officially completing the Spring semester putting me on a mini-vacation.

Went to a friend's karaoke birthday party tonight. Sang "Mack The Knife" by Bobby Darin and somebody bought me a beer for that. One of the guests has also been in Playboy and I saw some nude pics of her on my friend's phone. Very nice. She looks better with the short hair she has now though. Unfortunately she is married. Then I sang U2's "With or Without You". Even though I'm about 25 years older than when that song came out I can still hit the high notes. Another cute girl who I would say was no older than 22 was taking photos of me, maybe because I was eating a rose someone got for the birthday girl. (Hey, I didn't have dinner.) She said she wants to Facebook friend me. Then it was my turn to sing again and in a surprise move I chose Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up". That's right, I Rick-Rolled the whole bar! When the bar closed the birthday girl, now 27, said that she had two tallents - playing the saxophone and giving oral sex. (Let's see if that gets past the censors.) Then she stuck her tongue in my mouth. So I'm seeing her again next week.

So it was a pretty boring Monday.

My little one taking 4 steps by herself :) She keeps taking a step or two, this is the most she has done so far. She'll be 11 months this weekend. That and my mom called for my dad to come out to the dining room for dinner, she called him by his nickname... where my 2 year old cupped her hands to her mouth then yelled out my dad's nickname LOL! And my unborn son is still doing well, so quite a few things made my day today.