Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

In a chance meeting...

At the end of last week I was working out in my yard and got into a batch of poison ivy without realizing it, so for the past several days I've been suffering the wrath of the ivy.

This morning, after a fitful night of trying to sleep I decided to drive out to the VA Hospital to see what they could do for me. As I was waiting by the pharmacy to pick up the meds that I was prescribed I was approached by Odie. So after 6+ years of having the board online I've had my first random meeting with a board member.

So Odie if you get a chance to log in and see this, it was a pleasure meeting you this morning and if I didn't seem too talkative I was suffering the Wrath of the Ivy as you saw on my arms lol.

Wow....Odie hasn't been around here for a long long time. Maybe after meeting you, she might pop in. What the heck was she doing in Virginia anyway? She lives in San Diego as I recall.

So did she reconize you or you her? It would be nice if she stop by and said hi.

I was standing there leaning against the wall just waiting for my name to show up on the board or prescriptions that were ready to be picked up and she recognized me.

:superhappy: Sheesh, talk about small world.

Yes, it is indeed.

It really was a 'chance meeting', I just decided at the last minute to drive to Hampton (about 45 minutes away from me) rather than just driving 10 minutes to a small out patient clinic. Really it's a one in a million chance that I'll even feel like making that 45 minute drive and add on top of that the annoyance of poison ivy all over both arms and me deciding to make that drive is even less likely lol

Wow....Odie hasn't been around here for a long long time. Maybe after meeting you, she might pop in. What the heck was she doing in Virginia anyway? She lives in San Diego as I recall.

No, she relocated to Virgina. I believe she left the Navy and moved to Virginia for a civilian job. My facts could be wrong, though.

wow Odie been missing from here really miss her on this site hope she come back

That is amazing. Hope she does drop in to say Hi. How are the arms doing, VBG?

No, she relocated to Virgina. I believe she left the Navy and moved to Virginia for a civilian job. My facts could be wrong, though.

I wonder how she ended up in Virginia? She's originally from Buffalo, NY and spent most of her military career in California. Did you get ANY info out of her at all, VBG?

I think she was staying in the National Guard though - but I could be wrong.

That is amazing. Hope she does drop in to say Hi. How are the arms doing, VBG?

They're driving me crazy, there's a little on my face and chest now too. The bad thing about it is I have a family reunion to go to in a couple days up in Maryland.

I wonder how she ended up in Virginia? She's originally from Buffalo, NY and spent most of her military career in California. Did you get ANY info out of her at all, VBG?

No, we just spoke for a minute, and I was in a bit of discomfort which was distracting me.

Hope the meds work. :)

Thanks, I've been on them for a couple days now and they're helping a lot. Still have a lot of the rash and blisters on my arms, chest and stomach but aside from where my shirt rubs on the rash the itching and pain has all but vanished.

I'll be glad when I can walk in public without a pink crust of calamine lotion all over my arms again lol

If I were to run into someone from here it would most likely be Kor or MrP... Knowing my luck...

If I were to run into someone from here it would most likely be Kor or MrP... Knowing my luck...

And you would be damn lucky to do so!..... :)

Says the guy who has a tribble for hair...

Oh cmon Matthew....don't pretend you don't see me everytime I give your Mom her child support check.........

;)

Oh cmon Matthew....don't pretend you don't see me everytime I give your Mom her child support check.........

;)

633775495275400070-doublefacepalm.jpg