Sign in to follow this  
SuraksSoul

Where are the Enterprise posts?

Looking at the quantity of message posts about the last episode of Enterprise "Exile"... (it's not bad) but Alterego brought up a good point in the beginning of the thread and I don't think he meant it in the fashion that I'm now going to state it. Where are the people (fans) at? Have they abandoned the new series? There are around 500 registered members on this board (considering a lot of those 500 are not actively participating anymore probably). Some posters stay in their own threads (i acknowledge guilt on this one)...but even when "Enterprise" goes off air (after season 7 of course!) I will welcome any new Star Trek show with open arms if one is comes our way and post in whatever thread is created for it. Nevertheless, we need more posters people. Anybody have suggestions or ideas on how to attract more people to the "Enterprise" forum and to comment on episodes?

Note: I'm always glad to read the posts of all of the regulars (you know who you are!)

Guest bella

Well, I'm not a regular, but I avoid many threads because I am in the UK and won't get to see Season 3 until next year. People here are very good about spoilers but it does mean even general threads can be dangerous waters! B)

Hi! When you mentioned ENT regulars, do you mean regulars to the ENT forum or the the show? I'm a regular to both. Right now I very busy with work and such, so I haven't had much time to post. But I'm here! As soon as I get through this busy time, you'll be seeing much more of me.

Hi! When you mentioned ENT regulars, do you mean regulars to the ENT forum or the the show? I'm a regular to both. Right now I very busy with work and such, so I haven't had much time to post. But I'm here! As soon as I get through this busy time, you'll be seeing much more of me.

Riaan, I mean both to the forum and to the show. Foremost to the Enterprise forum, because if you have ever visited ST.com -- you know the immediate difference that this board (STF.net) offers. Nothing pleases me more than to engage in intelligent conversations with people of common interests and STF.net offers such.

We just need more people to invoke more opinions into the pool.

Unfortunately, we do not have as much control when it comes to bringing new people to Enterprise (the show) other than good old fashioned word of mouth. B)

Edited by SuraksSoul

SuraksSoul one thing you and any others interested in drawing more people here can do is visit the other MBs and politely post on the "links" page letting the local ENT lovers know there is a place they can go and express their feelings for ENT and give them a link or, you can post on any threads there sharing your views of whatever topic it may be and leave a quiet little link to here at the bottom of your posts. Those are how we go get new recruits.

hey suraksoul, im always here. when someone posts a new topic in ENT or any other board for that matter i know it, then if i like it i subscribe to it for any addtional posts, so i keep up with it. I LOVE ENTERPRISE. its a great show.

"if you build it, they will come" I am sure there are fans out there who are just happy reading what others think about Enterprise and all Trek shows..give them time, they will emerege sooner or later.

I love enterprise, like I love all other treks, I just don't bother to post something with every episode. If I see something significant in an ep I might mention it, or if its a season premier I will definately say something, but for the most part, I just add a reply to a topic... Edited by Commander Bolivar

Stardate:213792.7

I post on any Ent post that i feel i want to comment one(which is most of them)although i generally avoid the threads about future episdoes cause i dont want to spoil them

As most times I come on in the middle of the night so sometimes in my opinion when I go read post sometimes I just don't post as someone else has already posted what I would have said so I read and go on

SuraksSoul one thing you and any others interested in drawing more people here can do is visit the other MBs and politely post on the "links" page letting the local ENT lovers know there is a place they can go and express their feelings for ENT and give them a link or, you can post on any threads there sharing your views of whatever topic it may be and leave a quiet little link to here at the bottom of your posts. Those are how we go get new recruits.

Yes, I really agree with you on recruiting from other boards. The others should also join in on doing this. In fact, it was a post by VGB on ST.com that brought me to the beginnings of this board. So dropping a little note on other boards will definetly work.

Also..by contacting webmasters of fan-based sites, you might even get them to create a link or mini-advertisement for STF.com!!

Do the MODS have any advertising promos on websites?

Also..by contacting webmasters of fan-based sites, you might even get them to create a link or mini-advertisement for STF.com!! Do the MODS have any advertising promos on websites?

No, none of that has been done yet, discussions about it are on going but nothing really absolute has been decided yet.

I just signed up. B) So I haven't had much time to post. I like posting in the ENT forums of the BBS I belong to b/c we can still speculate on what's going to happen instead mourn for what we no longer have. Makes for more active discussion in my opinion.

I post often enough. Mostly I like to read the opinions of others. A lot of the time, the things I have to say have already been said, and I don't feel the need for saying them again. Sometimes I just don't feel strongly enough about a topic to add something. And sometimes I just have nothing to say. Also, I don't read any threads having to do with episodes I haven't seen yet. I'm not able to watch Enterprise on Wednesdays, so I tape it and watch it during the weekend. Then I'll come back and read all of the posts. Usually by then, someone with my opinion has already posted. ^-^;; But I come here almost daily to see what's new and read new posts and everything. You just might not see me post all of the time.

As for advertisement... I have a link to this site on my web site. Only the best go on my links page. ^-^;;

I don't have any real complaints about Enterprise, so I don't write to gripe.

And while I may post a thought, I mostly want to read what others are saying, because I miss a lot that others notice, and so I am able to think about these things when I watch the episode again.

Just wanted to say I'm here and I love Enterprise. I am currently brushing up on some TNG. It's really interesting to watch it and think of Enterprise coming before it. The day before yesterday I watched the/a episode with the starship T'Pol. Today I was watching an eps and they talked about the capt. never going on away missions. I thought that was interesting since it is a topic that has recently came up on Enterprise. I've also been thinking about how so may eps took place on the holodeck or during time travel in TNG, VOY. I believe it is a lot harder to write "original episodes" for a 5th series with out these things. Anyway, I too was tipped off by someone on St.com to come here. I will try to get the word out. This is a really positive forum and I have been enjoying it since I signed up. :clap: