Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer's did you notice?

Did you notice...

Click for Spoiler:

-Hoshi's quarters have windows which supports 'Flight or Fight' and contradicts 'Fallen Hero' (Apparently in Fallen Hero her quarters have no windows)

-Archer spends a lot of his free time in the situation room? (Not suprising)

-Archer seemed excited about the second sphere? (First time in a while we've seen him excited).

-Phlox feels he keeps too much bottled up?! (I don't even want to know what other Denoublians are like)

-Malcolm thought he saw a Xindi-Insectoid in his quarters? (Maybe the stress Trip was talking about in Impulse is getting to Malcolm)

-Tarquin's abode had the exact same stained glass windows as the section of the Romulan Senate where Shinzon and Picard dine in Nemesis? (They can be seen when Hoshi is in his home in her mind)

-It is Starfleet regulation for Captain's to be present on all first contact missions? (Makes sense, good reason for Archer and Kirk to go on away missions but obviously changed later on)

-Hoshi is going to keep a phase pistol under her pillow? (Why does that seem like a Malcolm thing?) (Or at least James Bond)

-This episode did a lot to develop Hoshi's character? (Being alone most of her life, her new found assertiveness when dealing with Tarquin)(Great performance by Linda Park)

-Only one in 50 million people among Tarquin's people are telepathic and are considered a threat? (Sounds like the Devore from 'Counterpoint' (VGR)

-Hoshi has studied Medieval Klingon? (WHere did she get her hands on that?)

-Hoshi's telepathic vision was pretty much a clip show? (I still liked it)

-That Stair anomaly was awesome?! (How are they going to fix that?)

-Pod 1 took another beating? (Yeesh, Kirk has trouble keeping crewmen alive, Archer has a hard time keeping his shuttles intact)

-There are over 50 spheres? (Aye-Carumba!)

-This episode links directly to the Shipment? (Next new episode airing in two weeks, I've read spoilers)

Stardate:213789.8

Medival Klingon compared with modern Klingon.Whats the difference?? :bow:

Who was that actor playing the telepath? There is something very familiar about his voice but when he was shown out of make-up we still could not place him at all B) Does he do any cartoon voices or commercials?

Yeah, the alien actor...er, actor alien... whatever... he did seem VERY familliar... even without the makeup to me, but I could not place him either. Oh and just to let ya know Jack, the protocol requiring the senior officer to go on away missions of first contact does not change after ENT. This was established in other treks but at times they do break the rule. Well, everytime really, just like with the "prime" directive. More like the "If you want to" directive.

Medival Klingon compared with modern Klingon.Whats the difference?? B)

That's what I was wondering B)

Medival Klingon compared with modern Klingon.Whats the difference?? B)

Series to series there is little difference but when you get into the (unfortunately) non-canon novels you find that over time there are many differences among Klingons and their ideas of what truly is the Honorable thing to do and the spilts different ideas causes between them. B) The series always only scratch the surface compared to what Trek is when you begin to incorporate info supplied in novels into the big picture.

-Tarquin's abode had the exact same stained glass windows as the section of the Romulan Senate where Shinzon and Picard dine in Nemesis? (They can be seen when Hoshi is in his home in her mind)

i noticed this too. i thought tarquin's whole house was very 'nemesis looking'.

Noticed some of these points. Was especially glad to get to know about Hoshi's aloneness. It changes the way I see her character. Really good episode.

Did you notice all of the candles? Obviously not needed for light because of all the technology but they certainly add a certain ambiance - but they were everywhere. The guy would have had to spend half his day just lighting them all. Not to mention would alien species develop "wax candles"?

Medival Klingon compared with modern Klingon.Whats the difference?? :clap:

If you have ever read Medieval English, you will understand.

I suspect some of the differences might include more primitive versions of current Klingon words (possibly primitive to the point of being unrecognizable), certain words or phrases which have lost their meaning over time, and the language might be less "regulated" (in other words, there was little or no formal education during the Medieval Klingon period, much like Earth).

As for where Hoshi got it, possibly the Vulcan database?

The only languages that haven't changed are now dead languages. Middle English and Olde English are good examples. Medieval French and High German, as well. If we actually could speak with Richard the Lionhearted or Charlemagne, they probably wouldn't understand us very well. What I wonder is how Hoshi (and Starfleet) got their hands on medieval Klingon. It's not like the two empires are at peace in this time period. And the Klingons they WOULD meet (POW's, diplomats, emissaries, etc.) wouldn't exactly be speaking old versions of their language. Someone steal some Klingon literature along the way? Find old abandoned Klingon colonial library? :clap:

Click for Spoiler:

-This episode did a lot to develop Hoshi's character? (Being alone most of her life, her new found assertiveness when dealing with Tarquin)(Great performance by Linda Park)

Click for Spoiler:

I liked this part. I noticed that she's really grown as a person. She was very assertive when arguing with Tarquin. And that threat she made with the crystal just wasn't something I had even suspected she would do. I liked how her character was more fully developed. I can identify and understand her better now, because I am much the same way; feeling isolated even when I'm around others. I had always wondered how she had learned all those langauges, and more importantly, when she had found the time. Now I know that she spent most of her childhood studying and being alone. Quite sad.

I felt very sad for Tarquin. He actually seemed quite nice, despite the fact that he tried kidnap Hoshi. He just wanted a friend. That's not the way to go about making friends, but still... he just wanted a friend. And he was really nice. He even decided to help the Enterprise crew after all. He just needed a little companionship, and I'm happy he had a few days with a friend.

I wonder if Hoshi will keep in touch... like send letters. It might be a little odd, but he seemed like a nice fellow.