Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Which is the best Star Trek movie to date?

Which is the #1 (best) Star Trek movie?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. The #1 Star Trek Movie

• Star Trek The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek III The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek IV The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek V The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek: Generations
    • Star Trek: First Contact
    • Star Trek: Insurrection
    • Star Trek: Nemesis
    • Star Trek (2009)

Seriously, though, re 'Khan', I was at Trekcore yesterday, and they have put up these fantastic-looing screencaps, in HD version, of the film It looks terrific that way. I have never seen it so, actually my vid collection is woefully small, for ex, but to the point, it reminded me that yes, it was a major film-and worthy, to be sure!-of inclusion in my best of..I guess I have seen it so many times over the years, that, well...anyhow, it has to me among the best space battles in the films-not that this element is the be-all-end-all, or should be..but everyone remembers the Mutara Nebula sequences, and before. A fave shot for me was when 1701 is cruising far above Reliant in the huge gas cloud....and of course....ENTERPRISE coming up over the other vessel from behind...

The Mutara Nebula sequence is great. That exchange between Spock and Kirk about two demensional thinking is perfect as they drop down below the Reliant then reappear behind it. Plus the trick of getting Reliant to lower its shields. Plus one of Khans crew suggesting that they go off with the Genesis device and the Reliant and Khan replying "No, he tasks me! He tasks me and I shall have him! Great dialog and action from a great movie!

Yep, that was Joaqim, his second in command-played by the same actor who guested a few years later on TNG's ''Symbiosis''...I liked also the scene in which Kirk visits Spock in his quarters after realizing there's a problem afoot...and our beloved Vulcan friend utters those now famous words,'I always have been your friend', echoed in full, in the end-scenes with him....and of course, we get to see that legendary friendship begin anew in 'Star Trek'. My, all the great adventures, and moments those two have had, and will have...

Yep, that was Joaqim, his second in command-played by the same actor who guested a few years later on TNG's ''Symbiosis''...

He (Judson Scott) also played Cmdr. Rekar (The Romulan commander on the Prometheus) in the Voyager episode "Message in a Bottle".

When it was released I very much enjoyed TMP but setting it next to some of the others I personally wouldn't rank it #1. That's not to diminish it's importance to the franchise though.

Star Trek (2009), in spite of my issues with it.

1. The "missing planet". I still can't believe it.

2. The "Star Wars-ish" alien ("get down!") with Scotty.

3. Spock getting all "kissy-face" on screen. I don't want to see Spock kissing anyone!

I'm OK with Spock/Uhura, though.

Everyone who remembers me from my first years as a member here... I was a diehard TNG and especially Data fan, had been since I was 7 years old. Soooo probably would be a surprise for me to say I honestly voted Star Trek (2009). I LOVED the cast & the movie. I know it pretty much took canon and threw it out the window, but I think the series needed a bit of a shakeup.

Went back and watched my beloved TNG movies and series again.... and spent 99% of my time giving it the MST3K treatment. Been transitioning away from being a Data & Soong family fan since mid 2003 or 2004, and with the access that was available for a short time from Netflix I got to rewatch most of it. And yeah.... hands down I think Star Trek 2009 wins my vote!

Edited by Yillara Skye

I've always liked the original film. It was the first I saw in a theater and made the biggest impression. I also think it had the most gorgeous starship of all time, the refit USS Enterprise. I recently managed to acquire all the films from TMP through Nemesis (sorry but I will never buy Abrams Trek. If Trek XI was free I'd not take the DVD) for a buck a piece at a Blockbuster that was closing it's doors, and so I've been re-watching them. TMP still holds up well. The score, the old crew coming together again and re-establishing old friendships (sometimes awkwardly), Decker and Ilia, V'Ger! I love it.

I've always liked the original film. It was the first I saw in a theater and made the biggest impression. I also think it had the most gorgeous starship of all time, the refit USS Enterprise. I recently managed to acquire all the films from TMP through Nemesis (sorry but I will never buy Abrams Trek. If Trek XI was free I'd not take the DVD) for a buck a piece at a Blockbuster that was closing it's doors, and so I've been re-watching them. TMP still holds up well. The score, the old crew coming together again and re-establishing old friendships (sometimes awkwardly), Decker and Ilia, V'Ger! I love it.

Although its not my favorite movie, I agree on the emotions stirred when I saw TMP on the big screen for the first time. I loved it!

My top three are in this order:

1. First Contact

2. The Voyage Home

3. The Wrath of Kahn

LL&P