Sign in to follow this  
Angela

My town flooded yesterday

Hometownflooded.jpg

These are taken from under a railway bridge in my home town, it happens twice a year.

Hometownfloods.jpg

The question does get asked, no doubt, regarding folks all the time in the States, who live in flood plains..but then, not all of us are born and grow up somewhere like that...and it as to be fair as much their identity-of-place, as anyone else's....hope Angela fared all right...

Its just parts of the town that get flooded like that, to be honest it isn't near in that area to any residences, but other areas are, people don't like to give up their homes. other areas though aren't as bad as that particualr area, its makes life difficult but not impossible.

Wow, sorry to hear about the flood. Did you sustain any damage to your property?

As for why people stay places where things like this happen, I suppose it's the same reason people star in hurricane zones or tornado zones. You live where you like it (if you're lucky) and if you find a place that you love then you learn to cope with the conditions.

The pics are interesting to see though, I'm always interested to see pics of where everyone lives. Please feel free to post more if you feel like it, even if they aren't 'disaster' type pics lol. Just every day pics are interesting to me, I may never visit England, Phoenix, San Diego, Los Angeles or any of the other places that members are from but seeing every day pics helps me imagine how it is there.

Thanks for sharing them.

To be honest the parts of my town are just the low lying parts, not all parts do flood. Parts near rivers are bad, where that photo was taken floods really quick.To my knowldge no major damage was reported due to being away from residentail areas, at the moment we have b een lucky cause the parts that flood, tends to be away from residential areas, although minor damage, i.e. ground floor house damage, carpets, and things like that does get reported housing has been built with flooding in mind and additional preventative methods are helping. It just becomes a pain in the rear getting from A to B when you have to go thrugh x,y and z also.

Edited by Angela

If you get a chance sometime, try to take a few pics of the same exact area when it's not flooded so we can see the difference... at least I'd be interested in seeing them anyway.