Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Star Trek (2009) memorabilia

What Star Trek (2009) memorabilia have you gotten so far? Like shirts, toys or whatever.

I don't normally buy stuff like that but I did get 4 full sets of the glasses that BK has plus I bought a few of their little kids meal toys.

Anyone else get anything?

I don't think it is right to call it "memorbilia" while it is still in theatres.

If you go buy football cards at a card store or baseball cards, that's memorabilia even though the teams are still playing. If you go to the pro shop at the stadium to buy hats or shirts or helmets... it's memorabilia even though you're there at the game while it's being played.

Of course the word used isn't the point of the topic though, the point is to have a discussion about what "merchandise" everyone may or may not have. What you call it doesn't matter to me.

- Playmates U.S.S. Enterprise

- Playmates Action Figures: Kirk, Spock, Scotty, Sulu, Nero, Spock Prime, (still looking for Pike)

- Playmates Phaser

- Burger King Star Trek glasses (complete set)

- Star Trek collectible movie popcorn bucket

- Star Trek collectible movie cup

- Star Trek Magazine movie souvenir edition

- Star Trek Countdown graphic novel

I think that's it...for now.

I do have the magazine, as well. Star Trek Magazine has been covering quite extensively the film for months, in a number of back-issues, which I have, as a subscriber.

I don't think it is right to call it "memorbilia" while it is still in theatres.

If you go buy football cards at a card store or baseball cards, that's memorabilia even though the teams are still playing. If you go to the pro shop at the stadium to buy hats or shirts or helmets... it's memorabilia even though you're there at the game while it's being played.

Of course the word used isn't the point of the topic though, the point is to have a discussion about what "merchandise" everyone may or may not have. What you call it doesn't matter to me.

Star Trek Merchandising

Playmates U.S.S. Enterprise

Playmates Action Figures: Kirk, Spock, Original Spock, Cadet McCoy, Pike, Cadet Uhura, Sulu, Cadet Chekov, Nero, Scotty

Playmates 12" Action figures: Kirk, Spock, McCoy

Playmates Enterprise Bridge

Burger King Star Trek glasses (complete set)

Burger King Star Trek Toys: Kirk, Scotty, McCoy, Uhura, Spock, Sulu (Don't Have Original Spock or Chekov)

Burger King French Fries cup with a pic of Uhura

Star Trek Magazine movie souvenir edition

Star Trek Countdown graphic novel

Star Trek XI Poster

Two Star Trek XI T-Shirts (one can already be seen here)

i think that's it

i'll take a pic of all of my stuff and post it here today or tomorrow if I can borrow my friend's camera lol. I'll have it posted maybe later today

I got the soundtrack and the Countdown comic.

I was also flipping through posters at Walmart one day and found a poster, so I got that. But I'm having a heck of a time trying to find a frame that fits it! (22x34) Is it too much to ask Walmart to sell poster frames that actually fit its own posters? Sheesh.

I've been dying to get one of their glasses. I have yet to get any of the BK ones. But I got a "Beam up Badge" From a cereal box. O.O

you can still buy the glasses at Amazon.com. I don't think they still have them at BK, but they may. If they don't, just type "burger king star trek" on the search to find them

I still haven't decided if I want to open a set of my glasses yet. I've keept them exactly as they were when I bought them so far. In fact they're all still in the BK bags that they came in lol.

Lack of money kept me from getting things I wanted.

I started off wanting the ship, a bridge set with all the characters, the transporter set, a phaser and tricorder.

I ended up settling for two sets of BK glasses, (one to use, one to save) and two free cereal 'beam up badge' premiums. :laugh: Oh, and seeing the movie 4 times and the novelization. :elephant:

they say that the bridge set is the worst thing to buy because the mat that is the bridge floor doesn't want to stay down. It comes rolled up, which causes it to not lay flat. I bought it with the intention of opening it, but decided to keep it in the box after reading the frustration others had with it. Doesn't look bad in the box, which is good.

My BK glasses are still in their box as well. I haven't opened them. I sometimes wonder if they are actually in there or if I just have four empty cardboard boxes lol

That's a relief. I would have kept it unopened but if I had opened it, (solely for display of course :laugh:) I would have adhered the mat to a board.

I got an extra set of the glasses specifically to open one set but haven't quite talked myself into doing it yet lol. I have opened the boxes, I did that when I bought each one to make sure they weren't cracked and to make sure the right glass was in the box. But I didn't take the glass out of it's little plastic bag.

I saw something in a commerical for them that looked like the glass changes color when there's a cold drink in it, is that the case? I'd be somewhat surprised if they do and I'd probably open at least one of the glasses as well. For right now though, I don't plan on opening any of my 3 sets.

I wasn't aware of any color changing ability's, I haven't noticed any either.

It may have just been the way the commercial looked. The way I was thinking of it was similar as the way they have the Coors beer cans in those commercials where the mountains turn blue when they're cold or something like that. I may have just merged the 2 commercials in my mind lol.