Sign in to follow this  

Is anyone looking forward to Ronald D. Moore's new show? This looks a whole lot more interesting than Caprica in my opinion.

Virtuality.jpg

The crew of the Phaeton is approaching the go/no-go point of their epic 10-year journey through outer space. With the fate of Earth in their hands, the pressure is intense. The best bet for helping the crew members maintain their sanity is the cutting-edge virtual reality technology installed on the ship. It's the perfect stress-reliever until they realize a glitch in the system has unleashed a virus on to the ship. Tensions mount as the crew decides how to contain the virus and complete their mission. Meanwhile, their lives are being taped for a reality show back on Earth.

Phaeton.jpg

The Phaeton, which looks somewhat like the Firefly-class transport Serenity...

The two hour pilot is supposed to premiere June 26, 2009 at 8PM on FOX. Here's the Facebook Event for those interested. So far, it seems to be a hit on io9:

It's a bleak and disturbing look at the effects of a long space trip on humans, as dark in its own way as Battlestar Galactica. It sort of reminded me of the underrated film Sunshine, in the focus on psychological drama in cramped quarters, plus the dangerous repair sequence and the fact that the ship has a hydroponic garden. But the "reality TV" aspect adds a whole extra sardonic layer to the cake.
Source: io9

Virtuality's reality show-within-the-show Edge of Never now has its trailer uploaded!

may or not be good, I don't like reality TV that much. Would I like a fake reality TV show? Dunno.

It's a bad sign since it's on FOX, they love to cancel their TV series

may or not be good, I don't like reality TV that much. Would I like a fake reality TV show? Dunno.
I hate reality TV too... However, it this could be very good in my opinion.

It's a bad sign since it's on FOX, they love to cancel their TV series
Yeah, I know.... I mean, it's not even picked up for a series.. At least they're airing it this Friday though instead of on the 4th of July and Ronald D. Moore, Michael Taylor and Gary Hutzel are (a little) more optimistic about its being picked up.