Anything with Uhura or that Orion chick.

Actually, it was Kirk's

Click for Spoiler:

Kobyashi Maru
. The way he just walked in like he had it in the bag and was eating an apple during the simulation itself. I don't care what you are doing or how serious a task it is, you just can't take anyone seriously while he is eating an apple. Edited by Lt. Van Roy

I was just watching ST 2, (see Kevin, the old ones haven't vanished :P ) and got a hugh kick out of the opening sequence, (and every mention of it.) More than ever because of that scene in the new film. :D

I loved those scenes too. (Including the ones with Uhura and her Orion roommate, though not for the same reasons as Van Roy. :D ) One of the other ones that stands out in my mind is Chekov racing to the transporter room. "I can do this! I can do this!" It was great characterization. And Sulu taking out his collapsible fencing sword rocked.

I also liked a tiny snippet - wasn't the shuttle that took McCoy and Kirk up to the Enterprise named "Gillian"? Nice nod to my favorite ST movie there. :P

My favorite scene was the revelation that .......SCOTTY KILLED PORTHOS!.....lol

Click for Spoiler:

I especially liked the image of the drill beam shooting down into San Francisco Bay. I think I might have been the only one in the theater who cracked up laughing. To me, it brought to mind the very similar image of the whale probe evaporating the water in The Voyage Home. That was either a very clever homage or a very happy coincidence.

You know what the next movie is, right?

Star Trek XII: The Wrath of Porthos

That would be pretty darned awesome. :P

I thought the scene of Kirk's swollen hands were pretty funny :P

That was pretty funny - especially since McCoy had the medical knowledge to induce less embarrassing symptoms.

But I still think the best scene was with the apple during the Kobiashi Maru test.

(see Kevin, the old ones haven't vanished :D )

Just because I didn't like every single aspect of the movie and had issues with some canon issues doesn't mean I thought that the old ones would "vanish" and just because there are people that don't like having canon toyed with doesn't mean that they're (we're) somehow 'lesser' fans simply because we didn't just drop our jaws in awe.

I also liked a tiny snippet - wasn't the shuttle that took McCoy and Kirk up to the Enterprise named "Gillian"? Nice nod to my favorite ST movie there. :P

I REALLY hope it wasn't named Gillian, at least not for Dr. Gillian Taylor anyway. I'm going to have to go watch it in a second and fast forward to that part and see.

Of course you realize that it couldn't be Porthos that was "lost". By the time Scotty is in Starfleet Porthos would have to be what, 90+ years old? lol

Click for Spoiler:
Spock and Uhura kissing

That's pretty much a given, and it's about darn time they did after 40-some years.

But the one I can't stop laughing is when

Click for Spoiler:
Kirk offers assistance to a defeated Nero. Spock goes all "WTF?" and Kirk says compassion is logical, and that he thought Spock would agree. To which Spock replies, "Uh...not really."

Click for Spoiler:

Spock and Uhura kissing

That's pretty much a given, and it's about darn time they did after 40-some years.

Ah yes, that's something I really expected the place to be literally exploding over by now. Please make a devoted topic about it in the Movies forum, it should be loads of fun. :superhappy:

But the one I can't stop laughing is when

Click for Spoiler:

Kirk offers assistance to a defeated Nero. Spock goes all "WTF?" and Kirk says compassion is logical, and that he thought Spock would agree. To which Spock replies, "Uh...not really."

That was a line I missed because of bad spot on the soundtrack but would also make a fine stand alone topic. (I also missed what Kirk said and Spock's response to him after the transporter pad "incident" because of bad sound.)

You know what? Screw the spoilers. Everyone has seen it already anyway.

Click for Spoiler:

This was a much younger version of Spock. Even full Vulcans are still dealing with their emotions at that age, Tuvok included, and Spock was half human. Emotional discipline was something that strengthened with age. There isn't very much information (canon or otherwise) on Kolinar but I think there is a reason that no young Vulcans are seen going through the ritual.

Logical or not, it is understandable that a half Vulcan at Spock's age would hate the destroyer of his planet. Even the image of Surak that was taken from Spock's mind when that rock thing had them and Kirk and Lincoln fight those other bad guys said that Surak's inspiring of emotion from Spock was understandable as the cause was sufficient. Now compare that to the destruction of your home planet and the near destruction of your race. You bet Spock was pissed off!

You cannot do that Roy, you must use spoilers. (added)

I revisited this issue just the other day with the Staff, to check on the possibility of lifting the need to use them and only having a "Spoilers!" warning in the titles instead and the conclusion was; we must use them.

Edited by Alterego
to add spoliers and information

Please note changes and message added to your post.

You know what? Screw the spoilers. Everyone has seen it already anyway.

Click for Spoiler:

This was a much younger version of Spock. Even full Vulcans are still dealing with their emotions at that age, Tuvok included, and Spock was half human. Emotional discipline was something that strengthened with age. There isn't very much information (canon or otherwise) on Kolinar but I think there is a reason that no young Vulcans are seen going through the ritual.

Logical or not, it is understandable that a half Vulcan at Spock's age would hate the destroyer of his planet. Even the image of Surak that was taken from Spock's mind when that rock thing had them and Kirk and Lincoln fight those other bad guys said that Surak's inspiring of emotion from Spock was understandable as the cause was sufficient. Now compare that to the destruction of your home planet and the near destruction of your race. You bet Spock was pissed off!

You cannot do that Roy, you must use spoilers. (added)

I revisited this issue just the other day with the Staff, to check on the possibility of lifting the need to use them and only having a "Spoilers!" warning in the titles instead and the conclusion was; we must use them.

So sorry, we gotta use them.

Uh, favorite scene?? Most of them actually. I was surprised on how much I liked the movie...since I am a TNG fan first and foremost. But I always did like the characters of Spock & McCoy, so there was definitely a reason...

Click for Spoiler:

One of the many scenes that stood out was young Kirk and the car. First words out of my mouth was, "Ohh why do I picture my daughter doing something like this when she's older??". All the McCoy scenes were a favorite. ESPECIALLY the segments with trying to get Kirk onto the ship. "Stop It", allergic reactions, et al.

Cried my face off at the beginning.. so did my sister. Very hard to watch, but in Starfleet, like the military that is entirely a possibility of happening (true with today's militaries the civilians arent travelling in ships with the servicemen & women). The death of Kirk's father/the birth of Kirk was a well shot scene, but from an emotional standpoint very hard to watch.

I totally agree about the Kobayashi Maru, and Kirk just eating the apple and being so sure of himself throughout it. Very funny.

Wow, there's a lot to write about but, not a lot of time since I have to head back home soon (borrowing my mom's computer until mine is fixed & internet is installed). But I think for now those are a big start point.

Edited by Yillara Skye

:roflmao: mommys are one of my favorite SCENES

What? I missed something.

Yep the very beginning of the movie. lol

Of course you realize that it couldn't be Porthos that was "lost". By the time Scotty is in Starfleet Porthos would have to be what, 90+ years old? lol

Which is why I think that it wasn't really Porthos. To be realistic, you could say that Archer was a Beagle lover and every Beagle was his prized pet (but it was a nod to Porthos) :roflmao:

Click for Spoiler:
My favorite scene was with the USS Kelvin crewman being sucked out of the breech and hitting the Phaser Bank shielding.

The best line was "You can go with them Kirk, you aren't even supposed to be here."

:roflmao: mommys are one of my favorite SCENES

What? I missed something.

Yep the very beginning of the movie. lol

Oh okay, haha. No I've seen it 3 times in theaters, I just didn't actually know what Bethlehem was saying. :jaw:

Edited by Eratosthenes