Okay, after reading some negative comments about the movie I felt the need to throw my comments out there..

No spoilers from me..Go see the movie !!!!

Hey, this movie ROCKS!!! I'm going to see it again tomorrow..As for the changes and conflicts with past Trek Canon, no big deal..that's right no big deal..Stop being so picky..This is entertainment, so be entertained already..This movie is the best thing to ever happen to Star Trek..Looks like we actually have a Star Trek movie that is a huge hit..They did a great job with this..And as someone else has said, I hope they keep going in the direction they are going and don't 'fix things'..

All the actors were great in the roles but I must admit that Karl Urban's McCoy was my fav..He was fantastic..

Here's looking forward to tomorrow's re-watchiing of this great movie and to looking forward to Star Trek XII.. :P

I totally agree. I've seen it twice so far, and I'll probably see it at least once more in theaters. It's brilliantly handled in every way, and I would have been so disappointed if they'd reversed the effects to the timeline. Taking Trek in a new direction like this was a fantastic idea, and is making Trek both accessible and appealing to many, many people who might never have looked at it otherwise. I think it'll wind up invigorating the entire fandom. :P

As for the changes and conflicts with past Trek Canon, no big deal..that's right no big deal..Stop being so picky..This is entertainment, so be entertained already..This movie is the best thing to ever happen to Star Trek

I couldn't agree with you more. :P

The goal of the film was to bring in new (and former) Trek fans, not cater to the die-hards who would see anything with Star Trek in the title anyway.

Remember, people who are active contributors to startrekfans.net do not hold the same Trek views as mainstream society. Deal with it!

huh? Deal with it? Deal with what? I'm very happy with the direction Star Trek is taking..Already seen the movie twice and plan on seeing it at least one more time in the movie theatre..

huh? Deal with it? Deal with what? I'm very happy with the direction Star Trek is taking..Already seen the movie twice and plan on seeing it at least one more time in the movie theatre..

That is exactly my point! How many mainstream movie goers would ever see a Trek movie twice in the same week? You have to understand that a fan website has an inherent selection bias. We do not represent the views of the mainstream audience or even the target market.

Edited by Lt. Van Roy