Sign in to follow this  
jorel

4th Season of TOS

Greetings fellow fans. I am new to StarTrekFans.net and wanted to introduce you to a little project I have the luxury of being involved with.

We've recreated the bridge, transporter room, brig, captain's quarters, uniforms, props, ect. of the ORIGINAL series and are in the post production phase of our first episode.

Please take a look at www.5YearMission.com and let us know what you think! Be sure to read the first page and then explore the full site. The FAQ will answer most questions, the Multimedia section even has a trailer to really give you an idea of what we're doing. Lots of pictures both on the set, behind the scenes, ect. (The site is constantly going through updates and changes so you may see the occasional missing photo here and there...)

Here is a pic from my personal collection to whet your appetite!

chair.jpg

PS - Little side note, I also got to be an extra on ST:DS9 in 1996. Will be posting more info on that incredible experience over in the DS9 forum after the weekend.

While this is an excellent idea (doing Seasons 4&5 as a recreation) and blending it with TOS & the 1st movie...  Isn't this a bit illegal since you don't have the rights to the franchise?

The topic of legality has been, and is, a constant topic of major discusion.

We are a group of fans who simply are having the time of our lives living out what many other's would love to do and sharing our results with everyone. The episodes will be free for anyone do download and enojoy.

You'll note from the first page of www.5YearMission.com that we have decided to try and raise some money for a very worthy cause (The Space Shuttle Children’s Trust Fund). People are are given the opportunity to donate to this charity, but do not have to to get the episodes.

There is another fan made video that was released last year that has garnered a ton of media attention and even will be a feature article in the next Star Trek Communicator magazine... And as of yet, it seems they have not been given notice to stop from :P Paramount. :o

What a fantastic idea..I applaude this dream project of yours..You guys are living out what every Trek fan dreams of..I'll be checking back from time to time..Looks like the first episode is scheduled for this December if I'm right..Good Luck with this project...

I'd be interested in your DS9 story..What episode were you in and how you happened to get involved with it..

That is by far one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I watched the trailer, and it

was like re-living my childhood (of course, when I was a child, it was in those in-between years after TOS and before TNG, and all we had to live off of was the

TOS re-runs.) I hope you have a tremendous amount of success in this project. Good luck!

What do I think????

I think I'm going to flip out being un-able to contain my enthusiasms!!!!! No emoticon here can come close to expressing the feelings washing like 30-foot waves over me.

I've sent the link to everyone I know and them not connected to the net will be getting a phone call from me very soon.

I only wish I could be involved somehow other than to say Excellent work to all of you participating in this Dream come true. I can't wait to see your finished product!!!

:P

Where's Mr. Sulu? :)

Being that this is a fan made project and nobody is getting paid to participate "real life" can jump in and attempt to create havok on this project.

The original script included Mr. Sulu and had a really cool fight scene between Sulu and his Mirror Universe self. We had twins ready to play the roles (which would have made post production much easier - no split screen work) BUT... "real life" stepped in. They were offered paying jobs just before we started filming. :)

Thanks to the quick thinking of our director and production staff, a quick rewrite of the script found Mr. Desalle with most of Sulu's lines and the fight scene was replaced.

Jorel;

Very cool idea you have going here, I can appreciate anyone who takes their dreams the distance, I will continue to look over your site. First things first..welcome to Stf.nt..I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay and second..can I assume you are a fan of the Superman legacy as well?

Guest Guest

I also just found this board, thanks to Jorel, I am the guy who built all the sets and costumes for this project. Hope you all enjoy what you see, and Sulu will be with us in future episodes!

I also just found this board, thanks to Jorel, I am the guy who built all the sets and costumes for this project.  Hope you all enjoy what you see, and Sulu will be with us in future episodes!

:) Glad you found the group! And I noticed you also registered. These fans have been terrific and I look forward to a long lasting relationship with them.

That trailer was awesome,my friend and i wish you and your friends all the best.Unfortunately,there is no way Paramount is going to allow you to do this project... :)

Great stuff.Loved the teaser trailer...and Chapel,man,she's cute :)

Too bad,CJLP is right about that lawsuit.Paramount can be downright vicious when it comes to things like this.Hope you know what your getting yourself into with this.

Contrary to what other people are saying, I don't think Paramount will really have that big of a problem if it is a non-profit thing for fun. Yeesh, lighten up everyone. I wish you luck with this project, and I hope it is as fulfilling as it sounds to be. Can't wait to see some episodes.

ps. those special effects look great.

Edited by bysty

Well... Even if you do get the snot sued out of you, I hope you manage to squeeze out at least an episode or two for us to watch.

Good luck!

Wow.Incredible.I loved the trailer.Its amazing what a group of people can accomplish when they put their minds to it.I wish you and your castmates all the best on this project,Jorel.I'll look forward to what's to come.q'apla! :klingon:

Thank you all so much for your comments. Unfortunatley I am no going to be able to join a few of our crew when they head for LA next week. They will be getting some pickup shots for the first episode and filming shots for the second.

So, yes, at this point we're gonna "squeeze out" a few episodes at least!

Incredible job so far, I've been a great admirer of fan films and this one looks like great concept. There aren't enough Trek fan films out their and I'm glad some people are putting their time and money to produce one. (The other few I can mention is Starship Exeter, Hidden Frontier and Sam Tollesans Star Wreck...which was more of a parody.)

Speaking of which, have you gotten in contact with The Starship Exeter people? You guys probably could pool your resources and create a wide variety of episodes? Also it's nice to see you guys using actual sets. The entire acting in front of a green screen gets kind of old (ala Hidden Frontier...but I still admire their exterior ship shots and their hard work.) Good luck to you guys in gettin and episode up, even though paramount could legally sue you I don't think they will. Lucas didn't sue the guys who made Troops, and Marvel didn't sue Dan Poole for "Spider Man: The Green Goblins Last Stand." And I know that the latter was sold for some money (I bought one.) So good luck and good journey.

....also one small criticism, Kirk's hair looks like Elvis. I don't know if that's the look you're going for, but I can't help but think "Bubba Trek."

(If that last joke made no sense to some go to http://www.bubbahotep.com and find out what I'm talking about.)

....also one small criticism, Kirk's hair looks like Elvis.  I don't know if that's the look you're going for, but I can't help but think "Bubba Trek."

(If that last joke made no sense to some go to http://www.bubbahotep.com and find out what I'm talking about.)

Great eye! Being that our "Kirk" is a professional Elvis impersonator and was working for Six Flags when we started filming it would have been next to impossible to eliminate the Elvis twist on the hair style.

That's James Cawley playing Kirk and all the sets, uniforms, costumes, props,... are of his creation. We can all thank James and his talent as Elvis for providing the $'s to buy, built and create the sets, costumes, props, uniforms, ...

... Speaking of which, have you gotten in contact with The Starship Exeter people?  You guys probably could pool your resources and create a wide variety of episodes?  Also it's nice to see you guys using actual sets.  The entire acting in front of a green screen gets kind of old (ala Hidden Frontier...but I still admire their exterior ship shots and their hard work.)  Good luck to you guys ...

Earlier this year the Exeter crew was invited to tour the set and even filmed some footage while here. On their home page there is a picture on the right from that visit and on the "Screen Test" page of their Exeter Studios site are more from that visit. (My two roomies are in one of these.) Unfortunatley, the visit did not end up in a partnership. (Sorry, no further details...)

I personally enjoy all the fan films I've encountered. The Exeter people spent several years making thier film and they deserve kudos for thier work! :klingon: I look forward to seeing their future works.

I TOTALLY enjoy the Hidden Frontier episodes! Talk about creativity! Good stories, good actors, awesome FX and getting the green screens to work so well.... AND finding a crew that has works so well together for so long :laugh: ... (Lucky devils! :devil:) Can't thank those guys & gals enough for adding to my Trek enjoyment!!!

I am one very lucky guy who just happens to be involved with one of the many fan creations out there. I can't wait to see what else others come up with in the future!

I agree with my great friend Jorel, Hidden Frontier is a great fan series, and they really work their asses off, and deliver it to the screen in fine form! The Exeter boys will never be allowed back on my sets! they had no permission to post photos of them on their website.