Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

[S] "Exile" airdate 10/15

Episode No: 058

Original Air Date: 10.15.2003

Upcoming Air Date: 10.15.2003

240x320.jpg

A powerful telepath makes contact with Hoshi and offers to help Enterprise find the Xindi ... for a price.

240x320.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

From light-years away, a powerful telepathic alien, Tarquin, mentally contacts Hoshi and convinces Archer to let the ensign briefly visit his isolated planet in exchange for crucial information on the Xindi.

240x320.jpg

From Star Trek .Com

I have just noticed in every ep. of the third season there is a seen when a female is wearing less garments than she normaly does showing more flesh as in skin than normal and most times is does not go with the plot it is just there to get people to watch for the skin.

I have just noticed in every ep. of the third season there is a seen when a female is wearing less garments than she normaly does showing more flesh as in skin than normal and most times is does not go with the plot it is just there to get people to watch for the skin.

We do see "more" of Hoshi in this episode then we normally would.

There isn't really a "flesh" shot but she does wear a mini-skirt of sorts, so we see her in a more relaxed state of dress. It's refreshing to see the crew in clothes other then their uniforms.

Click for Spoiler:

hoshi.JPG

hoshi2.JPG

This was a really good episode, I completely enjoyed it. I won't give any spoilers here other then this one, which is more of an observation of a humorous moment then a "spoiler":

Click for Spoiler:

When Captain Archer is in his Quarters and bouncing the water polo ball against the walls and throws it one last time and the ball sticks in the wall, half in and half out I about died laughing. That was so funny!

:bow: Is there any chance that there will be people in the chat room discussing Enterprise for longer tonight? I get on and I'm talking to myself..am I missing something? when do people chat?

I believe people that chat during ENT do so between the hours of 4:OOpm and 9:OOpm PST but I could be wrong, I'm never able to go because I don't want to hear such major spoilers before the show and during the show I'm logged off for the evening.

I rather liked this episode. The telepath exile was such a lonely soul. I felt sorry for him in spite of what he did. :bow: I can appreciate what Phyllis and Roxanne were going for in their writing and direction. Hmmmmm, obviously someone created the Expanse with the spheres so they could hide. Who? The Rommies?

I really enjoyed this episode - first one I've been able to see in full in a couple of weeks. Question - I've been on the road all day, and maybe I'm a little confused...did they mean that the season premiere is going to reair next week?

Also - a question about tonight's episode -

Click for Spoiler:

His "den" or whatever you want to call it, reminded me in a way of the main room in "Squire of Gothos." Maybe it was the fireplace. Anyway - his attitude of getting what he wanted reminded me of the dear Squire, as well. As did his powerful abilities, and his sabotage of the Enterprise. Anyone else see it this way??

Click for Spoiler:

His "den" or whatever you want to call it, reminded me in a way of the main room in "Squire of Gothos."  Maybe it was the fireplace.  Anyway - his attitude of getting what he wanted reminded me of the dear Squire, as well.  As did his powerful abilities, and his sabotage of the Enterprise.  Anyone else see it this way??

It's funny you say this I said the same thing in a post on STARTREK.COM about 20 minutes ago lol

Click for Spoiler:

His "den" or whatever you want to call it, reminded me in a way of the main room in "Squire of Gothos."  Maybe it was the fireplace.  Anyway - his attitude of getting what he wanted reminded me of the dear Squire, as well.  As did his powerful abilities, and his sabotage of the Enterprise.  Anyone else see it this way??

It's funny you say this I said the same thing in a post on STARTREK.COM about 20 minutes ago lol

Brilliant minds, VBG. :bow::bow:

Well...this episode was interesting..

Click for Spoiler:

Is it just me, or is Hoshi in front of the mirror a little too much. Well...anyways.... this episode had that Beauty and the Beast vibe going on with it. Castle in the middle of the deserted wood effect. Plus all that wandering around and discovering things that you shouldn't. Funniest part was when Trip let the shuttle pod take off by itself. That look on Archer's face was classic! So..there are over 50 spheres? Thats interesting. I can't wait for North Star. That looks like a fun episode.

Overall..the episode was ok. 6.5/10. Guess we'll see the season premeire next week!

:bow: Why so few posts about the new episode tonight? :bow:

People watching the baseball play-offs maybe. I'll post something tomorrow. For now I'll state that I enjoyed it.

:bow: Why so few posts about the new episode tonight? :bow:

People watching the baseball play-offs maybe. I'll post something tomorrow. For now I'll state that I enjoyed it.

I was wondering that myself.....

Im lovin season three so far..Fav part of this ep was the shuttle part one of the spheres.

( Little bit of double Phlox action as Billingsley or someone very Billingsley-like played a scientist on Angel)

Stardate:213789.9

Click for Spoiler:

That was a good episode.There are 50 spheres??Thats sucks!!!Yeh i agree Hoshi looked good in the night gown.Loved the scene with the shuttlepod.Trip"I guess i should spend more time in the armory"LOL

Overall i give it a 7/10

well i just finished the whole episode, it was excellent. hoshi is coming along well losing some of that whiny im just a girl you gotta help me attitude. the scene with the shuttle pod was good, and the whole i need to spend more time in the armory that was classic.

I missed the first quarter because I was watching Boston vs New York, then turned on Soccer, then remembered Enterprise was on. It looked great did alot to develop Hoshi, now if we could only work on Travis.

7/10 B)

Good episode.It kind of reminded me of Christopher Pike and the Talosians,in that even now...can Hoshi be entirely certain that she was successfully removed from Tarquin's planet,or is everything from here on out an elaborate deception conjured up by a lonely man,all for want of companionship?

In a story I once read,Captain Pike wondered whether or not he had really ever escaped Talos IV.No matter what,he figured he would never be 100-percent certain.Hoshi's the same,now.

Good episode.It kind of reminded me of Christopher Pike and the Talosians,in that even now...can Hoshi be entirely certain that she was successfully removed from Tarquin's planet,or is everything from here on out an elaborate deception conjured up by a lonely man,all for want of companionship?

In a story I once read,Captain Pike wondered whether or not he had really ever escaped Talos IV.No matter what,he figured he would never be 100-percent certain.Hoshi's the same,now.

Good comparison to Talos IV, I doubt we'll see a return to this story line but it does leave the possibility open.

I thought that this ep. was very good I really could not tell between the A and B plots sometimes and even though I liked the dress I just can't see her wearing such a thing. Just for the practical reasons like it seemed cold their and that she was their as a representive of starfleet so you would think she would have her uniform on.

7 out of 10

Another question -

Click for Spoiler:

When he pretended to be Archer, he told Hoshi that Travis would understand if she didn't say goodbye - then corrected to Travis and all her friends. Has there been something going on between them, or is that a new development? She said she had just been thinking about Travis - is that portentious, or am I reading too much into this?

Click for Spoiler:

Here's an obscure Voyager referrence. At one point when they were trying to find the second sphere, Reed says that it might as well be 75 000 light years away. That's how far away Voyager got stranded from Earth.

Interestingly enough, the actress who played Tores directed this episode.

Wonderful episode.I enjoyed it.

SubCommander Beavis has a good point.While,IMO,Hoshi was "rescued" from the planet,who can really say that with one-hundred percent certainty?Seeing those graves,that really brought the point across that Tarquin was living in hell.I'm just surprised he let Hoshi go that easily.I might've preferred death to enduring on that cold,lonely rock of a planet.