Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Smiley

The REAL World Series begins tonight

Tonight the Real World Series begins as the Boston Redsox meet the New York Yankees in game one of the ALCS.Regardless of who wins the NLCS and the eventual match-up in the October Classic,the REAL World Series happens this week.To true baseball fans no other match-up in postseason play can have as much appeal as does this great rivalry.

"The only thing that would come close to this rivalry,for me,is when I grew up in New York in the 1950's and seeing that incredible Dodgers-Giants rivalry,"Yankees manager Joe Torre said."I mean,it was warlike."

"Anytime you play Boston,"Yankees shortstop and team captain Derek Jeter said,"it feels different."

The incredible devotion of each teams fans--and their utter hatred of one another--transcends the showdown that starts with todays ALCS series opener at Yankee Stadium....Yankees-Redsox is the greatest rivalry in professional sports history.

Therabidirishman's prediction?Sox win series in seven games!

Edited by Captain_Smiley

I'll admit the Yankees and Redsox ALCS is going to be a great series,but it can never overshadow the World Series.The Florida Marlins are going to take the whole shebang,NLCS and World Series.

Next year,the Houston Astros win the whole thing!!!!

Edited by Captain_Redneck

Game one was great.Bosox win in Yankee Stadium.I think this series is headed for seven games,though.Eventually,the Yankees will take it and the WS,no matter which NL team advances that far.

Well,I'm still hoping to see a Redsox-Cubs World Series.I'll be watching the Yankees and Sox though...wouldn't miss it.

Stardate:213773.1

I want to see a Cubs Bosox series as well.But the ALCS will be just as good!!!!!

Those lousy $#@! no-good $#@! scumbag New York $#@!*^#@! Yankees evened up the series tonight..... :P

Just wait until we get those pinstriped mother$#@!'s in Fenway..... :o

This series ain't going back to New York....

The Bosox will win the series 4-1.

Stardate:213775.9

LOL :P I take it you dont like the Yankees??? :o

You sound like my friend David(who is a huge yankee fan)after the red sox won the first game LOL.I'm gonna disagree though i see the yankees taking it to 7 games with the Bosox winning game 7.Tommorow should be an awsome game:Pedro Martienez vs Roger Clemens in what will be Clemens last Start at Fenway!!!What a pitchers duel that will be!!!!

Stardate:213775.9

LOL :P I take it you dont like the Yankees??? :o

You sound like my friend David(who is a huge yankee fan)after the red sox won the first game LOL.I'm gonna disagree though i see the yankees taking it to 7 games with the Bosox winning game 7.Tommorow should be an awsome game:Pedro Martienez vs Roger Clemens in what will be Clemens last Start at Fenway!!!What a pitchers duel that will be!!!!

We'll see. :o

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

:P

What's going on?The Sox should've won that game!Now the series has to go back to New York..... :o

Damn.

You see?This is why I have no illusions as to who is going to win the ALCS.The Bosox just cannot win the games that count.Its the CURSE of the Babe in full effect....(creepy twilight zone music) :o

Stardate:213778.9

Woa the game today sure was heated wasnt it?

Who the hell does Zimmerman think he is!!!Coming out and swinging at Pedro like that!!I think he deserved to get thrown to the ground,serves the old fart right!

They said Pedro was throwing at Karim Garcia.BS!!!!!!!!There was runners at 2nd and 3rd with no outs and they were down by one.The last thing pedro wanted to do was load the bases!Karim Garcia way overreacted.Then Mammy Ramieriz overreacted when Clemens threw the ball high.The ball didnt even get near him!!!!!!!!!!It was high and nothing more!!Then we had that groundskeaper guy attack Garcia and get ejected/arrested.Out of all of that nobody was ejected from the game(im referring to players)

They said Zimmerman got upset cause in 1953 when he was in AAA he was hit in the head and was knocked unconsiuess for a week and nearly died.Thats why he got upset cause he is sentive.Boo hoo old man!!That was 50 years ago!!Get over it!!If your sensitive about it dont go to the games duh!!!!!!

If i was the head umpire here is who would of been ejected and why.

I think there was 5 main players involved.Pedro,Clemens,Garcia,Mammy,and Zimmerman(i know he isnt a player but hes part of the yanks).I would of ejected Garcia,Zimmerman,and Mammy.

I would of ejected Karim Garcia for starting it all and overeacing.Mammy would of been next for overreacting to a ptich that wasnt even close to him.Zimmerman i would of ejected for charging at Pedro and swinging at him and just being an idiot!!!

Pedro would of stayed cause i know he didnt intentionallty throw at Garcia.Also i would of saw that he was merly defending himself when he threw Zimmerman on the ground.Although i would of warned him about pointing to Posada.

Clemens would of stayed because the ball he threw wasnt even close.I wouldnt of even glanced at him.

Loved the Boston-NY game tonight!That's what this series is all about.Pure,unadulterated hatred :P

It can only get nastier from here on out (I hope so anyway!)....

I don't really care who wins from here on out.I am a Rangers fan,and Texas ain't in the post-season :o Maybe next year.

Rained out today.No NY-Bosox tonight...Booo!!!Hiss!!!(alright,enough catcalls from the Peanut gallery).

In The NLCS the Marlins came back to force another game,keeping the Cubbies from returning to the World Series....hell,they've waited 58-years.They can stand another 48-hours.I think Chicago will take the next game,and win the NL pennant.

Right about now,I'll bet the Giants are sorry they let Baker go. :)

Edited by subcommanderbeavis

Stardate:213784.9

Did you guys see that interview with Zimmer today!!!!!!!HE WAS CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!WTF!!!!!!!!

There's no crying in baseball!!!!!!!!!!!Doesnt he know that!!!!!!!You blubbering old man"Ohh boo hoo i fell ashmaed for the yankees,the red sox,and the fans :) Boo hoo im sorry :) "

You make me sick Don Zimmer.You pathetic old man.You thought you could take down Pedro,he showed you other wise,so now you cry about it!!!SHUT THE **** UP AND SIT DOWN!!!!!!!!

As you can see i am very fired up over this.

Stardate:213784.9

Did you guys see that interview with Zimmer today!!!!!!!HE WAS CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!WTF!!!!!!!!

There's no crying in baseball!!!!!!!!!!!Doesnt he know that!!!!!!!You blubbering old man"Ohh boo hoo i fell ashmaed for the yankees,the red sox,and the fans B) Boo hoo im sorry :) "

You make me sick Don Zimmer.You pathetic old man.You thought you could take down Pedro,he showed you other wise,so now you cry about it!!!SHUT THE **** UP AND SIT DOWN!!!!!!!!

As you can see i am very fired up over this.

My sentiment,exactly.

Zimmer ought to be glad Pedro didn't do more than simply shove him aside.I might have,"in the heat of battle".

That crying gig.... :) Oh,brother...