Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

[S] "Impluse" airdate 10/8

320x240.jpg

When Enterprise responds to a distress call from a Vulcan ship stranded in the Delphic Expanse, Archer and his boarding team are attacked by insane zombie-like Vulcans.

320x240.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

Boarding a damaged Vulcan vessel adrift in an asteroid field, Archer and his team discover that the remaining crew have mutated into violent, zombie-like creatures. When T'Pol begins to succumb to the mutation, the crew must fight their way out before they lose her forever.

320x240.jpg

Cast:

Scott Bakula as Jonathan Archer

John Billingsley as Dr. Phlox

Jolene Blalock as T'Pol

Dominic Keating as Malcolm Reed

Anthony Montgomery as Travis Mayweather

Linda Park as Hoshi Sato

Connor Trinneer as Charles Trip' Tucker III

Guest Cast:

Sean McGowan as Hawkins

Creative Staff:

Director: David Livingston

Teleplay By: Jonathan Fernandez

Story By: Jonathan Fernandez & Terry Matalas

From STARTREK.COM

:laugh:

Don't forget Dill!

Some of this episode (supposedly) is on a Vulcan ship. I'm wondering, are the markings on the wall behind T'Pol and Archer Vulcan and if so, I've never seen any quite like that before. :look: Any theories?

320x240.jpg

Alterego

No spoilers here.

I just finished watching "Impulse". Great episode, very exciting action. The stories are getting better as the season goes on.

I know everyone will enjoy this episode.

I can't wait to watch! The VCR timer is primed and ready! ;)

I just finished watching it - tell me, please, those of you who have seen it:

Click for Spoiler:

Were those Vulcans unused extras from "Thriller", or what?

;)

Oh my god...

Click for Spoiler:

That episode was great! Wow... action just keeps getting better and better. It must have taken them a long time to make these sets, because there seemed to be so many locals. The bridge, the tunnels, walkways, etc.. Amazing effects job. So now we now what causes the insanity...the trellium! Makes good sense. Hope Phlox can modify T'Pol's immune system. The makeup job on the actors was stellar! Very enjoyable episode with a fast pace. I also love the cinematography of the action scenes...the way the cameras run. Ok...I'll stop here. That was great!

I'll give the episode a 9.5/10....close to perfect.

There is nothing like a bunch of crazy Vulcans with screwed up neural nets. They should of left this episode for Halloween Week.

Edited by Data

Fantastic Episode, well acted by the Zombies and on Jolene's part, great action. I agree the cinematography was top notch, and has been all year. What more could you ask for? 9/10

I must echo the glowing sentiments. Very nice. Great gothic horror fun. Surprisingly touching moment at the end when Archer said that he wouldn't leave T'Pol on a planet and thus leave what makes him human behind. Cute moment when T'Pol told dream Trip to use his logic quietly and his open mouthed reaction to it. Funny. :b-day:

A 9 out of 10. On a par with Anomaly. I'll try to get the e-mail addresses in the sticky thread up tomorrow. It's great that ENT weathered the first storm against Smallville but 4.52 million viewers by official Nielsens is still perilous territory. ENT isn't safe yet. TAKE THE TIME TO WRITE THESE TWO PEOPLE TOMORROW AND TELL THEM YOU LIKED THIS EPISODE. Please. ;);)

Mr. Leslie Moonves

President and CEO

CBS Television

CBS Television City

7800 W. Beverly Boulevard

Los Angeles, California 90036[/b]

He has cancellation power, BTW.

Mr. Mel Karmazin

President and CEO

Viacom International

1515 Broadway

New York, NY 10036

Also a suit with influence. Make them aware the numbers are here. I've already written my letters. One paragraph apiece. Not so much trouble.

I loved this episode, it had everything you could ask for. Drama, action and even a hint of a possible romance?

Click for Spoiler:

When Trip asked T'Pol to movie night it had a "Date" feel to it I thought.

Exciting episode!

Click for Spoiler:

Once again the action scenes were great, and sets were really well done. The episode was very well paced and well acted. Also, the lighting and the directing were amazing.

9/10

Oh yes, VaBeachGuy, oh yes.

Click for Spoiler:

They are definitely testing the waters with Trip/T'Pol to see how fans react and I for one am receptive to the possibility.

A letter to Dawn Tarnosky-Ostroff, President of UPN to inform her that you find this particularly pairing adorable could be beneficial. ;)

that was an amazing episode.

i agree it was on par with anamoly, and regeneration. 9/10

yes, it does look cool how they speed up the frame rates a bit to give the action a 'jumpy' (for lack of a better word) look. the only problem i had with it is when they use it on stuff like when the soldier fell to the ground (it looked to fast. he was on the ground in milliseconds) and when he helped t'pol up after the gas started rushing in (she seemed to get up way to fast). other than that, it looks really cool.

wow ...i loved that episode. and the sets that were all wrecked and sparky were awesome. i hope enterprise looks like that after the xindi arc is over. i wanna see it limping home! that would be sweet!

I was not as impressed as you guys were. It just seems to me all action and no plot. It was a fun runaround but that was all. I have said this before it just seems that when they go away from the arc which you have to now and again to keep the arc fresh they seem to run out of ideas. That is just what I think.

5 out of 10

I was not as impressed as you guys were.  It just seems to me all action and no plot.  It was a fun runaround but that was all.  I have said this before it just seems that when they go away from the arc which you have to now and again to keep the arc fresh they seem to run out of ideas.  That is just what I think.

5 out of 10

There actually was a larger plot at work here.

Click for Spoiler:

Now we know why the Vulcans went crazy and were killing eachother on the other ship. We also know now that if the Enterprise is insulated with Trellium (is that spelled right?) that it will cause serious problems for T'Pol and any other Vulcan that may come aboard.

So from that standpoint this was a very important episode for answering some questions that were raised back at the end of season 2.

I was not as impressed as you guys were.  It just seems to me all action and no plot.  It was a fun runaround but that was all.  I have said this before it just seems that when they go away from the arc which you have to now and again to keep the arc fresh they seem to run out of ideas.  That is just what I think.

5 out of 10

There actually was a larger plot at work here.

Click for Spoiler:

Now we know why the Vulcans went crazy and were killing eachother on the other ship. We also know now that if the Enterprise is insulated with Trellium (is that spelled right?) that it will cause serious problems for T'Pol and any other Vulcan that may come aboard.

So from that standpoint this was a very important episode for answering some questions that were raised back at the end of season 2.

Exactly, you people just don't pay close enough attention. ;)

Click for Spoiler:

Does anyone think that since it will take awhile for T'Pol to return to normal (apparently), perhaps they'll do a couple of episodes of T'Pol with some emotions... could be interesting.

Stardate:213770.9

Awsome episode

Click for Spoiler:

I like the looks of the Vulcan Zombies.I also thought that Trip asking T'Pol to the movie sounded like a date.Very cool episode indeed

The only thing i thought they could of done was waited and showed it closer to halloween

Overall 8/10

I think the writers are teasing us with Trip and T'Pol. Not that I object. ;)

Click for Spoiler:

It did sound like Trip was asking T'Pol out--sort of.  Going to a group activity is technically a date but not really intimate.  I think the writers are taking it slowly with those two, which is wise IMHO.  Don't overplay your hand

I added in my letter to Dawn Tarnosky how much I appreciated the Trip/T'Pol scenes. :b-day: Anybody who wants the address reprinted, e-mail me anytime for it.

Edited by MoulinRouge

Guess I'll add my opinion as well. I too liked many aspects to this episode..

Click for Spoiler:

The action, emotional Vulcans, Vulcan ship etc..etc..Talk about lots of action..Boy T'Pol really got messed up didn't she?..Quite a nightmare she had at the end of the show..Like someone else on this post said; I too like T'Pol's line in her dream asking Trip to use his logic quietly.. ;) It's a good thing Trip wasn't able to make any of that Trillium..Wonder how long it'll take T'Pol to recover from all of this.

What a good show...I give it a 9/10..

Edited by spacetigger

This was not a bad episode but I like the previous one more.

Click for Spoiler:

The whole Vulcan Zombie thing makes me beieve that this is an early Halloween episode. Edited by Admiral Kirk

This was a great episode that is very much a part of the story arc for this season.This episode proves to me more than ever that Enterprise keeps getting better!

I give it a 9!

Hate to be the party pooper but this one annoyed me a little.

Click for Spoiler:

My first impressions are: I didn't like the flashback aspect of T'Pols being affected, they could have just let the story lead up to that the way we all expected it to.

I thought I was gonna have a seizure from all the flashing ;) and it was a little too convenient the way the flashing increased whenever the Zombies showed up.

Archer took way too long to just stun T'Pol and carry her out. :)

The shuttle not being able to free it-self except with a phaser shot from Trip violated what had been established before; in Shockwave Two they just gave it the gas and that connecting material ripped like paper. ;) These things are what I remember in the nit-pick category.

On the up side, it was a marvelous revelation about the Trillium-D being the reason for the Vulcan's problems in the Expanse and though predictable, the Sela(<?) exploding was a visual treat and a event of I'm sure, faaaaaar reaching repercussions. B)

:b-day: The Vulcan Zombies were excellent and seeing Trip and Travis work together again was neat.

Perhaps it will be better the second time I watch it, ;) 1st impression rating: a generous 6.

:) P.s. Having Hoshi :( in the spotlight again for next week's episode rocks!