Sign in to follow this  

Greetings, all! I decided to go back and re-watch Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 1.

So far, I've watched the episodes:

"Encounter at Farpoint"

"The Naked Now"

"Code of Honor"

"The Last Outpost"

My next episode will be "Where No One Has Gone Before", one of the best of the season!

So, anyone interrested in discussing TNG season 1?

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

TNG season one is my personal favorite of the entire series, it seemed very dramatic and made great use of a musical score that I believe to be superior to later seasons. It was heavy on sci-fi and adventure and did not get too bogged down with the 'characterisation' episodes of later seasons.

People often criticize the first couple of seasons when saying that TNG took time to get going, however I disagree with this especially when considering that itb contain such great episodes as Conspiracy, Too Short a Season, Datalore, The Big Goodbye, Arsenal of Freedom, 11001001, We'll Always Have Paris and of course Skin of Evil.

The Big Goodbye and The Neutral Zone would be my favorites from season 1. I'm one of those though that looks at the first 2 seasons as a growing period for TNG. For me, I really liked the first 2 seasons when they were in first run but I didn't "love" TNG until season 3.

I must say I really enjoyed season 1, though many people say they do not like it because it has "stupid" episodes and "stupid" uniforms and so on...

I really like it. It shows the beginning of TNG, my fave series, so I really adore it :look:

I loved almost all episodes, especially "The Big Goodbye" (I LOVE DIXON HILL :look: ), "11001001", "The Battle", "The Naked Now", "Conspiracy" and "The Neutral Zone". :laugh:

Mrs. Captain Picard

I too really enjoy season 1. It has Gene Roddenberry written all over it and is imo, the closest Trek has ever came to re-capturing the essence of TOS type episodes up until ENT.

I must say I liked the uniforms a lot, I loved them actually, they were tight and all that :laugh::look: :(

Maybe they would not have been changed until today if they had not caused the actors an aching back. Patrick Stewart was the one who complained so much about the uniforms because they started to cause serious pain so that the actors finally got the new ones from season three on... (at least he says so during the mission logs of a TNG season box, I don't exactly know which one it was :look: )

Mrs. Captain Picard

I'm not too crazy about the first ten episodes or so,but by the "Neutral Zone" I was sold on TNG.I like the later seasons more,but season one had its own good episodes(though many of the earliest seemed to be updated TOS episodes).

I remember being very excited about TNG,that first season.It had been so long since new Trek had been produced.

I loved season one (and every one that followed :drool: )

Some of my favorite Season one episodes are...

1.Lonely Among Us

3.The Neutral Zone

4.When The Bough Breaks

5.Conspiracy

There were many others that I also enjoyed,though I was and still am disappointed that we were never again treated to a story involving the alien menace from "Conspiracy".Maybe a movie will see their return someday?

Season 1...SkyUK is currently reshowing TNG so for the first time ever I've been watching the first 2 seasons. As a TV show I actually don't like it, for the most part, but to see how it all begins is facinating. (for me, TNG is the birth of Star Trek, being far too young to see any TOS) There are a few episodes I like, mainly the episodes in the second half of the season.

And Conspiracy was a fantastic show. :bow:

Season one isn't my favorite but over all I did like it better then season 2. I definatly miss having Tasha on the show (though Worf did look pretty funny sitting in the chair up front). Season One was a lot more like TOS then any of the other TNG seasons. I mean you had episodes like The Naked Now which was really just a remake of The Naked Time. My main beef with the first season is how stuffy Picard is. I like my Jean-Luc to be a bit more relaxed and easy going.