Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holland

First time Riker saw Data

I am watching Encounter at Farpoint, and saw Riker talking to Data on the Battle Bridge, and distinctly remember Riker saying in Nemisis that the first time he saw Data was in the holodeck, after the scene on the battle bridge. I just thought that was interesting, that the producers could overlook that.

no, thats right...it was on the holodeck. then weasly comes in and falls into the water, and data picks him up with one hand....

First time Riker saw Data was on the holodeck, I watched Encounter at Fairpoint not so long ago, and I atleast remember it that way...

Captain Holland is correct. Data was on the Battle Bridge when Riker beamed aboard at Farpoint. He was at the ops station when Riker had to manually re-connect the saucer section and the drive section.

The holodeck would have been the first place that he met Data as he had not been introduced to anyone except Tasha (when she greeted him at the transporter) and Picard when he first came aboard.

Edited by Takara_Soong

Still, Riker makes sense here. If you SEE someone, but you have not MET them, you don't recall the first time you were just in the same room as that person as the time you first MET. i think most of us require eye contact or a word or two for that moment to be significant.

I regretably missed the first 2 episodes of STTNG!!! :klingon: So I always thought that Riker first saw Data in the holodeck,by watching Shades of Gray(Which was posibly the lamest episode EVER :laugh:

Note: only edited to fix code

Takara

Edited by Takara_Soong

Riker did meet Data on the bridge, Data asked Riker if this is what the Captain wants. After the ship is reintergraded, he looks for Data on the holodeck.

Oh Great...Now I'll Have To Dig Up That Old Tape.

Yes, I Have "Encounter Ay Farpoint" Recorded Off TV From It's Original Airdate :huh:

Don't Have Season 1 On DVD Yet Though :wow:

my bad....but their first "official" "real" meeting was in the holodeck....but the "business" meeting was on the Battle Bridge