51 members have voted

1. 1. WHICH IS YOUR FAVORITE?

• 1.DUNE-THE MINI-SERIES
    • 2.TAKEN-THE MINI-SERIES
    • 3.CHILDREN OF DUNE-THE MINI-SERIES
    • 4.STARGATE SG-1
    • 5.FARSCAPE
    • 6.OTHER

Stargate Sg-1 is my favorite non Star trek series, the ORIGINAL Battlestar Galactica is a very very close second.

Outside of Star Trek, I don't much watch much sci-fi on TV. Movies are a wole other story, but, no, not too much on TV. There's a few sci-fi anime series I like (Cowboy Bebop and Neon Genesis Evangleion). I really liked the Andromeda Strain mini-series, because it combined some of my favorite things: biology and the apocalypse. Not to mention that way they killed the virus was pretty plausible. Well, in theory it was. It wouldn't have worked nearly as fast in real life.

''DANGER, WILL ROBINSON!!''....''Oh, be quiet, you tin-plated ninny...'' ''STICKS AND STONES WILL NOT BREAK MY BONES, DOCTOR SMITH-BUT I CAN EASILY SMUSH YOUR LIPS TO A THIN PASTE!''....heh heh. I do have fond childhood memories of that show. I loved seeing Bill Mumy on DS9.

Edited by Voyager recruit

How the frak can you have a Sci-Fi poll without Battlestar Galactica?

Because it was started back in 2004? :roflmao:

I agree with you, no one NOW could possibly overlook battlestar galactica. It is the best non-trek sci-fi series to come along in the last 10-15 years.

Though it must be said that even if it is non-trek, it was created by a man who learned most of what he knows during his long association with trek.

(After BSG, babylon 5 is also a favorite. I'm a sucker for space opera.)

I would watch B-5 if it was syndicated again. Good series. Very rich in detail. The Shadows were such a powerful, enigmatic threat. Again, nice having Bill Mumy on board. And, Mila Furlan was on ''Lost'' for a season or two-and reappeared briefly this past season. AND Walter Koenig, as 'Bester', starred on B5 sometimes. Keep him outta my head!!

I would watch B-5 if it was syndicated again. Good series. Very rich in detail. The Shadows were such a powerful, enigmatic threat. Again, nice having Bill Mumy on board. And, Mila Furlan was on ''Lost'' for a season or two-and reappeared briefly this past season. AND Walter Koenig, as 'Bester', starred on B5 sometimes. Keep him outta my head!!

You're right about B5 and its detailed history and the mythology of the 1st ones, Vorlons vs the shadows, etc. Also, anyone who doubts walter koenig's acting ability should check out his work on B5.

I cam across some things about the series and its creator J. Micheal Stryzinski at Wikipedia, in the process of looking at star trek or other related material-not that I am by ANY means a novice in that area! You can find good articles, some more in-depth than others, about all sort of sf-sf-tv series there, along with entire episode listings of said shows...B5 was reminiscent of DS9 in ways, as well. I would like to see the Shadows cross over into Trekrealm, and see how Starfleet handled them!

Here, here, Van Roy! This trekkie was an avid fan of Classic BSG....which Richard ''Apollo'' Hatch wanted to continue in ''Galactica":Second Coming''. Too bad it did not pan out. However, as I read just yesterday at Wikpedia, thirty minutes of footage was shot. There is a website for Mr. Hatch, and I just saw scenes from the would-be film yesterday, as well. I have only seen the NBC telefilm of reimagined BSG, so not sure how I feel about it..John ''Baltar' Colicos was in the above project, along with the original ''Tigh'' Terry Carter. Sadly, John is no longer with us.

I've seen a pirated YouTube video of the trailer. Someone snuck a video camera into the convention Hatch showed it.

I've also seen a fan-written script of what a 2nd season might have looked like, in many ways bridging the gap between what happened between the end of Battlestar Galactica and the ill-conceived Galactica 1980 in terms of what happened to the major characters.

Stargate SG-1, before the Ori (which did not exist when the poll was set up ---- but they're here now!).

I've seen a pirated YouTube video of the trailer. Someone snuck a video camera into the convention Hatch showed it.

I've also seen a fan-written script of what a 2nd season might have looked like, in many ways bridging the gap between what happened between the end of Battlestar Galactica and the ill-conceived Galactica 1980 in terms of what happened to the major characters.

Galactica 1980...yeah. Remember that. I was looking up that along with the classic at wiki. It said that after the studio wasn't so keen on the time travel, which got changed some, Don Bellisario segued that concept into Quantum Leap. Hey, Jonny Archer! I did prefer the original 'duo' of Apollo and Starbuck to Troy and Dillon. Anybody know, that the actor who played him went on to co-star with Andy Griffith in ''Matlock'' a while? I think the Robbie-Rist 'Doctor Zee' idea was thin. Not so hot. They should have gone with some old-old gent, who was some ancient being taken on human form, etc. The 'Seraphs'(in the script so called) were not a bad concept;st has done that enough, though I prefer my own theories about the nature of such 'higher' beings in their origin, and nature, which I won't get into here. I do like the basic concept of Q and such...The working to 'upgrade' earth tech of the time was not so bad an idea....but, ultimately, if you remove the time-travel element, and the 'super-children', then it would be at some point the Cylons making their ongoing attempt at destroying the planet....the war, picked up again, only elsewhere. I think Galactica was at its purest, and best, when it was about the struggles, the journey, and easier to tell, really....as it was more straightforward, when my beloved Voyagers were making their way home...another great adventure. It's tricky to pick up from there, once you arrive-how do you top it? Not tha it can't be done in either show...Maybe Glen Larson will get his version made, with the newer BSG so successful.You folks know Hollywood. If a formula gets the bucks...

Wow, I wouldn't pick any of those options!

Other...

Babylon 5

Doctor Who

Battlestar Galactica (original)

Outer Limits (original)

Andromeda

Lost in Space