Sign in to follow this  
KayTroi

[S] "Rajiin" air date 10/1

Myself I liked this episode alot.

Click for Spoiler:

I really liked the weapon that the Xindi used that stuck the goop to the wall that then fired the energy spikes. That weapon rocks. My first thought was I want one.

Myself I liked this episode alot.

Click for Spoiler:

I really liked the weapon that the Xindi used that stuck the goop to the wall that then fired the energy spikes.  That weapon rocks.  My first thought was I want one.

ya that part thing was cool.

CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP AND MORE CRAP!

1.5/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bysty I agree with that but I'm giving it 2/10 stars. :assimilated:

Click for Spoiler:

I liked the episode. I was worried about the sexual thing but since it all made sense in the terms of the story I was quite pleased by the cleverness. Enjoyed it more than last weeks, and the Xindi raiding party was cool.

8.5/10

Well, I expected this ep to be a whole lot worse, as I stated in the "Nudity In Enterprise" topic. The previews seemed to indicate that this episode would be entirely about sexuality. Hoping that B&B were trying to bamboozle me, I gave the show a watch.

Click for Spoiler:

It wasn't nearly as bad as expected. The obligatory nervepinching scenes between Trip & T'pol at the beginning of the ep were actually well played scenes.

Thankfully the parts where Rajiin scanned Archer and Hoshi were kept to a minimum. I thought the T'pol scene was a bit much, though. One female basically mindraping another. Ugh.

Minor gripe: Since when would a sex slave have a three dress wardrobe?

Picard, if you still want to know about how much sexuality is in this episode. It is as follows:

1: Rajiin gropes (revealed as not for sexual purposes later in the show, ... yeah right) Captain Archer's face and chest. Archer loses consciousness soon after.

2: Is implied (door closes as Rajiin is looking evil) that Rajiin does same to Hoshi.

3: Rajiin runs her hands along T'pol's back, pushing T'pol's shirt up a bit. Struggles with T'pol. Nearly kills her telepathically.

4: Cleavage and skimpy costumes.

The character of Rajiin seems kind of cliched to me. Yes, the sex slave part is new, but I've heard the "taken from my parents, don't remember anything, had no choice, etc." spiel many times, a few tweaks would be nice.

I thought it was interesting that the phase pistols didn't seem to hurt the Xindi until they'd been hit quite a few times. I wonder how their shield technology works.

Highlights of the episode

1: Seeing an Insectoid Xindi in action. I don't really think they look real, but they sure look cool.

2: The spices trade.

3: I like the merchant planet in general.

4: The plot point about liquid Trellium D being extremely explosive.

5: The possible reference to the Suliban at the end of the ep (surgically enhanced.)

I honestly hope they don't bring Rajiin back, I don't like the character at all (dialogue, look, and occupation).

Overall I give the episode a four out of ten. One point off for bad dialogue. Three points off for doing a story about a sex slave (there are few tales that should be told with such a character, and this is not one of them.). Two points off for the T'pol-Rajiin scene.

Just watched it again, and I noticed something.

Rajiin scans Archer, Hoshi and T'Pol, right? And all three still have residual alien DNA contaminating their systems, as set up by Archer and Phlox in the start of the show. How did this DNA affect her scans and will it have an effect on the bio-weapon? Will it make it not work? Is this a future twist that TPTB are setting up?

5: The possible reference to the Suliban at the end of the ep (surgically enhanced.)

What was the possible reference to the Suliban?

I thought this was a great episode! In my opinion there was no sexuality in it, just some scantally clad women in the beginning. And that Xindi weapon that shoots the goo was GREAT!!!

I give this epiosde a 9 on the 1-10 scale.

This was a really well put together episode and I think it'll do a lot to move the story along in the future. The entry of Rajiin has provided the crew with a link to the Xindi "high command" (not sure if they've been referred to as such, or as something else). If her character is developed as a background story (fall-out with the Xindi), she could be central to the whole Expanse story.

As for the lack of clothing some people have referred to, please watch a few eps of TOS and tell me this isn't Trek. As klingonmike noted, there wasn't much.

Oh, and is it really necessary to use the spoiler feature inside a thread that has an on it to start? It's a pain going through all that clicking. Just the on the front should be enough, shouldn't it? Just a thought.

Edited by Red Shirt Volunteer