Sign in to follow this  
KayTroi

[S] "Rajiin" air date 10/1

Hi,

Tonight's the night. I would love to know what everyone thinks of the episode which airs tonight @ 7PM Central Stand Time. Really I would love to know what you think. I will watch this episode with an open mind tonight. This episode will set the tone for others I think. I think they have gone lax in their programming since Mr. Berman has taken over. He only cares about getting paid not the quality of the show itself. :assimilated:

KayTroi is a trekker forever! :laugh::laugh::borg2:

Things certainly have not gotten lax since Berman took over,he took over back during TNG and most people like what he did with TNG and DS9 and even Voyager. I personally think he has done a fine job with all the Star Trek episodes he's helped produce.

KayTroi, according to some of the Canadians who get a sneak peek on Tuesdays, the episode is actually much better than last weeks and isn't focused entirely on sex. Don't judge episodes on UPN promos. UPN always does that.

Yeah, UPN always gives the wrong impression. Remember Cogenitor or whatever it was called. UPN made it up out to be a episode full of bad jokes and sexual nonesense and it was everything but. It turned out to be a very poweful episode with a touch of classy humor. So hopefully the same will happen with this episode.

Edited by ~Crims~

Of all nights for my cable to be out it's tonight... :assimilated: ..Cable company is coming by tomorrow..I'll have to catch this Enterprise episode on the second showing this weekend on UPN..

i didnt like it. it was very boring. all irrelevant talk. and they even tried to throw in (alot of) sexuality.

Click for Spoiler:

(raijin pretty much groped tpol. granted it was to 'scan' her, but you could tell B&B threw it in to appeal to the "fans". i dont care WHO gropes WHO. i dont want any of that in my star trek!!! grrr).

i thought it was just plain stupid, and 100% aimed at being "sexy". i think it may be the worst episode yet, but thats just my opinion. (and i havent seen most of season 1)

TUH, if you really want to keep the whole 'watch every episode' thing going like most of us enterprise watchers, then i say watch it. if not, then its not worth the time.

Edited by bysty

Click for Spoiler:

She "groped" Archer, too. You didn't notice that their internal organs lit up? that was pretty interesting, I thought. It was in the context of the story so I didn't mind. Everyone has a right to their opinion, but it didn't offend me in the least since it made sense in terms of the story. Is anything remotely sexual offensive? It's just my opinion but I don't think so. :assimilated: She took the scans because the Xindi are building a biological weapon and need information about human physiology. Edited by bysty

Not the best but not the worse....

Click for Spoiler:

I thought it was a very TOS style episode. The plot was was cool with the Xindi putting someone on board to get more info on the crew, but I thought it could have done a little better with the over all presentation. BUT!! the last 10 minutes of the episode were great with the first hand to hand encounter with the Xindi & Humans. My other problems are that the "Xindi Council" are starting to get more annoying reminds me way to much of Star Wars, and the weapons the Xindi were firing sounded like the ones the storm troopers use in Star Wars. I don't think this is the last we've seen of Rajiin.

Over all: 6.5/10

Click for Spoiler:

She "groped" Archer, too.  You didn't notice that their internal organs lit up?  that was pretty interesting, I thought. It was in the context of the story so I didn't mind.  Everyone has a right to their opinion, but it didn't offend me in the least since it made sense in terms of the story.  Is anything remotely sexual offensive?  It's just my opinion but I don't think so.  :assimilated:  She took the scans because the Xindi are building a biological weapon and need information about human physiology.

Click for Spoiler:

yes i got that, saw the scanning, and it is all good and fine with the story, but i couldnt help shake the feeling that the tpol thing was just for ratings. and no, i dont find stuff related to sexuality offensive. i just think that it is out of place in star trek. i feel as if it is 'tainting' it. sure, there is sexuality in trek. all fine and good. but i thought the girl on girl action was a bit much. (they didnt even need to scan tpol! they were getting info on humans! lol) everything that everyone has been complaining about (pon farr, some tpol skin (no nudity even shown)) has been fine by me. it just seems as if the tpol/raijin thing was a ratings stunt. im sure if it were any other show, i wouldnt care at all, but it seems as if star trek has always been somewhat family friendly. i dont want star trek to become PG13.

I thought it was a very TOS style episode.

good point. i dont like tos --> i dont like this episode. ive always found tos boring --> i found this episode boring. :assimilated:

Is no problem, bysty. We're all copacetic. We'll just have to agree to disagree. Personally, I think Trek needs to be PG-13 in all ways, not just the showing of skin. That's just me, however. As long as they keep throwing me those wonderful male bonding/slashy moments I won't complain too much about the little ratings grab. I did enjoy the shirtless male geskana in "Desert Crossing" after all. :assimilated:

I loved TOS and its cheesy, quirky style so naturally I liked this episode. For me, it's TNG that doesn't age well though it has its excellent episodes here and there. DS9, yes. TNG, no.

Edited by MoulinRouge

I haven't see it yet but bysty's first post made me very curios about it so I've been reading the spoilers up to this point. Like TOS!?!? OOOOOO, :assimilated: I cant wait!

Not gonna read any spoilers, but could someone please quote me, so I know that it's not a spoiler post, and let me know if there's any scenes to avoid. THANKS :assimilated:

NOTE: I caught the scene with the alien attacking T'Pol durring a SMALLVILLE commercial break, it looked pretty suspenceful!

It wasn't that long a scene, Captain. With the way their organs were lighting up when she scanned them, my inner nerd was happy.

I must be a sick puppy. I'm just loving this meaner Archer. He's quite appealing. Yes, the music was very reminiscent of TOS. It set the mood.

Wow...from reading the above posts..I get a completely different vibe...

Click for Spoiler:

I enjoyed this episode more than I thought I would. Also... I really did think this episode was going to be more sexed out than it actually was. The Xindi boarding parties made for good scenes [and destruction]. I think the Enterprise is going to need a lot of interior repair after that outing. As for Rajiin...I actually like the actress who played her. I wasn't annoyed with her the way I was with Trip and "that princess" lady that crashed on a planet together in the escape pod! Oh sorry..that was a while ago. Moving on, Archer just seems more charismatic when he's pissed off and under pressure. I'm quite pleased with Bakula's performances this season. And the end! Wow..it ended just like episodes during the last season of DS9. I love how it was devoid of any resolution.

Next weeks episode looks really good. I've been waiting for the vulcan insanity episode.

Overall...I'll give it a 7.0/10. Better than "Extinction."

It wasn't that long a scene, Captain.  With the way their organs were lighting up when she scanned them, my inner nerd was happy.

I must be a sick puppy.  I'm just loving this meaner Archer.  He's quite appealing.  Yes, the music was very reminiscent of TOS.  It set the mood.

Well, I was referring to the whole episode. Are there any scenes of sexuallity that I need to avoid durring my viewing of the episode this Saturday night?

THat's a hard question to answer, Captain. I suspect my definitions of acceptable sexuality are different than yours. Some of the slaves at the bazaar are pretty scantily clad. Some folks objected to the T'Pol/Rajiin scene but I thought the sexuality was counteracted by the cool shots of the inner organs lighting up. That's just me, though.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Agreed. Lol. :assimilated:

I must be a sick puppy. I'm just loving this meaner Archer. He's quite appealing.

yes, the meaner archer is so much more interesting. no more hesitating a (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't)-footing around. he means business! and its great to see less of a weiner captain. lol.

CJLP, you seem less tolerant of sexuality on trek than most, so i say watch out for the tpol/raijin scene. its not overly sexual because, like MoulinRogue said, it has science and storyline to it, but just be careful. lol.

Edited by bysty

I was pleasantly surprised by tonight's episode. When I first saw the preview and heard the word sex slave I thought "Here we go again" but the plot is not what I thought it was. Honestly I think this was one of the best eps in the series so far.

Bysty, I am developing great respect for your wisdom and judgment. This was pretty boring.

Click for Spoiler:

In my opinion it was more stupid than sexual but there is some skin. Can someone tell me why T'Pol's superior brain that could fight off the wisps in The Crossing couldn't fend off this creature's advances...I so wanted her to just nerve pinch rajin and be done with it. I too felt all the touchy parts were just thrown in for shock value. IMO, the scene with Archer was more sexual.

And where did Raijiin get the wardrobe...why wasn't she wearing the blue jumpsuit that other guests wear....oh we know the answer to that...

Enough with Trip and T'Pol and the accupressure...getting tedious here.

In fact I think it's time they start moving this arc along because it is getting old and dry

Once again I must point out the difference betweeen mean and serious. Mean is hurting people for the pleasure of causing pain. Archer isn't mean but he does have to be serious.

My favorite line was when Rajin asked if people would mind her walking about and Archer replied "I seriously doubt it"

Yes, I saw this week's episode and it is better than last week's. :assimilated:

I will agree with you that this episode had more plot than sex themes. I really enjoyed it.

I will also say that UPN promo's do spoil it for some viewers. I will even take back what I said about Berman because TNG;DS9;and VOY were great shows. There sure isn't any doubt there.

I admit that I was wrong about Berman's work. I will stop listening to a friend who said that Mr. Berman was all about money and not quality. He is a startrek fan who also posts here. From now on I will form my own opinions about Berman's work without any swaying judgements from him. :borg2:

Yes, I know the last episode was better than the first episode from this season. It even is better than "A Night in Sickbay". :clap: If all other episodes are as good as last night's then I will be overjoyed and UPN will possibly keep Enterprise on for another two to three years. :laugh: I am a fan of anything StarTrek afterall. :laugh:

Stardate:213753.2

I thought it was an ok episode.The story line was good could of been better though.I really liked the cool effects though.

Click for Spoiler:

I thought the thing with the organs and bones lighting up was cool.I also liked the firefight between the Xindi and security.Those Xindi weapons were awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And is it just me or did the Xindi use a transwarp conduit??

Overall i give this episode a 8/10

I thought this was a great episode! In my opinion there was no sexuality in it, just some scantally clad women in the beginning. And that Xindi weapon that shoots the goo was GREAT!!!

I give this epiosde a 9 on the 1-10 scale.