Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Can you believe it?

Can you believe October is upon us now? It's starting to cool down here in Virginia now, soon we'll need a jacket. It doesn't really get too cold here till December or January though.

I know that Australia is just starting it's summer so I hope you enjoy the sun Down Under :saintdevil:

Next thing you know it will be 2004!

Yeah,autumn just kind of whirled right in when I wasn't expecting it.Last Saturday was the first day in weeks that I didn't cut on my air conditioning at all.And today,its kind of cool but very humid.I don't mind,though.I've never been a fan of summer.I'm more a spring and autumn person.I can handle Fresno's humidity.But when you add a 100-degree day (or warmer),to the humidity... :saintdevil: .

Uhm, yes, it gets colder here... finally... I like that, I am a fan of autumn/winter :saintdevil:

BTW: They start to sell Christmas cookies at our local super market :unsure: :thumbs::drool:

Mrs. Captain Picard

I cant believe it, years fly by. Oct. 19 is my one year anniversary for being connected to the web. The air is quickly cooling off around here too. Should be a very cold winter by the feel of it at this early stage. Our local Big-K has had Christmas trimmings out since early September which is a change from the norm, that has not happened in the past until after halloween.

i really relly wish i was in virginia right now. i LOVE SUMMER, hate the cold. i cant really say hate, but i sure dont love it. i want sun and fun. i love the 90 degree days, and 80 degree nights. i just cant bring myself to turn on the heat yet but im gonna have to soon. its about 58 in the house right now. i want an indian summer. more sun and heat. oh well.

Stardate:213748.8

We havent hit autumn yet.It has been very strange around here.I live on the West Coast of the US.Saturday it was 94 degrees!!!!!!!!!!!!This is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It is not supposed to be this hot!!!!!!!!!!!!I think its because im in the bazzaro world because the Seachickens have won 3 in a row :saintdevil:

Up here it's been chilly for the last week and a half. In fact, the last two days I woke up to frost on the grass and I had to scrape my windshield before going to work. Tonight it's supposed to get below freezing and a high of mid 40's is predicted for tomorrow. Is it too late to plan a winter get-away??

Winter's nice,too.But come Thanksgiving day the fog rolls into town and doesn't leave until mid-February.Fresno fog is a nightmare.Walking in it,you can almost imagine its alive (and its intentions less than benign).Its cold,wet,and thick.As for driving in it.only if you really have to,and even then your taking a chance.I hate it.

Edited by Captain_Smiley

its been raining off and on down here (we're actually ON TOP OF THE WORLD, lol) but its heating up, or is that the girl that just walked past me in the shops....

Autumn decended on us like a brick. In Lower Alabama, we usually have two seasons--Summer and Winter. Spring lasts about 2 weeks, and Autumn maybe 1. We have been experiencing lows in the 50's and highs around 80. This is very unusual! We usually are in the high 80's/low 90's until Nov.1 I'm beginning to think, "Someplace very hot is beginning to freeze over." LOL

Would you believe we had snow flurries today??? They only lasted about 5 minutes and, of course, melted as they hit the ground but it was still snowing on Oct 1st! That's early, even for here. It usually doesn't know until closer to Halloween.

Thank goodness its fall!  I hate the summer down here. Oh and VBG, I live in Tuscaloosa, Alabama and Dothan is not real far from here.

I've been planning a trip to Alabama for several years. One of these years I'll get there. My trip would be to Northern Alabama though, Fort Payne.