Sign in to follow this  
Celtic_Swimmer

Favourite Character!?!?

I only watched the shows pilot episode so i can't say who i like till i watch it again.. but the only reason i started watching it was cuz of Bakula..

-Laur

Trip Tucker. Great body, funny facial expressions, great body.... oh, I'm repeating myself.

Um, Trip. :D

Um... I chose Archer on the other board... and SB is my fav actor... but i do love Trip too! THis is such a difficult choice!! AHHHHHHHHHHH! Ok, i will pick three (yes i know i am being difficult!)

- Archer - sweet, funny, sexy, diplomatic, isn't afraid to call someone a 'son of a (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't)'!

- Trip - adorable, funny, oh-so-sexy(!), adorable, brainy, that southern accent....

- Reed - he is also sweet, but i like him mostly for his comedic touches 'Pot Roast???? Again????' (Cat Walk, S2) THough he can be a little whiney!

i think trip is cool, but the best character is doctor phlox. he is just awesome. and hes always happy and energetic

I like both Trip and T'Pol a lot. I also like Archer. Reed also has his charms.

I don't like the Dr. however. I think I may be alone on this one though...

no your not, i'm not really a big fan of the Doctor either

no your not, i'm not really a big fan of the Doctor either

I'm glad to know I'm not alone. I do really love the show and I think most of the characters are pretty awesome. Docter Phlox however just doesn't do it for me. Bones is still my favorite. He was so down to Earth, where as Phlox is just about as out in space as one can get.

I like T'Pol, Reed, Tucker and Archer and think that the main basis of the show should focus on these characters as was done in the original with Kirk, Spock and McCoy.

P.S. We need more killer gas clouds and transporter accidents!

P.S. We need more killer gas clouds and transporter accidents!

From what I read about "The Crossing", it sounds like it may be a prequel story to the OS episode "The Lights of Zetar", cool :) huh?

Log me in as a Trip fan. :dude: I don't really dislike any of the characters, though. Log me in first and foremost as a Trip and Malcolm fan, as in Bashir and O'Brien the sequel, best friends to be. :blink: There's something inherently appealing about those two characters when they're paired up. Together, Trip and Reed are definitely my favorite ENT "character."

Trip and the captain are very sweet also, but if I had to choose between the two pairings Trip and Malcolm edge out Trip and the captain by a teensy little bit. Trip and the captain are more like brothers, don't you think? You'll always have your brother no matter how many friends come into your life along the way.

I it is very difficult to choose someone I like, much easier to choose someone i don't, and the only one i can think of is Hooshi, always whining... All the others are great, especially Archer, Trip and Reed. Enterprise rules!

Guest Garzo

I think the cast is great except for T'Pol and the doctor. I think it's unfortunate they didn't get a better actress fro T'Pol. Jolene Blalock just doesn't do it for me, it seems pretty obvious why they cast her. If they really wanted her on the show, she could have simply played a sexy human officer and allowed Linda Park or another actress to play a more realistic Vulcan. The thought of some sexy, ridiculously big-breasted, pouty-mouthed Vulcan in a catsuit almost ruins the show for me. I'm still a big fan and I support the show, don't get me wrong. I'm not dissing it and I'm not saying Vulcans or Romulans can't be sexy, they just have to be subtle about it (see Savik or the incredible Romulan commander in the "The Enterprise Incident") and not try so hard. The fact that not many people on this topic chose T'Pol as a favorite character says a lot.

As for the Doctor, he's just another Neelix with silly forehead prosthetics. The actor is fine, just don't see the need to have him play a silly alien from a species no one has ever heard of before. Having Phlox also lessens the wonder of this very first crew. It should be enough that they have a Vulcan on board. Having another alien makes extra terrestrial life seem so normal for everyone. They should have kept the same actor but made his character human. It would have made no difference except improving the show by making the crew real explorers, real foreigners on the strange new worlds they visit.

I think the cast is great except for T'Pol and the doctor. I think it's unfortunate they didn't get a better actress fro T'Pol. Jolene Blalock just doesn't do it for me, it seems pretty obvious why they cast her. If they really wanted her on the show, she could have simply played a sexy human officer and allowed Linda Park or another actress to play a more realistic Vulcan. The thought of some sexy, ridiculously big-breasted, pouty-mouthed Vulcan in a catsuit almost ruins the show for me. I'm still a big fan and I support the show, don't get me wrong. I'm not dissing it and I'm not saying Vulcans or Romulans can't be sexy, they just have to be subtle about it (see Savik or the incredible Romulan commander in the "The Enterprise Incident") and not try so hard. The fact that not many people on this topic chose T'Pol as a favorite character says a lot.

As for the Doctor, he's just another Neelix with silly forehead prosthetics. The actor is fine, just don't see the need to have him play a silly alien from a species no one has ever heard of before. Having Phlox also lessens the wonder of this very first crew. It should be enough that they have a Vulcan on board. Having another alien makes extra terrestrial life seem so normal for everyone. They should have kept the same actor but made his character human. It would have made no difference except improving the show by making the crew real explorers, real foreigners on the strange new worlds they visit.

I agree with you completly about Phlox but I'm afrade I disagree with your opinion of T'Pol. At first I thought the same thing, that they had just put her on the show to ad "sex apeal" but the more I watch it the more I think that she actually is a good Vulcan. I don't why the producers think that a big breasted alien will boost the ratings. Okay I take it back I do know, men are lame! But seriously this is a Star Trek show not Bay Watch. Don't get me wrong I liked Seven of Nine, but I don't see the need to bring her back in this show as a Vulcan.

That being said I'm going to stick my foot in my mouth and say again that I think T'Pol is a good character and that she serves a much greater pupose on the show than the producers intended for her.I have to coment on on more thing that you said however...

she could have simply played a sexy human officer and allowed Linda Park or another actress to play a more realistic Vulcan

I've started to actually like the Hoshi character but I'm afrade that I still don't think that Linda Park is a very good actress. When ever she speaks her lines always just seem to fall flate to me and her acting seems really forced. With time maybe she'll get better as she becomes more comfurterable with the character.. I'll keep my fihngers crossed.

Well i'd say Trip because me and him have so much in common....LOL only joking! (Though that's not to say i'm not a good looking lad though!) :bow:

No. I like T'Pol. She is beautiful as well as being a complex character from which lots of stories and development can be made. She is a whole new Vulcan with a past much more colourful and rich with ideas. She is also revolutionary in that we are learning from her a lot more about how your average Vulcan really ticks!

Guest Garzo

Tank,

Despite what I said, I do have an open mind and I hope T'Pol improves for me over time. I think most of my complaint is the 7 of 9 catsuit and her sexy, pouty look. I have absolutely nothing against sexy and pouty, but I don't think it belongs on a Vulcan. That's why I think it would have been better to have a sexy human bombshell on board, if they really wanted one.

One thing that I do kind of like about T'Pol, and I think it's potential to make her a more interesting character, is her street smarts and her very un-Vulcan ability to lie. A lot of people complain that she often lies (usually to get out of jams), something Vulcans aren't supposed to do. I think it's interesting because these Vulcans are still 100 years behind Spock, and we know Vulcans used to be highly emotional long ago and they try very hard to be the logical dweebs they eventually became. Could it be that spending so much time with humans is reverting T'Pol back to her primal, emotional state? Could it be that being surrounded by primitive human males is screwing up with her seven-year mating schedule? And that's why she exudes so much sexuality? I love the show and my complaints were sort of exagerated knit-picks. We'll see how it develops.

Guest Bad News Bob

My favorite character is T'pol not because Jolene is easy on the eyes. Not because of those cute little ears. T'pol is the the first Vulcan that has made me laugh. I mean that as a compliment to the writers , directors and to Jolene; who has her hands full trying to bring a statue to life. We see Vulcans from our prospective and we try to humanize them. Actors train to emote, express and to become the character. Vulcans want to be computing, emotionless, statues. It stands to reason that they would contantly say thinks that would make any red blooded human laugh his tail off, simply because they don't have sense of humor or can't see the humor in what they say. " Hey doc it hurts when I move my arm like this. Well don't move your arm like that." That's a logical response; yet we've all laughed at it. The fact that we do has to puzzle Vulcan's. In the past I think the producers have done to much to make Vulcans appear smart and arrogant. I'm not a fan of arrogance. Even with our pets we look for their "human qualities" It only stands to reason we would do that with Vulcans. So that having been said : T'pol is my favorite character because she makes me laugh even if she doesn't know why. Way to go writers; way to go Jolene.

Trip, Archer and Malcolm are my favorites. I think Trip because he is the most upbeat character. Underneath his humor is an excellent, competent officer. I love the accent.

I like Archer so much better when is isn't whining - oh, and he is gorgeous. Malcolm is so uptight he's funny but he grows on you.

I so totally agree with TheUnicornHunter, Reed does kinda grow on you after a while... and yes, Mr Bakula is rather gorgeous!! :wow:

I think most of my complaint is the 7 of 9 catsuit and her sexy, pouty look. I have absolutely nothing against sexy and pouty, but I don't think it belongs on a Vulcan. That's why I think it would have been better to have a sexy human bombshell on board, if they really wanted one.

I agree or even a Denoblian female. I noticed none of the Vulcan males dress in catsuits.

Guest Ktrek

I guess first off I would have to say that as far as Star trek shows ENT has the best looking crew of them all. However, I think most of the acting is poorly done especially by Bakula and Blalock. Bakula may be a nice looking man but as far as command "presence" it just isn't there. I think trip would make a much better captain especially for the time period the show is set in. Linda Parks is a very lovely woman but they don't give her enough to fill out her role. The way they first presented her as a scared, whiney, little child just was irritating but I think the writers have gotten past that and I'm hopeful we'll see some good stuff come from her. Reed is cool! He does get alot of funny lines. The doctor always amuses me and seems to be a fan favorite. Mayweather has not even been given a chance. I hope they don't do the same to him as they did to ensign Kim. Then there is Porthos who, I think, just wastes alot of good storytelling time to get all the women to go .."oh look how cute!'' and think Archer is so "sensitive". I'm not against sensitive at all but Bakula's portrayal doesn't seem fitting to a captain. I know everyone sees the show differently and this is just my opinion. I think ENT has ALOT of potential but it needs alot of help to make it a GREAT Star Trek show.

Ktrek