Sign in to follow this  
Shrek

Least favorite Star Trek movie?

My least fave movie is Insurrection, it is just... argh... It might have been a good story, but I mean... okay I admit it, Anij is the reason for my dislike against this movie ;)

I try to ignore it :lol: :lol:

But all other movies are okay. I even liked Star Trek V (somehow) :lol:

Mrs. Captain Picard

My least favorite was the first one, TMP. After waiting all those years for anything Trek, I was a little disappointed in it.

ST V also for me. When TMP came out I loved it, it was right up there with Star Wars for me, I was 10 years old when TMP came out, 8 when Star Wars came out. I think I went to see TMP just as many times if not more then I did Star Wars.

Of course now that we have had so much more Star Trek I look back and see that TMP isn't as good as the others, but in 1979 it was Awesome (to a 10 year old boy in Maryland anyway).

Why does everyone pick on TMP? So what if it wasn't an action movie. It was intended to be a "mystery" kind of story, and with that, I loved the movie. However, I must admit that the 1982 TV version that I have on tape (which I thought was the threatrical version till I got the DVD) is aweful compared to the Director's Edition which ROCKS! :lol:

The theatrical release of TMP is my least favorite, The Directors Edition blows it out of space and I can watch the deleted scenes if I wish to.

I think the first one was the worst out of the lot but not by much i liked them all but for some reason that one was just a little lower than the rest.

:P

Edited by Tal Shiar 8472

I like every single Star Trek movie. They are all good in their own way. Of course some af them are fantastic like 2, 4, 6 and FC....I have to say that I was disappointed with Insurrection..It could have been better..I would say Insurrection is my least favorite Trek movie..

Worst Trek film....

Star Trek V:The Final Frontier(which isn't to say I hate this film,its just not as good as the others).

THATS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL. i dont hate it, but as far as trek films its the lowest one, close though with generations.

A lot of people are down on Generations but I think it was a good transition from the TOS films to TNG films. It's not a favorite of mine but i's not a least favorite either. For me it's middle of the pack.

A lot of people are down on Generations but I think it was a good transition from the TOS films to TNG films. It's not a favorite of mine but i's not a least favorite either. For me it's middle of the pack.

i think my problem mostly with generations was to me it seemed they were gonna do more with both CREWS, and then it was only kirk, and i dont think they did him or TOS justice. i dont know what i was expecting them to do, i was just expecting more. but i do enjoy it occasionally. its not the worst movie out there by far.