Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Takara_Soong

Pittsburgh Penguins

Penguins 4, Senators 3, OT

STOCKHOLM, Sweden -- Tyler Kennedy scored his second goal with 25 seconds left in overtime to lift the Pittsburgh Penguins past the Ottawa Senators 4-3 in the first NHL regular-season opener in Sweden on Saturday night.

Kennedy, who also scored the game's first goal 40 seconds into the first period in front of 13,699 at Stockholm's soldout Globe Arena, was selected as the player of the game.

Sidney Crosby, who finished last season as the first teenager in NHL history to win the scoring title, had an assist for Pittsburgh.

Ottawa captain Daniel Alfredsson was held pointless as he returned to his native Sweden for the first time with the Senators.

Marc-Andre Fleury made 32 saves for the Penguins. Martin Gerber made 26 saves for the Senators.

The teams will meet again on Sunday.

I've always liked Tyler Kennedy, and I was glad they resigned him for this season. What I hated was how Comcast blacked out the game for my viewing area... No wonder they're losing customers to other cable and satellite companies.. :spock::laugh:

I've always liked Tyler Kennedy, and I was glad they resigned him for this season. What I hated was how Comcast blacked out the game for my viewing area... No wonder they're losing customers to other cable and satellite companies.. :spock::laugh:

It was a pretty good game. Why on Earth would Comcast black out a game that was played in Sweden? The game in Sweden was in the afternoon in North American time zones and the Philly game was an evening game. That is weird.

Pens looked good. It'll be interesting to see what they end up doing with their powerplay with Gonchar injured. They tried a number of different combinations at the blue line. I guess we'll have to see how starting in Europe affects them. The Ducks had a heck of a time recovering from their London game last year but I guess the NHL did things a little differently this year based on that experience.

It was a pretty good game. Why on Earth would Comcast black out a game that was played in Sweden? The game in Sweden was in the afternoon in North American time zones and the Philly game was an evening game. That is weird.

They blacked out the game because it was being fed through NHL Network by Fox Sports Pittsburgh. Anytime they get a feed through FSP, it's blacked out in this area. They consider this area as being a "local" feed, meaning that you should be able to get it directly from FSP, but it's not carried around here. Comcast has always done this, even back when the Pens won their Stanley Cups and it was KBL.