Sign in to follow this  
Capt.Vash

whatever happened to the Q

ok so i am confused here i forgot the episode name but its the one where Q decides that having a a half Q half human child will help the Q's continue to live when they are in the middle of a civil war! so my questions are how can any weapon no matter what injure a Q and where is the new Q child? :blink:

There were 3 Q episodes.

"Death Wish"

"The Q and the Grey"

"Q2"

The episode you refer to is "The Q and the Grey". Q wasn't looking to have a human/Q bybrid child, just a Q child in general as he explained to Janeway that there had never been a Q born before. In the end, Q had a baby with the female Q that was chasing after him the whole episode. The weapons that could injure Q were of Q origin. As for what happens to Q's son, we see this revealed in Q's last VOY appreance in "Q2".

i remember now when he threatens to turn his child inot an amoeba sorry those 2 episodes just didnt link in my mind for some reason but while the weapons were Q in origin shouldnt they still have had no effect on an immortal, omnipitent being!

I believe Q once said that the Qs weren't omnipotent. It just seems that way to Humans. Also, they might be immortal, but I'm sure they can still be hurt. They can still use their powers over one another. Remember the time Q was forced to be a human? Clearly, there are Q more powerful than him if he can't resist. If he really wanted to be immortal again, he could have made himself that way. I think some Q might be more powerful than others.

If the Q ever were to engage in a battle, it would probably span the rest of time. You might not think anything can hurt a Q, because they are more advanced, more knowledgable, and more powerful than us, but they still have limitations. We just don't know them. However, the Q know them, and they can use them to inflict harm on other Qs.

so my questions are how can any weapon no matter what injure a Q and where is the new Q child? :rolleyes:

75530[/snapback]

I know this is an old thread but to address this question you have to think back to a couple of TNG episodes. Déjà Q and True Q. In those 2 episodes we see Q stripped of his powers, which is a form of injury and we see Q threatening to kill a Q and also learn that the Continuum killed 2 other Q's in the past. So it is at least possible for 1 Q to harm another Q.

I wonder who are more powerful?The Q,The Bajoran Prophets,or the Organians? :laugh:

80366[/snapback]

I would guess the Q. The Organians, like the Metrons, seem to be very advanced beings capable of stopping a starship at will and folding space/time...but not to the same extent as the Q. While the Q are not omnipotent, they are near-omnipotent.

Please, this thread is an embarrasment to me, 2 years ago when I hardly knew what I was talking about.

oh god, this is so embarrasing.