Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Farewell Star Trek The Experience

STEX.JPG

In just a few hours Star Trek The Experience in the Las Vegas Hilton will close it's doors for the final time. I was only able to get there 4 times over the course of 3 days on one trip a couple weeks ago but what I saw there was an awesome experience. It's really a shame to see it closing and I sincerely hope that another venue picks it up and re-opens it soon.

Please feel free to upload any pictures of your experience at The Experience and share any memories here as we mark the final hours of Star Trek The Experience at the Las Vegas Hilton.

stte.jpg

The first time I was there was June 18th, 1998 and it was my Graduation Gift

stte2.jpg

The second time I was there was December 12th, 1998 and it was right after i saw Star Trek: Insurrection

I don't really have the words to describe how much I'm going to miss 'The Experience'. I've gone every August for the past 4 years. What am I going to do next year while I'm not at the convention? Certainlly nothing as fun as 'The Experience'..

My last turn on the bridge..

Bridge08.png

014.jpg

036A-1.jpg

040.jpg

039A.jpg

028A.png

I've been to the Experience numerous times. I loved it. Its such a shame its gone. I really hope it can be relocated someplace. I see no reason to ever go to the Hilton again and I would be surprised if the convention were held there anymore after next years.

Sorry these pictures are really poor quality. We were there before I got my good camera. It breaks my heart that I never got the chance to go again after I got a half-way decent camera. :roflmao:

The first time we went, my youngest daughter had just gotten braces. We were walking through the museum, when a female klingon came up behind her. I told her to turn around and when she saw the klingon, she about jumped out of her skin. The klingon then asked her what manner of weapon she had in her mouth. Not missing a beat, my daughter replied that she used it to bite her sister. :rolleyes:

The second time we went was just months before my husband's lung transplant and he required oxygen full-time. He was walking very slowly out of the borg ride when my daughter and I were lagging behind to look at something in one of the shops. The silver-haired klingon and the borg were standing there, and not realizing that my daughter and I were with the man with oxygen, made a comment about that man carrying his own air supply. It wasn't what they said so much that impressed me, but the way they said it - in a totally sympathetic way. I was impressed.

Anyway, the pics:

LasVegas015copy.jpg

LasVegas023copy.jpg

LasVegas025copy.jpg

Captainschaircopy.jpg

I never had the oppertunity to see it in person. Only pics,videos and a few tv show snippets.. I hope someplace gets it and the legacy will continue..

I've been going through my videos of the trip from a few weeks ago and taking out some stills, I still have a lot to go through but here's a few that I got today. Some of them are kind of grainy because of the lighting and the fact that I was panning the camera so it was hard to get a clear still from it.

6a.jpg

6.jpg

This is one of Mandy taking a picture of some of the displays.

12.jpg

4a.jpg

3.jpg

20a.jpg

I'll get more stills and upload them to the Gallery tomorrow.

I went to Las Vegas only once, in 2006, but I think that it is a very pity to close this enormous "museum" and "simulator":

here I add some photos of my collection:

post-1-1220384140_thumb.jpg

post-1-1220384172_thumb.jpg

post-1-1220384197_thumb.jpg

post-1-1220384213_thumb.jpg

I'm confused as to why it has closed.

Surely, if there is a new film due ( :roflmao: ) they should keep it open? :rolleyes:

This is the first time we went, my daughter was a bit younger: :rolleyes:

klingon2.jpg

It just goes to show you need to do something like that when you can. I kept saying maybe next year and unless they move somewhere else there is no next year. Thanks to all who shared pictures!!!!!!!

Never got to see it since I never lived in america but maybe it may reopen another time if someone wants something hard enough they can get it.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Damn.....that actually brought tears to my eyes.........

Damn.....that actually brought tears to my eyes.........

Damn, me too. I didn't think it would. I'll find the ticket stubs from our wedding day later and take a picture.

Damn, me too. I didn't think it would. I'll find the ticket stubs from our wedding day later and take a picture.

Yeah, me too. Made me wish we had waited and made the trip so that we'd be there on the first.

i was so hopeful to get there someday. it was one of the reason's why i had wanted go to vegas.. hopefully its not truely dead..

Damn! Something else I didnt know about :lol:

Seems like to me, there is a revamping of the Star Trek universe going on, and our vision of it is being put out to pasture.....

Over the past 5 years, how much of the established "Star Trek" has Paramount auctioned off, shut down, retired, and sent packing...

This new movie......I will try and keep an open mind, but.........being old school, its gonna be hard.....

(but, that is how I felt back in 1988, you know 'HOW DARE THEY!')