Sign in to follow this  
Celtic_Swimmer

Favourite Character

Kes always got on my nerves. My two favorite characters are kinda contradictory. The first one is B'Elanna. I love her "I'm not gonna take any crap" attitude. Number 2 is Tuvok. I wish I had his emotional stablility.

Kes always got on my nerves.  My two favorite characters are kinda contradictory.  The first one is B'Elanna.  I love her "I'm not gonna take any crap" attitude.  Number 2 is Tuvok.  I wish I had his emotional stablility.

I agree, Kes didn't really do anything important and B'Elanna is my favourite too, but I don't think I'd wan't to be vulcan. :lol:

Well everyone has opinions.. at the moment i hate ENT.. but i'll grow to luv it.. its a part of the Star Trek Community

-Laur

Good advice. I will some day be accepting of VOY, plopping down 100 clams a season will probably help me grow a deeper appreciation! ;) I chose Janeway, she reminds me of Janice Lester (TOS) without the psychoses .

I'd have to say, and i THINK in this order: Janeway, Tuvok, Harry, B'Lanna....(or something. THose 4 in some order, anyways, and Janeway 1st, though...I think...)

Neelix.But only on the episodes where they allowed him to be the saavy,space-wise,semi-scoundrel that we first met on "Caretaker".Otherwise,he was a buffoon.Besides Neelix I liked Paris and Kim (Can't pick a favorite between them).

Ok whats Everyones FAVOURITE Voyager Cast Member??

Mine would have to be the Doctor.. hes funny and wants to aspire to be what he wasn;t programmed to be

Neelix- just cuz hes unique

-Laur

Hi there :laugh:

Janeway would have to be my favorite character in Voyager, closely followed by The Doctor and Seven of Nine. I also loved Tom, B'Elanna, Neelix, Kes and Naomi.

There were lots of great episodes about Janeway - my favorites being Persistance of Vision and Macrocosm. I also loved any episodes about The Doctor, such as Tinker, Tenor, Doctor Spy, Renaisance Man, Author Author and Body & Soul (I can't think of any others off hand)

Linda

Captain Janeway.  I bet she could beat up Picard in a nanosecond (not that I dislike Picard, I just think that Janeway's pretty tough). :laugh:

Hi there :lol:

Janeway is a tough Captain. If she did have to beat him up, I think she could hurt him more with her choice of words than anything else. However, I don't think Janeway would ever need a reason to kick Picard's butt. She has too much respect for Picard to beat him up and he has too much respect for her to give her any reason to do so.

Linda

Don't count Ben Sisko out now...  :lol:

Hi there :laugh:

Ben Sisko was a tough Commander. Could you imagine a butt kicking contest between Picard, Sisko and Janeway?? Honestly, I couldn't see any reason for any of them wanting to kick each other's butt but its an interesting thought.........................

Captain Janeway.  I bet she could beat up Picard in a nanosecond (not that I dislike Picard, I just think that Janeway's pretty tough). :laugh:

No way. Picard has way better tactics then Janeway. Janeway seems to act without thinking while Picard is always absolutely sure of his strategies. Picard is my favorite captain and I couldn't bear to watch him get beat up. Lol. I do think that they should make a ST:XI and have Picard dying. All the crew could get back together again because of that and Picard, just before he dies, could pass the Enterprise onto Riker again. He would have to accept. It has to be near the beginning too or the movie would be really boring. It would be sad yet a real asset to the series especially since Stewart wants out.

I really don't like the idea of Picard getting killed, but if they do kill him it has to be a better death than what Kirk got. Where did you hear that Stewert wanted out? The last interview I read with him (which was just before Nemesis came out), he sounded like he was far from ready to give up Picard.

Also my favorite Voyager Character would either have to be Janeway or The Docter.

Yay!! Someone else that listed Janeway as their favorite character. She is such a legend and a fantastic Captain. The Doctor was another one of my favorites too. I loved the episodes when he sang opera, especially in Renaisance Man - Janeway and The Doctor are in a shuttle on their way to a medical conference and he's singing opera as loudly as possible. Janeway wakes up and tells him that 15 minutes of sleep is really all the sleep she needs..............

Also Tinker, Tenor, Doctor Spy, right at the beginning when he sings and the rest of the Voyager crew are in the audience, looking a bit bored...........

Linda

My favorite character is B'Elanna Torres :laugh:

I never would have guessed B'Elanna was your favorite character.................lol!!

I loved B'Elanna, she was one of those 'Im not gonna take any crap from anyone' sort of person. I admired her for being able to state her own opinion. I found it very interesting that she was a klingon/human hybrid, that made for some great storylines about her not being able to come to terms with being half klingon. My favorite B'Elanna episode was Lineage.

I would have to say that Janeway was my favorite Voyager character.

Linda

Well,when Voyager first started out I was developing a fondness for Seska.I thought she was going to be a great Maquis character,and was looking forward to her relationship with Chakotay developing further,and seeing her struggles to adapt to Starfleet life,etc.

I enjoyed the Doctor.It was fun watching the character "evolve" toward true sentience over the course of the shows 7-seasons.I also liked Neelix.

:lol:

My favourite character is Kathryn Janeway. I found this description of her at: http://www.eidnet.org/local/davehill/old/capkate.htm it sums up very well my appreciation of Voyager’s Captain.

“THE CAPTIVATING CAPTAIN KATHRYN JANEWAY

By Jen Hill (http://www.eidnet.org/local/davehill/old/jenindex.htm)

The moment she steps on the bridge, the air crackles with intensity. From the minute she opens her mouth, we listen intently to her words. Every nuance, every movement speaks volumes about our favorite character aboard the Federation Starship Voyager. You know who I speak of, Captain Kathryn Janeway.

Why is she so fascinating? Why does she inspire us? How is it that we can watch her religiously, critique her on every decision, analyze her thoughts, her feelings, her actions? What is it about the Captain of Voyager that makes our dreams take hold, our minds make up new scenarios and situations, and our mouths drop in disbelief?

I speak as a fan of Kate Mulgrew and of Kathryn Janeway. I also speak as a writer who finds great joy and pleasure in writing, especially in taking my hand to the myriad of adventures that surrounds the Starship Voyager. Every since day one, there was something about Kathryn Janeway that intrigued me, maybe her devotion to her crew, maybe her absolute control, maybe everything that she was. Trying to come to grips on my obsession with the Captain of Voyager, I think that I've finally got it figured out.

I want to be her. I want to be flying in uncharted space with my technology in one hand and my wits in the other. I want to be intoxicated with the discoveries of the universe, I want to explore and discover new worlds and new civilizations. I want to be the one who dares taste Neelix's cooking, and it is I who will practice tennis in the ready room. I will be the one who will dare stand up to the Kazon, who will dare sacrifice her life for a member of her crew, who will dare to defy the laws of the universe time and again. It is me.

Watching Voyager enables me to transcend the monotony of this existence, the endless repititions of day-to-day life, enables me to fly in that starship, to take command. In this sense, Kathryn Janeway is not merely Jeri Taylor and Kate Mulgrew and a figment of someone's imagination. Captain Janeway is me. And in a world where technology is just beginning to overwhelm us, when social problems are getting worse and worse, where disease and death reign, it brings me peace to think of an existence where these things merely do not exist. And if they do, they will eventually be conquered and brought low due to the enigmatic power of humanity. It is a bright future to look forward to, where science merely exists to bring joy, and humanity has the power to overcome its technology.

The power of Star Trek lies in that everyone wishes to believe that such a future could exist. That space exploration and the meeting of different peoples and civilizations is actually a reality, not a promise of better things to come. But it was not merely Star Trek that led me to realize this. It was also the amazing character of Captain Janeway that led me to this conclusion.

The Captain of the starship Voyager has so totally enthralled me that I almost come to the point in believing that she actually does exist. Her experiences captivate me, her intellect motivates me, her compassion shames me, and her entire being is the catalyst of my creative soul. I don't know how else to put it. Kathryn Janeway does exist. She has been the single driving force in my struggle for literacy, her character cries out to me, she fascinates me to the point that she is raised on my pedestal, being more than human, and more than captain, and almost to the point of being a deity. I guess it is because of that reason that I feel the need to humble her, to bring her down to the earth, to give her experiences that will teach her that she is but human. And if she could but believe in me as much as I believe in her, then she finally understand that her mission is not just to get her crew home, but to stand as an idol for the thousands of people who feel the same as I do.

As I watch her, week after week, I sometimes wonder if she is aware of us. If that through some awesome telepathic ability, she is able to sense and respond to the feelings and cares of a generation that cries out for her. That she understands the incredible responsibility of being an idol, of being a role model for a new generation that believes so whole-heartedly in the blessings of the future. My Captain Janeway does understand this, and it motivates her to greater heights never before dreamed. It is for us that she battles the hidden beasts, it is for us that she keeps striking out into unknown depths, it is for us that she makes a stand in her integrity, day after day, knowing that home is so very far away. For as she is real to us, we are real to her.

I think that brings me to Kate Mulgrew. I adore her! Without her, my Captain Janeway would not exist. She breathes life and soul into the person up there in the heavens. I think she also understands the great responsibility she has, to be a link between the REAL Captain Janeway, the one that cares and understands our innermost thoughts and feelings, and the character she plays every week on TV. Kate Mulgrew lends so much heart and soul to her creation that it prompts us to believe in the existence of Captain Janeway. Call me crazy if you will, but I will be forever indebted to Kate Mulgrew for bringing Captain Janeway into my life.

Through the influence of Captain Janeway, I have been given wings to fly. I have struck out on my own, knowing that other women have done so before me. I have been able to bring a quality of depth to my writing that I have never had before. With the shining light of Janeway behind me, I will soar to heights only before imagined. Through the example of Captain Janeway, I have been given the power and the courage to write better and imagine more than ever. And when all is said and done, I will stand high, head proud, and tell the world that Captain Janeway was the greatest influence in my life, and a debt goes to Kate Mulgrew for bringing her to me.

So, thank you, Kate Mulgrew. You have given me a gift whose worth is more than the most precious gold, whose gentle hand guides my dreams, and whose power affects every aspect in my life. God bless you and keep you, to help you keep inspiring people like me to become like Captain Kathryn Janeway.”