Sign in to follow this  
Riaan

Hurricane Isabel

Although my area is not in the path of the hurricane, I have been keeping an eye on her. I was wondering who among us will be feeling her wrath? VBG how are you fairing? Good luck to those who will feel her fury. As someone who has survived numerous hurricanes, I sincerely hope you don't get too much damage.

Luckly I live in Western NC so I get to avoid the full force of Isabel but I bet we are in for some rain later on.

I'm in Gettysburg, so i'm just on the outer rim of it. Just alot of wind & Rain. i'm pretty concerned about VBG, I was just looking at a map and the eye is pretty close to him.

I saw a news story from VB, it said all the power is out but the worst has passed except for the cleanup. I'm sure VBG will be/is ok, he'll be here just as soon as he is able so put away all coup blueprints. :blink:

The Storm in V. B.

I live in the central part of NC. We are currently experiencing high winds and rain, with lots of blowing debris ( mostly twigs and leaves) and some power outages. It is currently about 7:30 (9/18/03) pm. It has been raining more than eight hours. Public schools let out around noon; some stayed closed. The storm will pass by 6am tomorrow morning, and public schools are on normal schedules tomorrow.

I was in touch with some of my friends on the Outer Banks of North Carolina (I lived there for 11 years and hopefully I'll go back to live there.) They are all fine and they had a great party. After they lost power my friend Don cranked up his generator and they sat out the storm watching "24" on DVD and drinking beer.

They pretty much took the full brunt of Isabelle for awhile and after the eye passed they went out and looking at the damage. It was mostly trees blown down and a couple of houses were destroyed from ocean waters going over the dunes (Of course we don't feel sorry for these people because they were stupid enough to build their homes ON the dunes!)

No deaths or injuries reported from the Outer Banks today, mostly hang-overs from all the Hurricane partiers that remained on the island.

I live just outside of Washington, DC. I had to go out at the height of the storm, and am still sporting bruises. I won't have power, electricity or running water for a week, and forget about the phones.

Hope everyone farther south is alright.

i hope VBG returns soon, i am concerned for his saftey.

As for me, im in Australia...so good luck to any, and all, in Isabells path, ive been keeping an eye on our news reports.