Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

[S]Anomaly

Anomaly, the second episode of season 3 wasn't at all what I expected....

Click for Spoiler:

The name inferes anomalies, but the episode is a fast paced action episode.

The episdoe was exciting, but what made it good was the darker side to Archer. Sticking the Osarian in the decompression airlock was something I've wanted to see. I don't want Archer to be unethical, but as we all know, the lives of everyone on Earth are at stake. I felt that the airlock scene ephasized these risks. Great character development.

Edited by poguemahone

yes it was a great episode. i also enjoyed archers developement as an emotional being. the anomolies were cool too.

Click for Spoiler:

next question will they actually insulate with the trillium d?

:tear:

Edited by cptwright

Click for Spoiler:

The look on Archer's face when he pulled the drape back around the bed where Fuller lay was really intense. I had to rewind and watch that part a couple of times. And the end when he's alone in the tactical room with the reflected database crawling all over his face gave me chills.

I wonder if he'll allow himself the support of his friends. Right now he seems to be pushing eveyone away. His focus is so single minded.

Can't wait for more.

I wonder if he'll allow himself the support of his friends. Right now he seems to be pushing eveyone away. His focus is so single minded.

I noticed that, too. Trip tried to get him to talk, but Jon brushed him aside with a short, "make sure the weapons are on-line" or something similar. I believe this is intentional and could set up good story.

I thought the ep. was cool even though I thougt the maco's were slow in responding in the beging but I did notice that I did not see the "dirty" uniforms they were wearing weren't their. Question do you think that was a dysons sphear?

I can tell you now that it wasn't a Dyson Sphere. The Dyson Sphere concept was concieved in the 19th century by a scientist named Dyson. The concept is a massive hollow sphere, constructed arround a star, using it as an energy source, and having the inner surface of the shell be where the inhabbitants live. Kind'a like an inside out planet, the size of a small solar system.

What can I say...It was a great episode!

My only complaint is the title. It didn't exactly fit the action. Although they showed some strange things occurring on the ship---plates flying in the mess, Archer's coffee and mug levitating, the decks rolling---the episode didn't deal with the anomalies and the effects on the ship and her crew.

I like the direction ENT is taking! It looks like we are in for an exciting season!

Click for Spoiler:

This was a really good episode. The special effects were fantastic; they're doing some really cool stuff these days. The action was excellent; the invading portion of the episode was really tense and well directed. I'm really starting to like the direction that they're going with Archer. He is becoming more of a military style commander than an explorer, kind of like Sisko and I predict it will create some conflict among the crew, which we all know makes for good drama.

Also, the ship battles were well done (they can do so much more with computer stuff than models) and the other ship crashing into the sphere was just one of the small things that made this episode enjoyable. And, this is a minor thing but the music was especially good this episode.

Overall 10/10

Edited by ~Crims~

It was definitely a great episode. And seeing Archer in a more angry state is a good thing, and could lead to a great story arc, as long as they do not take it to far.