Sign in to follow this  
Essoq

Brent, Not Data

What's the best non-trek role Brent Spiner has had in movies.  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best non-trek role Brent Spiner has had in movies.

• The scientist in Independence Day
    • The shrink in Phenomenon
    • The bad guy in Master of Disguise
    • Other

I thought Brent was great as Dr. Okun Brackish in Independence Day!!! That character rocked!!!! He was the best thing about the movie in my opinion.

I thought Master of Disguise sucked big time but damn he looked sexy with the goatee.

I really enjoyed Brent's role in Introducing Dorothy Dandridge with Halle Berry. He was excellent in that.

He is such a terrific actor that even when a movie sucks big time he is the best thing about the movie in my totally unbiased opinion anyway. :tear:

Stardate:213712.9

I cant remeber the name of the character but he was on the movie "Out to Sea"with Walkter Matthau and Jack Lemmon.I thought he played a good roll in that

I must admit I haven't seen him in other movies except in "Independence Day" as a scientist :huh:

So I picked Independence Day. It took me a while to recognize him :huh: :tear:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Stardate:213712.9

I cant remeber the name of the character but he was on the movie "Out to Sea"with Walkter Matthau and Jack Lemmon.I thought he played a good roll in that

That character's name was Gil Godfried. He was their "worst nightmare. A song and dance man raised on a military base." He was great in that movie too. This is a gif someone made from the closing credits of the movie.

dancing.gif

Edited by Takara_Soong

I voted for the Area 51 scientist from Independence day.That is one of my favorite films,if a little overly optimistic about humanity's chances in a real-world defense scenario against such alien agressors.I have Master of Disguise on DVD,but have only watched it once with my children.I hated it.they loved it.And,I have not yet seen Phenomenon.

Somethin like a Phenomenon..something like a Phenomenon..Thank you L.L Cool J..I dug Spiner in this flic the most.

I have Master of Disguise on DVD,but have only watched it once with my children.I hated it.they loved it.

I have Master of Disguise on DVD too but haven't watched it more than a couple of times and even then it was my fingers firmly on the mute and fast forward buttons - skipped past Dana Carvey's part. LOL

Guest Mike_Hines01

I had to vote for the scientist in Independance Day, since its the only film outside of Star Trek that I've seen him in.

As the scientist he was so goofy...

He was better on Broadway as Adams in 1776

I voted Other because there were so many things he was good in! I've seen ID, Phenom., MOD (he was the only good thing in it) Intro. Dorothy Dandridge, and Hey, Dude... He was a shoe salesman in a Sean Penn movie,too.

Did anyone see him as Bob Wheeler in Night Court? He also did Outer Limits, Cheers, Tales from the Darkside, and a couple of shows I can't remember the names of. He was good in all of them, but I'm a big fan of his, so I may be biased.

Did I leave anything out? BTW, my fave is (are) ID, Night Court & the Disney movie.

I did leave something out - It's a Girl Thing, and "the Disney 'Pinochio' movie about Gepetto". (bad spelling?)

Edited by incontinentia

I love Brent as Data, perhaps I'm Italian and here we haven't seen so many movies as you in USA. I have seen Phenomenon, but I don't like him there.

I think that he hasn't played so much on TV, and it's a very pity for us all!

bye

star rose :grin:

'Dude... Where's my car' is a funny film. He was the wierd French guy who owned the Ostrich ranch and had that supiciously camp guy called Mark in a cage yeah?

I have seen the character of the scientist in Independence Day. He was horrible: he had long grey hair and even a baird!!! Brent in this movie dies, but in a better way as in Nemesis. However, he is symphathic.

His greatest role was that of Data, in my opinion.

bye

I voted INDEPENDENCE DAY,he was ok in DUDE WHERE'S MY CAR,

i dont think i have seen phenomenon so i cant comment on it :frusty: