Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

ARGO - Shuttle and Jeep

Personally, I loved the ARGO Shuttle and Jeep. Who said they're can't be vehicles with wheels in Trek? I think it'd be a lot easier to find something with a Jeep then a Shuttle. Just my opinion, especially when sensors won't work or when you're shuttles engines might attract a storm. I think that was why they used the Argo, Geordi said something about a plasma storm effecting transporters.

Anywho, what did you think?

Since the Argo jeep is real, and not a special effect or set piece: If you were given the chance to be trained and drive it for a weekend, would you? This is just a bonus question. hehe :force:

I liked the Jeep and the shuttle. It looks good, I also enjoyed the glasses the drivers have to wear :force:

I loved the scene with the car in Nemesis though I know many people disliked it.

And, for your bonus question: I would drive it... if I had a driver license :) (I haven't made it yet though I could do so... :rofl: )

Mrs. Captain Picard

I loved the look of the car... it was great. The shuttle was cool, too, with the remote control and all.

Would I drive it? I would! I wouldn't go fast or do anything dangerous, but if I had the proper training to drive an off-road vehicle such as that, sure I'd drive it. I'd much rather be passenger with Picard or Data at the wheel. Preferably Data, as he seems to be the safer driver!

that jeep reminds me of the xbox game called Halo.Yes, I would take chance to be trained and use the jeep.

Stardate:213704.9

I thought the same thing!!!

Anyways i loved that scene with the ARGO and it would of been better if they hadnt a scene at the end.In the Nemisis script after they get back into the shuttle Worf looks at Picard and says"Captian i believe there is some Klingon blood in you!!!!!!!" :force: I wish they would of left that in there.

I would definitly drive that Jeep.That would be awsome!!!

That Jeep was great and as for the remote control shuttle,what a great idea.

As for the bonus question,I don't drive but if I could I would love to drive that thing.

Stardate:213707.9

I am not sure.It does not say anything in the script but i will look around to see if i can find out.

By the way i got that quote wrong here is an exact quote from the script

PICARD

Mister Data.  Let’s make like the wind.

Data punches some buttons on a dashboard console --and the Argo LIFTS OFF by remote control--

Data uses the console to swing the Argo around and lower the rear cargo doors --it hovers over the surface--

Picard floors the jeep -- using a natural rise in the terrain as a ramp -- the jeep FLIES THROUGH THE AIR -- over the aliens -- and into the cargo bay--

INT. ARGO --CARGO BAY FOLLOWING

Picard slams on the brakes --the jeep screeches to a stop as the doors shut and the Argo shoots into the air.

Picard climbs from the jeep. He nonchalantly rubs a bit of dirt from the hood and then disappears into the main cabin.

Data and Worf remain in the jeep for a beat, stunned.

WORF (smiles)

He must have Klingon blood.

Oh, this must have been such a great scene! I am soooo disappointed that it was not in the movie :o :bow:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Hmmm, I've never read the script. I refrained before the movie was released, so as not to spoil it. Maybe it's time to go back and read the script. :o

But, yeah, I loved the Argo Shuttle and jeep. I would certainly take the jeep for a spin if given the opportunity. I'm always up for a little adventure.

Finding the B4's pieces could have been accomplished using the shuttle but I was thrilled to see something done that until NEM, I had only ever read in about in a OS novel. I think it was Spocks World, McCoy and a Vulcan used one similar to cross The Forge.

Edited by Alterego

I've got no problem with wheeled vehicles in Trek.They would have needed some wheeled and treaded vehicles during the Dominion War,or so it seems to me.You can't very well hold a planet or ground positions with ships alone.And it makes more sense to augment your ground forces with heavy armor and military vehicles.

I LOVED THE ARGO SHUTTLE AND THE GROUND VEHICLE.

I'VE WONDERED FOR YEARS WHY STARFLEET AWAY TEAMS TRANSPORTED DOWN TO A PLANET AND THEN WALKED RATHER THAN SURVEY IN A VEHICLE OF SOME TYPE (Especially when the survey takes place over a large area of land).AND IT'S A THROWBACK TO THE APOLLO ASTRONAUTS NEAT LITTLE LUNAR DUNE BUGGY.

I LOVED THE ARGO SHUTTLE AND THE GROUND VEHICLE.

I'VE WONDERED FOR YEARS WHY STARFLEET AWAY TEAMS TRANSPORTED DOWN TO A PLANET AND THEN WALKED RATHER THAN SURVEY IN A VEHICLE OF SOME TYPE (Especially when the survey takes place over a large area of land).AND IT'S A THROWBACK TO THE APOLLO ASTRONAUTS NEAT LITTLE LUNAR DUNE BUGGY.

Me,too.

It makes sense to have some sort of non-shuttle ground transport.

Nah,TB...after spending all that time pent up in a starship I'd imagine they love the opportunity for a little walking and sight-seeing on some new planet.Unlike the holodeck,they'd have fresh air(even when it smells funny),and the knowledge that they were in a real environment.

Still,that said,I liked the little jeep/dune buggy vehicle and the Argo shuttle.I'd like to see a humvee version! :huh: