Sign in to follow this  
RikerChick

Funny quotes

We have a funny quotes thread for quotes from other board members, but this one is for funny quotes from anywhere. Keep it clean please.

From a friend's blog post with pictures from her wedding...

Entering the reception to the Doctor Who theme through an arch of Ewok spears. What, that's not normal? :vbg:

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly." - Mr. Carlson, WKRP in Cincinnati

"I'm always amused by visual representations of Jesus. They are not even remotely culturally accurate. I can't say for sure, since I wasn't around back then, but in my heart of hearts I just know Jesus wasn't a Bee Gee."

"You can have your Tiger Woods, we’ve got Senator McCain.”

Former Army Staff Sergeant David Bellavia - introducing McCain to a crowd

"What did he just say?"

Dabo Girl

2653006742_9acf081b3f_m.jpg

Walking to see the national pastime with my little man :blush:

"It's like that nature show you know, where the snake eats an antelope in one bite and you're thinking impossible, and then it unhinges it's jaw and in it goes! Well giving birth is just like that only the other direction." Kitty - That 70's Show

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who tries to screw up your day...and may their arms be too short to scratch.

A text message to Robert from one of his sales reps. :blush:

"Arizona drivers can't drive in the rain. It's due to the amount of sun we get all year, we get a mental block. We all go "AAAGGHHH! What are these water droplets falling from the sky?! My car's not equipped for this!!" - Guy on Sports Radio 910

Ok one more. Mark on the dangers of jogging at night as a black man. There was more to it than this but this is the part that made me choke on my Sprite. :laugh:

Well, gee, Mark, why don't you just wear glow in the dark shoes or something?" Because I'm blacker than 11:59, and when I wear glow in the dark shoes people think there's no body attached to them because I'm so black. They probably think to themselves, "Ahhh! Ghost shoes!", and go out of their way to make me window licorice.

Caught in passing: "I don't think we can make it in time but we can make it." :laugh:

:blink: :blink: you passed me somehow? Haha sounds like something I would say when I am freaked out about time.

"Hopefully Jesus won't judge you on the size and frequency of your bowel movements" - non_horation (member of a different board)

Me: What did you do while mommy was gone?

Rachael: I fed the yeti corn pops.

Hey, at least they stayed out of trouble

"When I mention we are strongly considering home-schooling our children, we are without fail asked, "But what about socialization?" Fortunately, we found a way our kids can receive the same socialization that government schools provide. On Mondays and Wednesdays, I will personally corner my son in the bathroom, give him a wedgie and take his lunch money. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, my husband will make sure to tease our children for not being in the "in" crowd, taking special care to poke fun of any physical abnormalities. Fridays will be "Fad and Peer Pressure Day." We will all compete to see who has the coolest toys, most expensive clothes and the loudest, fastest and most dangerous car. Every day, my husband and I will adhere to a routine of cursing and swearing in the hallways and mentioning our weekend exploits with alcohol and immorality. If our kids attempt to use the bathroom without permission, we will punish them immediately. And we have asked them to report us to the authorities in the event we mention God or try to bring up morals and values." - Stellaluna

:lick:

"Nine-tenths of good radio is preparation. The other tenth is just trying not to burp into the microphone." KSLX (classic rock station)

Other winners included a US-Israeli study into how a finger up the rectum cures hiccups and a report into why woodpeckers do not get headaches. - BBC article

Welcome to Lake Wobegon, where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average.

Garrison Keillor

"Hypocrisies shine like cat turds in the moonlight!"

(credit goes to my sister for finding that one and making me choke on my coffee when I read it)

"The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa."

Dubya - State of the Union Address (1/28/2003) :P

"What do you do, sit on the street corner licking your eyebrows?" - overheard passing some guys at Target. :) I have no idea lol.

"Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet." - Dave Barry

This quote had me laughing Sg1 fans may remember it

O'neil: Lucy I'm back

Teal'c: How do I know your back you juct called me lucy

I loved that quote so much

"Dear Higher Beings,

You are aware that Bam-Bam was, in fact, a cartoon character and was in no way meant to be turned into an actual human being, right? So could you tell me how I ended up with the Bam-Bam reincarnate? If you could just get this little problem fixed ASAP, I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much!

Love, Me"

Anonymous @ http://truemomconfessions.com