Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Must see places to visit....

Odies photos of the Grand Canyon got me thinking - I think that's definitely one of those must see places everyone wants to visit once. What other points of interest do you think are in that category?

Each state has something that is a must see. It is very hard to decide on which ones are so important than the other.

I want to see the Grand Canyon, too. When I was in Tucson for Thanksgiving I tried getting my wife and her family to make a detour to it, but they wouldn't go for it. Wrong side of the state... :bag:

I'd also like to go to Hawaii and see some active volcanoes.

I've been to the Grand Canyon twice and would love to go back and to see it fron the North Rim. It is magnificent and a must see.

For me Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks are similar must sees. The geysers & geothermal features, & the lakes & valleys of Yellowstone, and the accesible valleys, lakes & possibilities of seeing wildlife & varied hiking in the Grand Tetons make those two parks my personal favorites and must sees.

In Canada I would add Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper Park to that list, including the Athabaska Glacier. The scenery is breath-taking, with wonderful hiking possibilities.

I would also add Gettysburg Battlefield and Park to the list. I have travelled there twice and have been deeply moved each time by the history and spirit of the place and the sacrifices that were made there.

As far as a man-made place, I think everyone should visit the Washington DC area. The Capitol, Supreme Court, White House, Arlington National Cemetery and the many monumnets there are absolute must sees for every American imo.

As far as a man-made place, I think everyone should visit the Washington DC area. The Capitol, Supreme Court, White House, Arlington National Cemetery and the many monumnets there are absolute must sees for every American imo.

I've been to DC twice, and I still did see everything I wanted to see during my trip.

Well I know not everyone would agree so this is a matter of personal taste, but to me a must see is Graceland. As a lifelong and diehard Elvis fan, it's a sort of Mecca. I've been there once and would love to go back one day.

I've been to DC twice, and I still did see everything I wanted to see during my trip.

Having grown up just 5 miles from DC I used to go there frequently, both on school field trips and during the summer with my mother and brothers. Sometimes even on my own, like in 1985 for President Reagan's second innuguration (which ended up being cancelled because of the frigid temps but I went anyway because it got me out of school for the day lol).

The National Air and Space Museum was my all time favorite place on the Mall but I loved some of the others too. I can only remember getting to the White House (inside) once though and that was while Richard Nixon was the resident of the house.

My most recent visit was in 2005 and I posted pics in the Photo Gallery if anyone's interested... http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?auto...user&user=1

I guess "must see" depends on your own individual interests. I'm a western American history buff so a lot of the old West places like Tombstone,Az and Deadwood, SD are "must-see" places for me but may not appeal to other people. In a few weeks I'll be scratching off a few places I've always wanted to go off of my list when I go to Deadwood, Mt. Rushmore and Custer National Park.

There are several places that I would like to see..But I'm a realist, I know I never will..anyway, here's my list..

Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore, Golden Gate Bridge, Hawaii, Caledesi Island (Near Clearwater, Florida. Been there once and it's beautiful), The Alamo

Another "must see" for me is a Shuttle launch in Florida.

Yeah that would be at the top of my list of things to see if i ever went to the states :bag:

The grand canyon i see twice a week when debs mom bends over in her very lose jeans *shudder*..lol sorry i just had to say that couldnt let it pass.

The grand canyon i see twice a week when debs mom bends over in her very lose jeans *shudder*..lol sorry i just had to say that couldnt let it pass.

I knew Daniel well enough for an internet friend. Rest in peace. :(

Click for Spoiler:

When Deb reads it he will pay for it! :bag:

I knew Daniel well enough for an internet friend. Rest in peace. :(

Click for Spoiler:

When Deb reads it he will pay for it! :bag:

LMAO thats true hang is a deadman walking :poisonCC: but i wouldnt be The Hang if i let such a thing slip by..lol

Yeah that would be at the top of my list of things to see if i ever went to the states :(

I'm actually thinking about scheduling a week next year to spend in Orlando which is just 45 or so minutes away from the Kennedy Space Center and I believe a launch is scheduled for April of next year... :bag:

Yeah that would be at the top of my list of things to see if i ever went to the states :laugh:

:( I knew you had done something but boy your in for it now,you want hot sauce hahahah i got some for you :bag:

I believe a launch is scheduled for April of next year...

My birthday is in april so i will send Hang there for a trip and mabe you could some how tie him to the shuttle as a birthday presant to me :poisonCC:

Edited by DutchDebbie

Yeah that would be at the top of my list of things to see if i ever went to the states :laugh:

:( I knew you had done something but boy your in for it now,you want hot sauce hahahah i got some for you :bag:

I believe a launch is scheduled for April of next year...

My birthday is in april so i will send Hang there for a trip and mabe you could some how tie him to the shuttle as a birthday presant to me :poisonCC:

It would be a great place to have a board get together like we had planned for Quarks in 2009. Do it at the Kennedy Space Center and tour the facilities and watch a launch. Then Disney World is just an hour away.