Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

MACO Uniforms

Ok, is it just me or does it look like the camoflauge on the MACO uniforms is meant to camofluage the MACO's with one thing: vomit. Those uniforms are hideous and they annoy me every time I see them on screen.

I thought they were dirty at first lol

so did i!

no matter how hard i tried, i couldnt see it as camofluage. it just looked like they just finished a mission and didnt wash their uniforms.

Yeah, they did look like they got a mess on themselves. And the female maco did kick serious butt. I was impressed! But I just can't get over the uniform... they just hurt my eyes. While I don't always think things have to be perfectly to my liking... these are just UNACCEPTABLE.... ahhh! lol, enough of my whining.... the maco's are still interesting regardless.

I thought the uniforms were just dirty too. But I agrre that the Commandos kicked but. They just picked those amateurs off quickly and efficently. One hit an enemy right between the eyes. It made me think "Hooyah"!

I thought they were dirty at first lol

Stardate:213693.9

I thought the same thing.When they showed them i thought"did they just get done rolling in the dirt or what"

Click for Spoiler:

I think the uniforms kick big time *buttocks*! Looky here, take the evolution of camouflage over time, green for the jungles, whites and tans for the desert, the MACOS are camouflaged for SPACE, See the evolution now?

ENT ROCKS! :clap:

At first I thought they had gotten downwind of a paint sprayer!

Well, I think that the designers could have been a little more creative in the designs for the MACO's. They had that speckled look...which works for space I guess (not too much greenery in space).

But to have a black or silver-like fabric that shifted color so as to match the surroundings would have been a nice touch (think chameleon scales).

Hopefully, we'll get to see them change uniforms. after all, the US isn't wearing green camouflage in the middle east and we don't wear beige in the Arctic.

:clap:

Hopefully, we'll get to see them change uniforms. after all, the US isn't wearing green camouflage in the middle east and we don't wear beige in the Arctic.

We have green uniforms in Afghanistan. :clap: . Our government has really cut back on military spending. (Just look at our ancient helicopters and jets!)

(But we WERE wearing the right colour of uniform on St. Patrick's day! LOL.

If you take a look at new USMC uniforms, there camo sceme, while still green, desert, etc. color, has almost the same pattern. And there ugly too.

I expected this uniform. A jumpsuit, because this is Star Trek, and thats what people wear in the future. And the camo because its just the natural evolution of current uniforms. Currently, they aren't developing big uniforms (other then Land Warrior) but are developing jumpsuit like combat uniforms.

:tear:

Does anyone have a pic of a MACO trooper? I still haven't seen any of Season 3 here.

B)

Edited by Alterego

Does anyone have a pic of a MACO trooper? I still haven't seen any of Season 3 here.

B)

Sorry Garzo, I had no luck finding a pic of the MACO uniforms. B)

B)

Sorry Garzo, I had no luck finding a pic of the MACO uniforms. B)

Tada! Heres a glimpse...

The%20MOCO%202.jpg

i kinda like the uniforms. i am an army vet (i was in the scout platoon in 2-14 inf, 10th mountain div) so i can speak a bit about camo. i think the camo pattern is quite good. it looks like it would have the ability to blend into a wide variety of enviroments. it is nice and splotchy so it would probably break up the outline rather well, though the uniforms look a bit tight - if you notice most military uniforms have a slightly baggy appearance to help break up your outline. i wonder a bit about the abcense of helmets - a brain bucket will save your life.

i also wonder about the rank system. reed's rank would correspond to a captain in the army or marines. i don't know why a major would call him sir. anyone have any ideas on this?

i also wonder about the rank system.  reed's rank would correspond to a captain in the army or marines.  i don't know why a major would call him sir.  anyone have any ideas on this?

The only reason I could think of would be if the Major is assigned to Ships security as a subordinate command making Lt. Reed his commanding officer. Even though he outranks him he still has to answer to him as his commanding officer, or section chief.

I was with the 57th Signal Battalion, 3rd Signal Brigade at Fort Hood, Tx. when I was in the Army. I got out in 1990 though so it's been a while, it's always great to meet a fellow Army vet.

But to have a black or silver-like fabric that shifted color so as to match the surroundings would have been a  nice touch (think chameleon scales).

:o

That would be hella cool. I love that idea! :P

The uniforms don't really bother me. I wasn't surprised that they weren't camos since camos are pointless unless you know were you will be. Maybe if they had several different colors so they could were different ones in different environments.

I'm fighting the temptation to say "I like them better when they take them off." Seriously, I don't hate em or love them either. Don't really have a problem with them.

Although, if they're going for camo, how about black uniforms with bright white dots on them? B)

Edited by crusher disciple