Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Are Trekkies Weird?

Are Trekkies Weird?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Is it weird to have autographed pics hanging up in your home?

• Yes
    • Yes, you'll always be alone
    • No
    • No, there's nothing wrong with it
    • Other opinion?

That being said, in all the years of being a Trek fan, it's only within the last 3 that I've seen some seriously unstable people who happen to also like Trek. I think it's unfair to generalize one group as such.
You've been a member of this forum for three years... :Hmmm...:

:Hmmm...:

Yeah, but these nutters are over at ST.com. :P

I recieved a PM from a member once who was obessed with Geordi. It was a little disturbing. The kind where if I was LeVar Burton I'd worry about finding a bunny boiling on the stove. :Hmmm...:

I recieved a PM from a member once who was obessed with Geordi. It was a little disturbing. The kind where if I was LeVar Burton I'd worry about finding a bunny boiling on the stove. :Hmmm...:

:P

My girlfriend becomes alarmingly obsessed with actors/actresses sometimes. Her newest one is Robert Downing, Jr.

It's lasted all summer and is still going strong...I'm beginning to feel like the third wheel in her gushfest. :Hmmm...:

:rofl:

My girlfriend becomes alarmingly obsessed with actors/actresses sometimes. Her newest one is Robert Downing, Jr.

It's lasted all summer and is still going strong...I'm beginning to feel like the third wheel in her gushfest. :P

Well, this lady told me how LeVar was going to leave his wife for her and some other 'out there' stuff. :Hmmm...:

No I dont think so but it all depends where you have your Trek Stuff all my things are in a Book Cabinet (my Trek Books-Guides TNG Companion and also had a TV Guide Collectors Edition (The Farewell Guide To Star Trek:THe Next Generation all 7 years of it including my Star Trek Universe Cards (In 3 Binders all sorts of Topics ) and my TNG Die Cast Model of the Enterprise-D is also in a Cabinet near my Bed ( My Autographed Picture of a "Bare Chested" Michael Biehn I've it also within a few layers of a Photo Book I have (the Only Non-Trek related item I have).

No I dont think so but it all depends where you have your Trek Stuff all my things are in a Book Cabinet (my Trek Books-Guides TNG Companion and also had a TV Guide Collectors Edition (The Farewell Guide To Star Trek:THe Next Generation all 7 years of it including my Star Trek Universe Cards (In 3 Binders all sorts of Topics ) and my TNG Die Cast Model of the Enterprise-D is also in a Cabinet near my Bed ( My Autographed Picture of a "Bare Chested" Michael Biehn I've it also within a few layers of a Photo Book I have (the Only Non-Trek related item I have).

oh and forgot to mention I also have a transparent cutaway Poster of The U.S.S Enterprise NCC-1701-D.

I don’t think its weird. I have little momentos to star trek around my room, books, couple of signed photos, dvd and pictures with the stars. But as I’m only in a student room I don’t have much room for much else. When my boyfriend first came round I don’t think he even noticed but he does like star trek not as much as me tho. When I went to his room it was filled with electronic parts (resistors, LEDs etc…) and his room at his parent’s house was covered with pictures and books on planes. Everyone has there own interest. If I was like what people class as normal we won’t be together.

Other...

I'd be in heaven. I wouldn't want to leave

Perhaps that's why I spend so much time in my home..At times I still do think it's a bit wierd to have all this Trek stuff around..And recently I took much of it down and packed it away..But it was too strange..It certainly wasn't me so I put alot of it back up..It's not like many people come here anyway..It's just me here and I'm a firm believer that your home should be your sanctuary..I've always felt that you should surround yourself with love in your home..