Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holland

Most Disturbing TNG Episode

The one where Dexter Rimmick got his head blown-up by phaser fire from Picard and Riker....wow,I loved it but the cranium explosion was pretty daring for Trek

Too bad they never made a Rimmick action figure complete with exploding head!

:clap:

Define disturbing..

For me though "Conspiracy" was disturbing in a Twilight Zone kinda way.. :lol:

EDIT- Man I did it again... :clap: This is bevfanK I'm at my Grandmas house and I forgot to log out... :dude:

Edited by Gramfan

EDIT- Man I did it again... :clap: This is bevfanK I'm at my Grandmas house and I forgot to log out... :dude:

:lol: Bwahahahahaha.....

:wow:

Never really found an episode of ST disturbing as its always been a fairly 'clean' show, but if I had to pick a few moments then:

- Datalore - when Lore repeatedly starts kicking Data in the head. At one point I had not seen that episode for 6 or 7 years (since first transmission) but when I sawi it again it struck me how the show had changed and that the first season contained this sort of tension using such devices. Thats why I consider the first season to be the best.

-Where No Man Has Gone Before - I suppose that Gary's mutated eyes do have a certain percualarity as the eyes are the windows to the human soul. Its always more effective when effects are toned down such as this.

But I found the most disturbing to be the case with the talking face in the episode where Troy almost gets married. :clap:

The one where Geordi was infected by some virus that caused him to mutate into something else really disturbed me.  I won't watch that episode again.

i like it ,ilove it ,i want somemore of it!!!! id have to say the one when woof was travling through the time (dimentions) .....it SUCKED!!!!!!!!!

I found Frame Of Mind disturbing the first time I watched it during it's original run, I guess I would have been 12 or something. Now I just find it very clever and enjoyable. :clap:

I found Frame Of Mind disturbing the first time I watched it during it's original run, I guess I would have been 12 or something. Now I just find it very clever and enjoyable. :clap:

I don't know if I'd have described it as disturbing, but this would be the only episode that I would put into that category too.

I would like to quickly add any episodes that deal with Klingon food :clap:

Can their possibly be a race with worse cuisine? :lol:

I kind of doubt it....

Give me Bajoran hasperate anyday....looks yummy! :dude:

Depending on what you consider disturbing I would have to go with Chain of Command (mostly part 2). The scenes of Picard being tortured are soooo powerful. It is an amazing episode.

Stardate:213685.9

Im not sure what the episode is called but its the TNG episode where Geordi and Deanna find that woman inside the floor with half her body sticking up.That really disturbed me.Also cant think of this epidsodes name either but its the one where that officer commits sucicide and Deanna has those telepathic visions

Im not sure what the episode is called but its the TNG episode where Geordi and Deanna find that woman inside the floor with half her body sticking up.That really disturbed me.Also cant think of this epidsodes name either but its the one where that officer commits sucicide and Deanna has those telepathic visions

Ya, I was going to say that the most disturbing one for me would be Eye Of The Beholder, but I couldn't decide. :clap:

i agree with Takara_Soong on the Chain Of Command....that was powerful stuff!

I have to agree, too.

I am honest if I say I cannot watch Chain Of Command, Part II. I have seen it one time, but there won't be a second time. :clap:

I am sorry if this might sound childish or something but it hurts me too much to see this :dude:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Edited by Mrs.Picard

I think the Schisms episode was very unsettling. The fact that the dark cowled creatures from another dimendion can kidnap someone hack or experiment on you almost at will is frightening. Plus their language (clicks) was creepy too.

Edited by Admiral Kirk

I found Frame Of Mind disturbing the first time I watched it during it's original run, I guess I would have been 12 or something. Now I just find it very clever and enjoyable. :tear:

never saw this until i got the dvd, but it freaked me out so much that i won't watch it again...

Yes, Schizms was bvery disturbing for a trek episode. I thought Frame of Mind was fantastically disturbing too! It seems as if Riker had an aptitude for those kind of episodes. Conspiracy is another good one.... riker was key there too! Now here is one that nobody has mentioned yet: Timescape. I found that the stillness of everything was very errie and creepy. Time Squared where the crew encounters a duplicate Picard on a an Enterprise shuttle has a very eerie feel to it as well. Schizms takes the cake with me though. When I think about it, there are lots of episodes that fall under this category. More so than the other treks in my opinion.

I am sorry if this might sound childish or something but it hurts me too much to see this  :tear:

It doesn't seem childish at all, it was an unsettling episode. I don't know when the last time was that I watched it. Chain Of Command was never my favorite episode anyway, but the torture in episode 2 was one of the reasons for that.

I am sorry if this might sound childish or something but it hurts me too much to see this  :(

It doesn't seem childish at all, it was an unsettling episode. I don't know when the last time was that I watched it. Chain Of Command was never my favorite episode anyway, but the torture in episode 2 was one of the reasons for that.

I know what you mean, :lol:

I have thought about this: I am sure, if it had been another officer being tortured by the Cardassians I would be able to watch the episode (it would also be very disturbing but not THAT disturbing like it is for me now).

And I have to agree, "Schisms" is also very disturbing. I hate this alien clicking voice, too :bow:

And "Frame Of Mind" is also one of those disturbing episodes though it is so shocking to see Riker scream "I AM NOT CRAZY"... :lol: :tear: (excellent work done by Jonathan Frakes)

Mrs. Captain Picard

The one with the woman dropping through the floor was the B-story of In Theory. I can't watch that episode either but not for that reason - I just hate Jenna D'Sora.

I watched relics last nite...and its just sad to see our beloved scotty become useless in the 24th century with no friends left alive (admiral bones would be like 130 and spock is still stuck on romulus)...i mean talk about a bad way to go...at least kirk technically died in the prime of his life in the line of duty saving his ship (1701-:tear: or at least the namesake of his ship .... sucks to be scotty i thought at the end of the episode...

Chain of Command 2. It was just too hard to watch Picard being tortured. But that just shows what a great actor Patrick Stewart is.

I chose Dark Page.I wept when I watched this film,as I too experienced the tragic and untimely loss of a child (I and my wife's first,to SIDs).Its a feeling that no parent can truly put into words.And despite everything,no matter the circumstances,you still blame yourself...feel that there was something you should have done,or could have done.

my most disturbing is an ent intstead of tng but its the one where the vulcan dude says that the people that went into the expanse suffered "complete anotomic inversion" and that they were still alive... *shudder*

Yes, there is a disturbing episode were Cmdr. Riker goes to a Klingon ship through an exchange program(so to speak)with the Klingons. The part that disturbed me was when he ate live worms. The thought of that huge bowl sitting there with live worms in it is gross! :assimilated:

I would like to quickly add any episodes that deal with Klingon food :lol:

Can their possibly be a race with worse cuisine? :naughty:

Yeah, the British. ;)

For me, I'd have to say "The Game." That's the only one that gave me a nightmare the night after seeing it.