Sign in to follow this  
Riaan

Tox Uthat

OK, I'm just throwing this out there for what its worth...

I just got through watching "Captain's Holiday" this morning. In it the Vorgons from the 27th century come back in time to tell Picard it is his destiny to find the Tox Uthat, a secret weapon (a quantum phase inhibiter) that was brought back in time by it's inventor and hidden in the 22nd century.

Do you think this might make an interesting continuity link between ENT and TNG?

Do you think the Vorgons, since they are time travellers, might play a role in the Temporal Cold War?

I haven't thought through any story lines, but thought the idea might make some interesting discussions for the board.

What are your thoughts?

It would be interesting but it would require the Enterprise to go back to Risa. Would TPTB see that as going backwards with the series? How far away is Enterprise from Risa now?

It is implied that the scientist hid the Tox Uthat on Risa--the Vorgons only stated that the scientist hid it in the 22nd century, not where. The Vorgons also state that Picard will "find" and destroy it on Risa.

What about something with the NX-02 discovering it on Risa (or any where else for that matter) and bringing it back to Earth. Sometime within the next few years, Earth discovers what it is and uses the Tox Uthat to destroy the Xindi sun. Down the road when the Federation is formed a few years later, part of the agreement is for Earth to destroy it. Instead, against the newly formed Federation's "sanctions", someone hides it on Risa where Vash discovers it and involves Jean-Luc.

Would something like that be plausible?

I really doubt that we will be seeing the Tox Uthat thingy. It was a good episode, but the mojaor point of the episode was really the Captain/Vash development. I really doubt they will create a connection to such an obscure time travel episode. They could come up with something new, that's beter that that. Perhaps we could see those aliens again, but for a different reason. Edited by Commander Bolivar

This is a complete tangent but it's eery how close the word Vorgon is to Vogon from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. If the episode does get done I hope we don't get recitations of bad poetry.

:tear: