Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Trivia Leaders Q&A Thread

Post all questions pertaining to the "Volunteers Wanted" subject here.

I'm confused. Has MrPsychic been deposed and is this a solicitation for someone to take his place?

No. MrPyschic is in the number one spot in the TL roster followed by WFO, (who replaces LOTB) in the second and rob39874 in the third.

If there are any questions do post them here and we'll get them answered..We are going into a 4 member rotation..

Week 1 -- 6/1 - 6/7 -- MrPsychic asks trivia questions

Week 2 -- 6/8 - 6/14 -- WishfireOmega asks trivia questions

Week 3 -- 6/15 - 6/21 -- Smith asks trivia questions

Week 4 -- 6/22 - 6/28 -- rob39874 asks trivia questions

Edited by SpaceTigger

So, what happened to LotB, anyways? Did he up and vanish again?

We tried to get in touch with him by PM and EMail and we never heard back from him..Haven't seen him online for a long time..I have no idea what happened to him..

My posting in on the 15th but some personal things have made me unable to post my Questions on that say if Smith doesnt mind can I switch to the week after

Thanks

My posting in on the 15th but some personal things have made me unable to post my Questions on that say if Smith doesnt mind can I switch to the week after

Thanks

What ya say Smith, can you post your questions a week earlier?

Just a thought. The trivia rankings are all pretty cool, in my opinion, except for the top ranking. "Super Q" is an invented designation never heard in Star Trek. A better choice for this topmost ranking, I think, would be something heard in the very first Trek episode ever aired: Great Bird of the Galaxy (in the TOS episode "The Man Trap"). Again, just a thought.

I don't know, "Great Bird of the Galaxy" doesn't exactly sound like it would be placed above Q. Maybe replacing Q with Great Bird, and Super Q with Q...

^ I see your point, though Gene Roddenberry's nickname was the Great Bird of the Galaxy, which kinda makes him the creator of all things Trek, including the Q. Still, I do see what you mean, and your suggestion also works.

Just a thought. The trivia rankings are all pretty cool, in my opinion, except for the top ranking. "Super Q" is an invented designation never heard in Star Trek. A better choice for this topmost ranking, I think, would be something heard in the very first Trek episode ever aired: Great Bird of the Galaxy (in the TOS episode "The Man Trap"). Again, just a thought.

I kinda like the idea David. Thanks for your suggestion..

I like that suggestion too. It could serve as a 'tip of the hat' to Gene Roddenberry as being above all things Trek as well.

^ I see your point, though Gene Roddenberry's nickname was the Great Bird of the Galaxy, which kinda makes him the creator of all things Trek, including the Q.

I haven't played trivia in ages so I feel weird posting here, but I really love that idea.

Posting at the same time again Kevin :cheers:

Edited by Mandy

Oooooh, I like David's idea, too!!! :cheers: (I thought some super Q input might be helpful. *hehe*) I like the Super Q rank as well, but David's kinda right, there was no super Q on Star Trek... hmm...

Yeah, I think (but could be wrong) that master_q came up with the rank of Super Q.

I think you're right. I believe it was indeed him who came up with the ranks, I think I remember him talking about the Super Q rank. But my memory isn't always the best. :cheers::cheers:

Yes, it was master q who came up with all the trivia ranks including Super Q..I do really like the idea of have Gene Roddenberry's 'Great Bird of the Galaxy' being the top trivia rank..

Ooooooh, I see that it has just been changed! Love it!!! :cheers: :cheers: :) *is very pleased* :drool:

Ooooooh, I see that it has just been changed! Love it!!! :cheers: :cheers: :) *is very pleased* :drool:

Yep, I was just coming here to mention the change but saw you posting and figured that you had noticed it lol. I like it too.

Just curious: what happened to the new rating?

New rating? The 'Great Bird of the Galaxy' Trivia rank? It's there..Looks like we still have you in the 'Special Guest' group..Would you like that changed to the 'Great Bird of the Galaxy' group?

Just curious: what happened to the new rating?

New rating? The 'Great Bird of the Galaxy' Trivia rank? It's there..Looks like we still have you in the 'Special Guest' group..Would you like that changed to the 'Great Bird of the Galaxy' group?

OK David..I see what you mean..The top rank now shows as Super Q in the Total Points thread..I'll change it back..

Okay, so last time I did trivia, one of my "questions" was one of those "find the differences" puzzles. While I'd like to keep doing that, I thought maybe it would be better as a "bonus points" kind of thing. (10 regular questions + 1 bonus.) The thing is, I was thinking that all of us, the trivia leaders, should do bonus. I'll do the "find the differences," someone else can do a word search, etc. If everyone's on board with the idea, that would be great, and maybe make trivia a bit more fun.

Is my trivia posting next Sunday I can't remember I have my questions ready just wondering is all so I can post them on time

Is my trivia posting next Sunday I can't remember I have my questions ready just wondering is all so I can post them on time

Yes, you post questions next sunday. Take a look at this topic to see the schedule.

Hey, I was wondering, could we put topics to be pinned in other forums to draw attention to trivia? Or perhaps do some sort of trivia-related contests? It would be great to get more people interested in trivia.