Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Pens to Shuffle lines for game 2

DETROIT (AP) ― Following their 4-0 drubbing on Saturday night, the Penguins are taking a proactive approach with coach Michel Therrien switching his lines.

Pascal Dupuis was dropped from captain Sidney Crosby's line and was replaced by Ryan Malone.

Dupuis instead skated with Jordan Staal and Tyler Kennedy.

Crosby said the players are accustomed to changing lines, having done it all season.

"I don't think it's a huge deal," he said. "I think nobody's role changes when they change lines. I think everyone is expected to do the same thing. It's just different looks and sometimes it depends on who coach wants to play certain lines against and how they match up."

In addition to the line changes, Therrien is going with 42-year-old Gary Roberts, who was upset about being scratched on Saturday.

Therrien was reluctant to change a lineup that hummed to a 12-2 record in the Eastern Conference playoffs.

The coach wanted to reward those who got the Penguins to the finals, but now feels the need to add a jolt in the form of Roberts, the oldest player on one of the league's youngest teams.

The Penguins are hoping Roberts' experience and playoff savvy will pay off against the Red Wings, who have won three Cups since 1997 and displayed a "been there, done that" consistency in Game 1.

yeah I am bummed, but going from dead last like 3 years ago to the Finals gives Pens fans hope, hey they arent the Pirates who knows what can happen, and maybe the home games might give them a boost

HA HA!! Penguins lost last night 3-0, I hpe the wings shut them out again for the next two games and bring the cup home! The penguins could stomp the Flyers but the wings are a different team than Philly.