Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The Weekly Chat

It has come to my attention that there has been a lot of inappropriate discussions taking place during the weekly chats. This has to stop or I'll have to close the chat room.

If you wish to have discussions of a more adult nature then use the PM system or use the second room that I've just created (Kronos). Asking who's naked or what sexual adventures that they've had in the weekly Star Trek Fans chat is unacceptable though.

Is there a reason why the curse filters aren't on in the chatroom? That might help?

Is there a reason why the curse filters aren't on in the chatroom? That might help?

The filters only hinder those that are willing to obey the rules though, others that don't want to follow any kind of societal standards just use creative ways to spell what they want to say to get around the filters. Not to mention the fact that not all phrases or words are in the filter, for instance if I'm in the chat room and a female member comes in and I always ask her what she's wearing and then complain because it isn't "sexy" enough for my imagination how would the filter help there?

Or if I constantly refer to an absent female member by calling her a part of the female anatomy as if that's her name and the filter catches it it's just a matter of re-spelling it in a way that the filter doesn't recognize it.

People just need to be considerate of everyone in the chat room and not act like it's a pre-teen locker room where "anything goes".

The filters only hinder those that are willing to obey the rules though, others that don't want to follow any kind of societal standards just use creative ways to spell what they want to say to get around the filters. Not to mention the fact that not all phrases or words are in the filter, for instance if I'm in the chat room and a female member comes in and I always ask her what she's wearing and then complain because it isn't "sexy" enough for my imagination how would the filter help there?

Or if I constantly refer to an absent female member by calling her a part of the female anatomy as if that's her name and the filter catches it it's just a matter of re-spelling it in a way that the filter doesn't recognize it.

People just need to be considerate of everyone in the chat room and not act like it's a pre-teen locker room where "anything goes".

I agree. We are trying to build up the weekly chat. That kind of stuff just drags it down.

I agree. We are trying to build up the weekly chat. That kind of stuff just drags it down.

Not only that but it turns people away from the site as a whole.

:blink: Kevin I am glad to see you taking this stance on inappropriate comments. though I have not made it to the chat room, other chats that I have been involved with that was a real turn off. Thanks again :rockon:

Just a reminder, keep the chat in the Lobby clean. If you want to have a more colorful discussion then Kronos is the room to do it in. The password to get into the Kronos chat room is agree.

The subscription to the chatroom has expired and it isn't used enough to justify the large expense that it was costing, I know there's a few modifications that I can add to put a new chatroom on the board so I'll try to get one installed by the weekend if time allows. The Spring semester is coming to a close right now, so I'm pretty busy but I'll do what I can as soon as I can.