Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Fantasy Football

My brothers and I formed a fantasy league after all. We need 5 more teams to get it going. As late as it is we're liable to miss out on week 1 but if 5 more people join before the cut off we'll get it going.

Anyone that wants to join can, it's free:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1

Once signed in go to Join Existing League. Our league is #501925.

Great! The other 5 teams (so far) are Mine (Kevin's Eagles) and 3 of my brothers and one of my nephews (Bruceskins, RaidersRT and KensKnuckleheads anr brothers and Team of Destruction is my nephew). I've also posted on the Eagles board so maybe we'll get some more people from Pa in there lol.

Stardate:213677.1

I joined as the Hoquiam Grizzlies.And guess who i face for Week 1.Thats right I face Kevin's Eagles.Bring it on VBG :bow: :)

I will find out from my brother when the draft is supposed to be, we are of course going to miss week 1 but sometime in the next day or 2 the draft will be done.

Stardate:213685.9

Looks to me we already had the draft.Drew Bledsoe as QB huh?Right on :clap:

Yeah, once we got the 10th team set the draft happened within about 10 hours. I'm pretty satisfied with my team, it may need a little tinkering but I'm happy for now.

I hate to say it,but admiralpeewee was just destroyed in fantasy football in week 1

I have a team called the Gridiron Admirals and they started a lot of NE Patriots...

Yeah,I guess you know what happened to those losers!

Well,i made some changes and swapped out most of the Pat's players in exchange for 49ers,Bills,and one Texan...hope week-2 is kinder... :bow:

I don't even want to talk about my first 2 weeks in college pick'em...the point spread trashed my scores...I picked every single winner and the point-spreads still made me a big time loser.... :)

I was eliminated in the first week of survivor football...I picked Miami :lol:

Could it have been worse?Yeah,sure...I suppose but not by much...

:( :lol: :( :tear:

I would've joined if I'd known you had a league....

but now that I'm already a registered coach in another league I don't think i can...

Edited by admiralpeewee

I love fantasy football!I have a team in a Yahoo!Public League,and I won big in week one,scoring 91-points!I have no real competition in week 2,either.I also belong to a fantasy league sponsored by a local radio station.

I'm not sure of my brother has e-mailed all of the teams but he did tell me that the way the league was set up makes it so that all of the players on the roster will count for your points total, it won't let him change that so just make sure you don't bench any of your players/ Start all of them.

Stardate:213699.9

Woa thanks for telling me cause i benched two of my players!!!!!!!!!!!!I think i will have them start instead :bow:

I won big in week one,scoring 91-points!I have no real competition in week 2,either.

I wonder if I'll have the ketchup or hot mustard with my crow tomorrow?At the moment I am only 3 points ahead of the team I declared would be no competition this week.Depending on how well New York Giant Ike Hilliard does tomorrow against Dallas,I may lose. :force:

I won big in week one,scoring 91-points!I have no real competition in week 2,either.

I wonder if I'll have the ketchup or hot mustard with my crow tomorrow?At the moment I am only 3 points ahead of the team I declared would be no competition this week.Depending on how well New York Giant Ike Hilliard does tomorrow against Dallas,I may lose. :)

Didn't you hear? Ike is out for the game....

Click for Spoiler:

Just kidding :force:

I wonder if I'll have the ketchup or hot mustard with my crow tomorrow?At the moment I am only 3 points ahead of the team I declared would be no competition this week.Depending on how well New York Giant Ike Hilliard does tomorrow against Dallas,I may lose. :)

Didn't you hear? Ike is out for the game....

Click for Spoiler:

Just kidding :force:

I wonder if I could get Tonya Harding to kneecap Ike before the game?

Stardate:213704.8

I won in a nailbiter 138-137.Hell of a way to start the season!!!!!!!

Yeah, but all your games for this week are done. I've still got the Monday Night game, so I might comeback, I just need two points. :force:

Yeah, but all your games for this week are done. I've still got the Monday Night game, so I might comeback, I just need two points. :bow:

Stardate:213707.9

Ahhhh crap i forgot to look if you had any games left :o

Maybe I should do what my brother Seth did last night...

he created a Yahoo fantasy league composed entirely of HIS teams,under various Yahoo user identities.That way,he says he's guaranteed to win a league! B)

Call me old fashioned,call me a true sportsman,but I'd rather continue loosing fairly than do what he did.Though,after getting hammered 105-28....the idea can seem appealing. :lol: Week 3 is looking better.I have Santana Moss,Johnny Morton,and Anquan Boldin at WR,Moe Williams and Warrick Dunn at RB,and the Indianapolis defense (all acquired by me yesterday through trades and free-agent picks)...my QBs are Billy Volek (Titans) and Vinny Testeverde (NYJ)...but,I have a claim on Matt Hassleback of Seattle (in exchange for Volek) that should go through tonight at midnight.And the guy I'm facing apparently has not taken a look at his team yet,since he has a ton of guys who are either out,questionable,or day-to-day.His defense,Carolina...doesn't even play this sunday,and he has no other defense on his bench.Hope he doesn't make any big moves on me before the weekend....maybe I'll win! :blink:

my QBs are Billy Volek (Titans) and Vinny Testeverde (NYJ)...but,I have a claim on Matt Hassleback of Seattle (in exchange for Volek) that should go through tonight at midnight.And the guy I'm facing apparently has not taken a look at his team yet,since he has a ton of guys who are either out,questionable,or day-to-day.His defense,Carolina...doesn't even play this sunday,and he has no other defense on his bench.Hope he doesn't make any big moves on me before the weekend....maybe I'll win! B)

How on earth do you have Volek and Testaverde while Hasselbeck is sitting on waivers? How did Hasselbeck get on waivers in the first place? I would love to see who else is available on that waiver list. I could probably build a championship team from free agents! B)

New Orleans and Buffalo let me down a little today,but Indianapolis and New England came through.I'm not quite sure yet,whether my 3 teams won or lost(I haven't calculated my totals yet),but I think I did okay.My opponents seemed to have the same mix of players with good and bad days,so its hard to tell.Hopefully,like my Seahawks,I am still perfect.We'll see tuesday,I suppose.

This was an amazingly bad week for me. In two separate leagues, I started at RB: Shaun Alexander, William Green, Deuce McAllister, and Travis Henry. The four of them combined for a whopping 11 points! Just shoot me now...

I was so busy with other things,I only registered a team Saturday night.The draft was finished this morning,and I have a good "mid-major" team.I'll need to get my hands on at least 1 good WR,a good back-up QB,and three better defensive players than I was given (although,I may keep Urlacher).Right now there are no free agents and everybody is on waivers until the 28th,so I may have to make do with what I have.

QB Jake Plummer (Den)..............back-up QB Michael Vick (Atl)

WR Corey Bradford (Tex).............back-up WR Antuan Boldin (Arz)

WR Terry Glenn (Dal)..................back-up RB Kevin Barlow (SF)

WR Joe Horn (NO)........................back-up DEF San Francisco

RB Priest Holmes (KC)

RB Moe Williams (MN)...................D Brian Urlacher (Chi)

TE Kyle Brady (Jac)

K Matt Bryant (NYG)

DEF Indianapolis

I don't recall the name of 2 of the defensive players I was dealt (and the fact that I do not know them,shows how far down on the totem pole they are).As you can see I have some work to do to improve this team.Hopefully,I'll have a superbowl contender by week-5.

Edited by Sirius

I was so busy with other things,I only registered a team Saturday night.The draft was finished this morning,and I have a good "mid-major" team.I'll need to get my hands on at least 1 good WR,a good back-up QB,and three better defensive players than I was given (although,I may keep Urlacher).Right now there are no free agents and everybody is on waivers until the 28th,so I may have to make do with what I have.

QB Jake Plummer (Den)..............back-up QB  Michael Vick (Atl)

WR Corey Bradford (Tex).............back-up WR Antuan Boldin (Arz) 

WR Terry Glenn (Dal)..................back-up  RB Kevin Barlow (SF)

WR Joe Horn (NO)........................back-up DEF San Francisco

RB  Priest Holmes (KC)

RB  Moe Williams (MN)...................D Brian Urlacher (Chi)

TE Kyle Brady (Jac)

K    Matt Bryant (NYG)

DEF  Indianapolis

I don't recall the name of 2 of the defensive players I was dealt (and the fact that I do not know them,shows how far down on the totem pole they are).As you can see I have some work to do to improve this team.Hopefully,I'll have a superbowl contender by week-5.

Let us know when you finish fine tuning your team.I'm curious to see who you come up with.I think I'd hang on to Moe Williams and Indianapolis.