Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Misfired Artillery Crashes Into Home,Lands On Bed & Hurts Cat

Misfired artillery crashes into New Jersey home, lands on bed and hurts housecat

AP

Posted: 2008-04-11 23:04:55

JEFFERSON TOWNSHIP, New Jersey (AP) - A piece of artillery that was apparently misfired by the military crashed through the roof of a home miles (kilometers) away Friday and injured a young girl's cat, which had to be euthanized, officials said.

No people were injured when the 2-pound (one-kilo) piece hit the Jefferson Township home about 2.5 miles (4 kilometers) from the Picatinny Arsenal and landed in the girl's bed, said Peter Rowland, arsenal spokesman. She wasn't home, but her cat was sleeping on the bed.

The homeowner told authorities she heard a loud noise around 2:40 p.m. and found the 6-by-4-inch (15-by-10-centimeter) object.

Picatinny officials told The Star-Ledger of Newark they were investigating. The base had been conducting tests Friday, and it was not immediately clear what type of artillery hit the home.

Picatinny is the site of the Armament Research, Development and Engineering Center, whose mission is to conduct research, development and engineering for weapons systems.

I don't believe them.......they were aiming for the cat....... :lol:

That's a hell of an accident. Poor cat. Sleeping at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Misfired artillery crashes into New Jersey home, lands on bed and hurts housecat

AP

Posted: 2008-04-11 23:04:55

JEFFERSON TOWNSHIP, New Jersey (AP) - A piece of artillery that was apparently misfired by the military crashed through the roof of a home miles (kilometers) away Friday and injured a young girl's cat, which had to be euthanized, officials said.

No people were injured when the 2-pound (one-kilo) piece hit the Jefferson Township home about 2.5 miles (4 kilometers) from the Picatinny Arsenal and landed in the girl's bed, said Peter Rowland, arsenal spokesman. She wasn't home, but her cat was sleeping on the bed.

The homeowner told authorities she heard a loud noise around 2:40 p.m. and found the 6-by-4-inch (15-by-10-centimeter) object.

Picatinny officials told The Star-Ledger of Newark they were investigating. The base had been conducting tests Friday, and it was not immediately clear what type of artillery hit the home.

Picatinny is the site of the Armament Research, Development and Engineering Center, whose mission is to conduct research, development and engineering for weapons systems.

I don't believe them.......they were aiming for the cat....... :lol:

kinda reminds me of the movie "stripes" a bit

I have to put my two sence in here.

I have a cat. Found her wraped in a pillow case.

There are sick people in this world.

She was 4 weeks old not even weened yet. took her to the vet said she will die.

I said no way.

Got a doll baby bottle fed her with it useed my heating pad.

she is now going on 9 years old. growing up on a

farm helps.

but i would be calling a big time leagle eagle.

my cat is like a child to me.

a house can be fixed. a pet can not.