Sign in to follow this  
Riaan

Starfleet Logo

To preface this post, I have a sometimes annoying habit of noticing details in TV episodes and films. This particular instance, I found interesting.

Has anyone noticed the Starfleet logo in ENT? Is it just me, or is it reminiscent of the NASA logo--the circular one with the red "delta shield" through an orbit, superimposed along with "NASA" over a star field?

Take a look at the flight suit patches in First Flight and the Starfleet Headquarters building in The Expanse. To me the Starfleet logo looks like an "evolved" version of the NASA logo. I would like to think it is in homage to all the astronauts, engineers, etc. of NASA.

Following that thought, the Starfleet logo or emblem in the other series would be further "evolutions" of the NASA logo. Do you suppose The Great Bird was paying homage way back when?

Just something to consider.

Stardate:213666.8

I think its a very good possibility the Gene was paying homage to NASA.I mean afterall Starfleet is basiclly a futuristis NASA.

Has anyone noticed the Starfleet logo in ENT? Is it just me, or is it reminiscent of the NASA logo--the circular one with the red "delta shield" through an orbit, superimposed along with "NASA" over a star field?

This one?

Click For Spoiler

I don't think that was a coincidence, they are related. Ent crew persons also wear mission patches just as the NASA teams do.

This is a coincidence...

Click For Spoiler

Notice how the image running down the center of the Shuttle looks like the footage of the break-up? That is an eerie coincidence.

I could not find a pic to prove it so please take my word for it, The personnel which help the crew-members enter the orbiter before a launch wear white jumpsuits with black stripes around the shoulders almost identical to ENT uniforms, no coincidence there either, imo.

Edited by Alterego

This one?

Click For Spoiler
hsf_hdr_main2.gif

I don't think that was a coincidence, they are related. Ent crew persons also wear mission patches just as the NASA teams do.

Alterego, yes that's the one. Can you capture an image of the ENT flight suit patch from the ones Archer and Robinson wore in First Flight, and post it beside the NASA logo for comparison?

Can someone show pictures of the NASA and the Starfleet logo side by side for comparrison?  I really don't remember seeing the Starfleet logo in ENT.

I wish I had the capability to show them side by side.

Jean-Luc, for the Starfleet logo, look at the patch on the left sleeve of the flight suits in First Flight. I also saw it on the exterior of the Starfleet headquarters building in The Expanse(I think that was the episode.) To me, the NASA logo and the ENT Starfleet logo are very similar.

Edited by Alterego

Thanks Alterego. You and VBG are the greatest! :bow:

Here you go Lt_Riann, you were right :)

First, four screen captures of the Starfleet logo…

Click For Spoiler

Click For Spoiler

Click For Spoiler

Click For Spoiler

Now the NASA logo…

Click For Spoiler

(Thanks go out to :bow: for making this comparison possible!)

Edited by Alterego

Here you go Lt_Riann, you were right  :lol:

First, four screen captures of the Starfleet logo…

Click For Spoiler
ff01.jpg

Click For Spoiler
ff02.jpg

Click For Spoiler
ex1.jpg

Click For Spoiler
ex2.jpg

Now the NASA logo…

Click For Spoiler
hsf_hdr_main2.gif

(Thanks go out to :hug: for making this comparison possible!)

Thanks Alterego and VBG. You two are the best!

I just found an image of the starfleet patch on Spike's Star Trek Site.

I couldn't get the image to display, so here's the website:

http://www.st-spike.de/pages/uniforms/ente...ise/patches.htm

That's pretty close to the NASA logo, don't you think?

Edited by Alterego

Thats cool. Maybe Starfleet evolved from NASA?

255190[/snapback]

I believe that's the message the producers of ENT (and most likely NASA itself) hoped to convey. This has to be the BEST example of ENT's potential for tying our present to Treks fictional future ever conceived.

Yeah, because it's not like just a futuristic sci-fi show, it's more like normal shuttlecraft crews that have really advanced ships and meet aliens.

Just something I heard on the next season of Enteprise that might be of interest.

Click For Spoiler