Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Site Upgrade and Skin changes

Ok, I finally got the new skin installed. It took a while because the company that I paid refused to fix some things that I didn't like about what they had done so I had to make the corrections myself. If you'd like to see their version of the new skin just scroll to the bottom of the screen and use the Skin selector in the bottom left corner. Their version is named StarTrekFans, this version is STARTREKFANS VI and if you want the original version back that one is STARTREKFANS V.

More alterations or additions may come soon but for now this is the new skin, you can use any of the skins in the selector that you wish though.

Also, for FireFox users I'm aware of the User Links bar issue with all of the links jumbled on one side. I'm going to try to correct that soon and have a FireFox friendly version soon.

it works fine with my firefox so im fine with it

It's an interesting skin, I'll check it out for a bit, and I'll keep it if it grows on me. Otherwise, I'll use the older version. I'm glad we have the option.

It took a while because the company that I paid refused to fix some things that I didn't like about what they had done

Well, that's annoying. What's the point of hiring someone when they won't do what you ask them to?

i love it. i'm using firefox and i'm not noticing any problems. i can't say it enough. i love the changes..

Like the new skin but have a 17 inch

flat skin. do not fit.

I prefer the new one but I cannot see the black on grey. I had to change my accessibility settings so that it inverted the text to white... I think it should stay like that.

Other than that I prefer it to the previous one you've been working on, Kevin, but that's my personal opinion. After all it's your site :laugh:

I prefer the new one but I cannot see the black on grey. I had to change my accessibility settings so that it inverted the text to white... I think it should stay like that.

Other than that I prefer it to the previous one you've been working on, Kevin, but that's my personal opinion. After all it's your site :laugh:

Black on grey? Where specifically? What screen?

On the StarTrekFans skin, while browsing the forums, the colour of text on the grey clashes so much.

Having said that, on the reply screen with the light teal and black, that looks very nice. A lot better from a Web Designer's point of view. :)

On the StarTrekFans skin, while browsing the forums, the colour of text on the grey clashes so much.

Having said that, on the reply screen with the light teal and black, that looks very nice. A lot better from a Web Designer's point of view. :)

The StarTrekFans skin hasn't been modified to work with our database very well. That's just there in case anyone wants to see it or of anyone likes it they can use it. The Default skin is STARTREKFANS VI and has been modified to work on this database.

The new skin looks fantastic, Kevin. Great Job!.... :)

Kor

:) ...uh....yes?....... :) :blink: :laugh:

The new skin looks fantastic, Kevin. Great Job!.... :)

Kor

:) ...uh....yes?....... :blink: :) :laugh:

:) Hello, sir!!!

oooooooohh, Kor and Cara sitting in a tree...

:laugh:

Oh relief! I saw your name next to the topic and thought "Oh boy he's pounced on me!"

:) :) :) :blink:

I was trying to test how to change the colour of text but it didn't work :)

oooooooohh, Kor and Cara sitting in a tree...

:laugh:

Oh relief! I saw your name next to the topic and thought "Oh boy he's pounced on me!"

:) :) :) :blink:

I was trying to test how to change the colour of text but it didn't work :)

Color

How did you do it? It worked for me...

:laugh: Where the heck is it?

You're picking black as your color. For it to show up you have to pick something that doesn't blend in with the background.

You're picking black as your color. For it to show up you have to pick something that doesn't blend in with the background.

How do I change it I can't find it the edit button

How do I change it I can't find it the edit button

color.JPG

The skin is doing a weird thing. On the portal, the banner will be farthest to the left, but everything else (current article, board stats, etc.) will be farthest to the right... far enough that I have to scroll to the right to see it all.

Here's what it look like when I go to the site...

post-1583-1208559441_thumb.jpg

And here's what it look like when I scroll over...

post-1583-1208559497_thumb.jpg

I'm using Firefox, but I didn't have this issue yesterday. It just started today.

The rest of the board seems fine.

(Sorry for posting two posts to say this, the screenshots were too large to upload both in the same post.)

Edited by WishfireOmega

And here's what it look like when I scroll over...

Screenshot02.jpg

I'm using Firefox, but I didn't have this issue yesterday. It just started today.

Switch your skin to the one named "StarTrekFans" and see how that looks.