Chargers over Chiefs

Rams over Giants

Falcons over Cowboys

49ers over Bears

Saints over Seahawks

Titans over Raiders

Monday Sep. 8

Eagles over Buccaneers

Wow!..It's only the first week and you're already going against my 2 teams..The Patriots and the Bucaneers... :laugh:

Wow!..It's only the first week and you're already going against my 2 teams..The Patriots and the Bucaneers... :laugh:

What can I say I'm an Eagle :laugh:

The Patriots and Bills though was one I almost left blank because I think it's going to be a really good, really close game. I don't know about injuries but I think Bledsoe will give em a run for their money. So really this game is a "too close to call" one in my mind.

Alright VBG. Time to blow up your predictions.

Jets over Redskins? Obviously, the off-season has been very good to you. (At this point, I would insert an icon smoking pot if we had one.) Don't know if you heard about it, but Pennington is out. Testaverde is starting. As bad as the Skins are, the Jets are even worse with Testaverde. Take the Skins.

Lions over Cards. Correct.

Steelers over Ravens. Correct.

Broncos over Bungles. Correct.

Dolphins over Texans. Correct.

Colts over Browns. Maybe.

Jags over Panthers. Time for the loud and obnoxious gameshow "incorrect" buzzer. Panthers win this one with solid defense and a lot of Stephen Davis.

Pack over Vikes. No brainer.

Bills over Pats. Maybe.

Chargers over Chiefs. Yes, and pigs will fly. Neither team has much defense and the Chiefs have way too much offense.

Rams over Giants. Probably.

Falcons over Cowboys. If the Cowboys are going to win at all this year, this could be the one. However, I can't pick them, even against the wounded "Dirty Birds".

49ers over Bears. Logical. :laugh:

Aints over Hawks. BUZZZZZ! Wrong again. Vanna, what consolation prize do we have for our loser? Alright, take your board game and get off the stage. This is the Hawks year (Super Bowl Prediction: Hawks lose to the Raiders. You heard it here first folks.).

Titans over Raiders. BUZZZZ! Security, get this guy out of here. See my Super Bowl Prediction above.

Eagles over Bucs. Maybe.

VBG, I have abused you enough today. Until next week.

:laugh:

Alright VBG. Time to blow up your predictions.

Jets over Redskins? Obviously, the off-season has been very good to you. (At this point, I would insert an icon smoking pot if we had one.) Don't know if you heard about it, but Pennington is out. Testaverde is starting. As bad as the Skins are, the Jets are even worse with Testaverde. Take the Skins.

Dolphins over Texans. Correct.

Colts over Browns. Maybe.

Jags over Panthers. Time for the loud and obnoxious gameshow "incorrect" buzzer. Panthers win this one with solid defense and a lot of Stephen Davis.

Pack over Vikes. No brainer.

Bills over Pats. Maybe.

Chargers over Chiefs. Yes, and pigs will fly. Neither team has much defense and the Chiefs have way too much offense.

Rams over Giants. Probably.

Falcons over Cowboys. If the Cowboys are going to win at all this year, this could be the one. However, I can't pick them, even against the wounded "Dirty Birds".

49ers over Bears. Logical. :laugh:

Aints over Hawks. BUZZZZZ! Wrong again. Vanna, what consolation prize do we have for our loser? Alright, take your board game and get off the stage. This is the Hawks year (Super Bowl Prediction: Hawks lose to the Raiders. You heard it here first folks.).

Titans over Raiders. BUZZZZ! Security, get this guy out of here. See my Super Bowl Prediction above.

Eagles over Bucs. Maybe.

VBG, I have abused you enough today. Until next week. 

:laugh:

Some of the games were very close to call but I wanted to pick someone in each game rather then leave it blank.

Lets look at our differences and why I chose the way I did.

Jets over Redskins

True, the Jets are hurtting and Vinnie has only thrown a total of 15 passes since last September but the Redskins are also hurtting. Both of their leading rushers from last year are gone they are still starting a basically rookie QB and look who their coach is. Aside from all of that I'm an Eagles fan, I HAVE to go against the Redskins, Cowboys and Gnats....errr... Giants... :lol:

Jags over Panthers

Another close one, I just picked.

Chargers over Chiefs

I picked the Chargers simply because of their coach, this is kind of an "upset pick" though.

Saints over Seahawks

This was a hard pick, I think Holmgren has done a great job up there and the Seahawks have a great deal of potential for the season. I think this game comes down to how well the 2 QB's play.

Titans over Raiders

I haven't followed either of these 2 teams at all this off season, so this pick was based on comments made on ESPN2 and footage of the Raiders from Preseason. The Raiders are a huge question mark in my mind this season. Are they REALLY as good as their season last year would have suggested? If they are then what happened on Super Sunday? I don't believe the Bucs are as good as everyone made out and I believed the Raiders would deal with them and win the game, but they fell apart. Can they recover from that? Is Rich Gannon really as good as everyone in Oakland thinks he is? We'll see, but I have my doubts. Don't get me wrong, the Raiders have their bright spots but for me I have a lot of questions that can only be answered on the field.

VBG, if edmcgon gets too out of hand, Pm me and i will personally smack his a$$ for you. However, he did win our football pool last year, so he is on a roll. so there is a chance that the ego on legs is right. LOL

VBG, if edmcgon gets too out of hand, Pm me and i will personally smack his a$$ for you. However, he did win our football pool last year, so he is on a roll. so there is a chance that the ego on legs is right. LOL

LOL No, I LOVE football and love a good football "argument". He and I are actually pretty close in thinking (looking at this weeks games anyway). The games in disagreement are games I really could have picked either way.

Jaguars over Panthers

Packers over Vikings

You picked the Jags?? Lord lets hope you are right...cant take another messed up season for the "home" team....ugghhh. It is getting embarassing

As for the Pack over the Vikings...yep thats about right...tough one here because I like both teams...

VBG, I consider the Super Bowl a "glitch". If you recall the game, remember John Lynch talking on the sideline about the Raiders running all the plays the Bucs ran in practice? It was all Gruden. If the Bucs had any other coach besides Gruden, the Raiders would have killed them.

The Raiders will be back. :laugh:

As for the Hawks-Aints game, I agree with you about the QB's being the difference. However, if you look at the end of last season, Hasselbeck was one of the hottest QB's in football. Brooks was one of the coldest.

It will be a good game either way, and could in fact come down to coaching. One thing to remember about Brooks last year is that he was hampered at the end by that shoulder. It remains to be seen how he comes back from the surgery.

These two teams could be "Upcomming" teams or they could be "Pretenders". It will be interesting to see which way they go.

Geez hard to tell you too are married LOL.

My predictions are completely the opposite of VBG's just because I know absolutely nothing about the NFL teams and since VBG does that gives me a very good chance of getting them correct.

Of course you do realize that by starting this forum, bysty and I will DEMAND equal treatment when the NHL season starts!!!!

Stardate:213666.9

The Seachick.....errr Seahawks had better do something this year im getting tired of thier bs.I live about 75 miles from Seattle and im ashamed that they are even in my state.Last year Holmgren complained that the Seachickens werent getting fan support because of the Mariners.Well no sh!t Holmgren!You Seachickens start playing as good as the Seattle Mariners and we might come watch you play!!!!!!!!!!

Of course you do realize that by starting this forum, bysty and I will DEMAND equal treatment when the NHL season starts!!!!

NHL? What's that?

National Hosers League. It's a Canadian thing! :laugh:

NHL? What's that?

National Hosers League. It's a Canadian thing! :laugh:

LOL I think I heard of that :laugh:

Well the Redskins beat the Jets but if they had played any other team I don't think the Redskins would have scored at all. The Jets seemed to start off like gang busters driving 70 yards for a touchdown but then couldn't do much more after that, Vinnie's rust was very much showing at times. His very first pass should have been intercepted.

I missed all of the third quarter so I don't know how things went there but I thought the Redskins might blow it at the end there, they almost did and the kicker nearly missed that kick lol.

Anyway so far I'm 0-1 on my picks. I wasn't all that surprised though.

Yes VBG, you are 0-1. And I'm 1-0. As Riker once said to Commander Shelby, "How awful for you." :clap:

I will be nice. I will make my picks first next week and let you abuse them.

:dude:

Yes VBG, you are 0-1. And I'm 1-0. As Riker once said to Commander Shelby, "How awful for you." :clap:

I will be nice. I will make my picks first next week and let you abuse them.

:dude:

That's ok, I will always (almost always) pick against the Redskins anyway lol. O promise you I will have more then a couple of games picked right.

Ok here's my predictions for week 1.

Thursday, Sep. 4

Jets over Redskins

Sunday, Sep. 7

Lions over Cardinals

Steelers over Ravens

Broncos over Bangles

Dolphins over Texans

Colts over Browns

Jaguars over Panthers

Packers over Vikings

Bills over Partiots

Chargers over Chiefs

Rams over Giants

Falcons over Cowboys

49ers over Bears

Saints over Seahawks

Titans over Raiders

Monday Sep. 8

Eagles over Buccaneers

Ok here's the results so far:

Jets over Redskins was incorrect, Skins won 16-13

Lions over Cardinals was correct, the Lions won 42-24

Steelers over Ravens was correct, the Steelers won 34-15

Broncos over Bangles was correct, the Broncos won 30-10

Dolphins over Texans was incorrect, the Texans won 21-20

Colts over Browns was correct, the colts won 9-6 (Exciting game huh?)

Jaguars over Panthers was incorrect, the Panthers won 24-23

Packers over Vikings was surprisingly incorrect, the Vikings won 30-25

Bills over Partiots was correct, the bills won 31-0

Chargers over Chiefs was incorrect, the KC won 27-14

Rams over Giants was incorrect, the Giants won 23-13

Falcons over Cowboys was correct. the Falcons won 27-13

49ers over Bears was correct, the 49ers won 49-7

Saints over Seahawks was incorrect, the Seahawks won 27-10

Titans over Raiders this game isn't yet over but at this moment the Titans are winning 15-10 and the Raiders aren't impressing me.

So for Thursdays and Sundays games so far I am 7-7 with 2 games left to resolve.

There were a couple of surprises today, but not a lot.

Stardate:213685.9

Well ill be damned the Seachickens won today!!Thats win # 1 out of a possible 4 :lol: :clap:

Well at least the 49ers won.I always root for them.

By the way VBG the Titans beat the Raiders 25-20 :dude: Damn i was rooting the the silver and black

Yeah, the Raiders lost so I'm 8-7 for the week and the worst I can do is break even if the Eagles blow it tomorrow.

Being an Eagles fan I can't root for the Raiders, not after Super Bowl XV lol.

Time to look at my picks:

Redskins over Jets. Correct.

Dolphins over Texans. Wrong.

Colts over Browns. Correct.

Panthers over Jags. Correct.

Pack over Vikes. Wrong.

Bills over Pats. Correct.

Chiefs over Chargers. Correct.

Rams over Giants. Wrong.

Falcons over Cowboys. Correct.

49ers over Bears. Correct.

Hawks over Aints. Correc.t

Raiders over Titans. Wrong.

Eagles over Bucs. To be determined.

11-4. VBG, try not to choke on my dust! :clap:

Jets over Redskins was incorrect, Skins won 16-13

The Jets should have won, could have won but didn't.

Jaguars over Panthers was incorrect, the Panthers won 24-23

This was a game that could have gone either way and the score shows how close it was.

Bills over Partiots was correct, the bills won 31-0

A "Maybe" counts as a victory? I'll just pick "maybe's" from now on lol :tear:

Chargers over Chiefs was incorrect, the KC won 27-14

I was way off on this one, I expected to see the Chargers come out strong like they did last year.

Saints over Seahawks was incorrect, the Seahawks won 27-10

Again I was way off on this one and again I expected to see the Saints pick up from last year.

Titans over Raiders 25-20

The Raiders aren't as good as everyone thinks they are.

So You did have a better week then I did but I'd put your record at:

9-4-3 (9 correct, 4 incorrect and 3 "maybe's" lol)